The online racing simulator
LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )

Poll : Should LFS be sold on Steam

Closed since :
No, LFS should not be sold on Steam
Yes, LFS should be sold on Steam
Quote from mcintyrej :No, it'll fill the game up with crashing kids.

yeah, people sure will buy the game to get banned. there is no reason for me not to publish the game on steam
Quote from Jsm :You have to admit it would be one hell of game if they listened to every single post on this forum.

Someone in the thread "what cars you'd like in LFS" or something like that recently posted a pedaled car. Fun fun fun.
Most of the suggestions are good/great, but not all, so including all would be really bad.
LFS isn't finished yet, so the question is moot at this stage.
No. End of discussion
Quote from Deejayyaj :BIG NO!!!

1)Its hard to connect on steam
2)Eat lots of memory (graphic interface and too many flash ads)

Do you even know what Steam is? It's like super easy to use, gives a lot of exposure to less known games, allows easy friendlist useage and you simply minimilize steam when playing. There are no flash ads or other at all involved.

I only see benefits to the game.
It's a no for me, I tried steam some time ago and its simply not for me! I also agree with earlier comments 'its not our choice to make' and looking at the poll (as of today) no seems to be a popular choice.
Quote from FPVaaron :I don't understand how people can possibly vote no.

*More budget and motivation for Devs

It was stated many many times BY THE SCAVIER TEAM, that more €€€€ incoming wouldn't speed up the the developer of LFS nor the patchs

SO, NO TO STEAM, also i think scawen say he never gona put lfs on steam
well it would bring alot of amatures and kids looking to just crash into all servers. there will be the bored kids wrecking demo, then the rich ones wrecking s2 servers, or trying to race good without knowing how to even slip a clutch (which is a reality soon here with almost everyone driving an automatic)
How you people cant use steam? I dont see any problem than that admin would have much more bans to do.
Quote from Inouva :It was stated many many times BY THE SCAVIER TEAM, that more €€€€ incoming wouldn't speed up the the developer of LFS nor the patchs

SO, NO TO STEAM, also i think scawen say he never gona put lfs on steam

It's like you have a vendetta against me which i can only assume is a severe case of sexual desire to sleep with me. you never seem to read more than 10% of any of my posts without quoting me in some aggressive nature.
Quote from FPVaaron :It's like you have a vendetta against me which i can only assume is a severe case of sexual desire to sleep with me. you never seem to read more than 10% of any of my posts without quoting me in some aggressive nature.

i'd start to worry if she tried to hump your leg.
Steam requirements:
512 MB

LFS requirements:
256 MB

So thats one damn good reason not to have steam, before you get on a server you require twice as much ram, without actually playing a game, I think that would be a poor show from LFS. If its not broken, don't try to fix it.
Yes, go steam
Quote from FPVaaron :It's like you have a vendetta against me which i can only assume is a severe case of sexual desire to sleep with me. you never seem to read more than 10% of any of my posts without quoting me in some aggressive nature.

You are the idiot saying "More money more motivation to dev the game"
Quote from Inouva :You are the idiot saying "More money more motivation to dev the game"

Idiotic to suggest that having a high increase of profit in your business would be motivation?
I actually agree, money and motiation are two different things, I think LFS would be spoilt if invaded by steam users. I think lfs has more important things to do, getting on steam to me would be as bad as selling out to a large game company. The independance of LFS is part of what makes it so good.
Quote from FPVaaron :Idiotic to suggest that having a high increase of profit in your business would be motivation?

Yes since dev say several times that more money wont speed up the patch nor s3 or whatever
Quote from Psysim :I actually agree, money and motiation are two different things, I think LFS would be spoilt if invaded by steam users. I think lfs has more important things to do, getting on steam to me would be as bad as selling out to a large game company. The independance of LFS is part of what makes it so good.

I see where you are coming from.
I would also not want to see LFS get spoilt, though you must agree something has to be done to bring people back to the game and that won't happen without S3 or some kind of advertising scheme.
Quote from Inouva :Yes since dev say several times that more money wont speed up the patch nor s3 or whatever

Motivation does not necessarily mean speed.
Quote from FPVaaron :I see where you are coming from.
I would also not want to see LFS get spoilt, though you must agree something has to be done to bring people back to the game and that won't happen without S3 or some kind of advertising scheme.

Well, we're probably gonna have to wait for S3 and count on good PR like Vykos and others did back in the day.

Scawen also said (long long time ago, probably on old RSC) that LFS won't be properly advertised (by Scavier) until the game is finished. Maybe they changed their minds in the mean time, but I don't think we're gonna hear anything official on the subject at hand (hope I'm wrong, tho).
#46 - Jsm
Quote from Psysim :Steam requirements:
512 MB

LFS requirements:
256 MB

So thats one damn good reason not to have steam, before you get on a server you require twice as much ram, without actually playing a game, I think that would be a poor show from LFS. If its not broken, don't try to fix it.

Interesting, I have never actually read the requirements for steam. I just did check them and they are a bit of a surprise to me as it never uses more than ~20mb of ram. I guess the recommendation is that people have enough ram for steam + any game that may be running through it.
I believe there are games on steam that require double and more amount of RAM than 512.
It's probably just safety overhead, so they don't get complaints if it doesn't work with 256 or whatever.

Also, did you check it with just steam or when there's a game playing in backround? Steam process might use more if there's a steam game active too (just a random thought).

Edit: Also. mine uses 69 MB atm, just opened it and checked.
Edit2: It's 75 now. (gonna stop updating post, too)
would it be possible to seperate the 2 versions of the game?

like have a steam version, then have a version like it is now. seperate the servers and everything?

people can get it on steam, and the clean(ish) racing we have wont get interrupted
Quote from JPeace :Butler wasn't him dipshit.

sorry sorry but Sean Butler and Sean Williams are the same person on teamspeak lol. And sean even admitted it to me when we were playing Xbox.
Quote from logitekg25 :would it be possible to seperate the 2 versions of the game?

like have a steam version, then have a version like it is now. seperate the servers and everything?

people can get it on steam, and the clean(ish) racing we have wont get interrupted

The point of selling on steam is so we have more fresh blood (to populate the racing servers). With your suggestion, we would see "just" a bigger cash flow for the devs and some extra bills. Separating community into two or more is never a good idea.

LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG