The online racing simulator
LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )

Poll : Should LFS be sold on Steam

Closed since :
No, LFS should not be sold on Steam
Yes, LFS should be sold on Steam
LFS on Steam - Poll
Hey guys, i see the thread about LFS being sold on Steam is getting a lot of attention. Because there are so many mixed opinions, maybe a poll would help?

It might help the dev's with a decision if they were to consider it.
No.
Sean your a no.
and your a fast.. wait no your not
#5 - Seb66
jabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ok Mr.Lyddon/Williams/Buttler IMHO i dont think it need to be sold on steam
#7 - CSF
I declare Sean the winner of the trolling.
Aye but they've spelt 'you're' wrong.

Both of them that is. Sorry, had to point it out

Back on topic, no but I'm biased as I friggin hate steam. Just eats my computer alive.
definately not.
BIG NO!!!

1)Its hard to connect on steam
2)Eat lots of memory (graphic interface and too many flash ads)
sorry but NO

im not ready for some big spam advertisement on my game
Yes!

The more the merrier.
Where is the option "this is an utterly pointless poll as the devs are the only ones deciding how to distribute their game"?

Frankly, I worry when customers think they're entitled to choose how the vendor's business is run...
Steam is horrible.
I want to decide when to download patches, I want to be able to play offline, I don't want to start some stupid program just to play a game I bought.
I don't understand how people can possibly vote no.

*More budget and motivation for Devs
*More people online!

If you don't want noobs driving around crashing in your server then put a experience cap on it.
IE: You would require xxx amount of experience to race on this server.

I remember the days where I could log into LFS and jump right into a full server, I miss those days.

Now, I have to wait until 2am GMT+10 until there is a server with more than 20 people in it.

You all need to put aside this weird thing you have against steam and think about the big picture here.
Would you rather play a slowly emptying LFS or have it back in all it's glory.

Another question, how many of you who voted still actually play LFS??
Quote from herki :Steam is horrible.
I want to decide when to download patches, I want to be able to play offline, I don't want to start some stupid program just to play a game I bought.

A: You can start steam in offline mode
B: Like other games steam will not be the only selling point, you will still be able to download and install from lfs.com

Remember, steam was developed for counter strike, only some games developed by Valve are for sale on steam and steam alone.
#17 - e.M
Quote from FPVaaron :
Another question, how many of you who voted still actually play LFS??

this

who cares about your relationship with steam? there are servers opening up but they are always empty becouse you stupids stopped playing lfs with a lame excuse that lfs is degrading becouse of lack of content...
it still is an awesome experience if you have somebody to experience it with
I bite my tung, but i say YES
I don't care. BTW never used Steam...
As much as it's "fun" debating it, but in the end, I think the software developers will decide if to sell it on steam or not. After all, it's their software.
If they listened to all of us, just search the forum through and see what all would we have in the game.
I just voted no because this poll is useless since community will not make this decision and there is no "I don't care" option.
Meh what ever
No, it'll fill the game up with crashing kids.
#25 - Jsm
Quote from Deejayyaj :BIG NO!!!

1)Its hard to connect on steam
2)Eat lots of memory (graphic interface and too many flash ads)

Firstly steam (for me anyway) is easy to get connected and uses 15mb of ram, which for me is less than my AV and MSN.

Secondly (directed at the idea in general, and I know I am going to be hated for saying this), the sort of attitude that is present in the steam suggestion threads I have seen over the years is one of my main problems with LFS / the players. It seems nearly everyone is hostile to the idea of more players coming to LFS.
Every time I have seen a thread like this with that sort of attitude in I have wondered would it really be that bad if more people played? There's always people moaning that there's not enough people on when they want to play.
I guess I could see some peoples point about the quality of players going down but who really cares that much, and would it really have any effect?

It also seems that people think that if LFS is sold on steam instantly every bad person would buy it, which obviously wouldn't happen. If someone was planning to buy LFS just to ruin peoples experience online by crashing/wrecking then IMO they would do it no matter how its sold. But saying that, how many people actually spend £24 just to try and ruin other peoples experiences? It seems like a bit of an expensive way to troll people.
The people who would buy LFS on steam would be the same sort of people who buy it now (People who want a racing sim I would presume). It would just be more visible to those people.

Some sims are already sold on Steam (admittedly not any real racing sim but other sims, ArmA etc are) and it hasn't had any visible negative effect on their communities (in fact I would say the increase in the playerbase of ArmA due to steam has been a good thing)

So in short I guess I am saying that I would like to see LFS sold on steam (and other DD places). However I cannot see it happening, I mean 100% of profit going to developers vs a % being taken for Valve.

Quote from xfirestorm :As much as it's "fun" debating it, but in the end, I think the software developers will decide if to sell it on steam or not. After all, it's their software.
If they listened to all of us, just search the forum through and see what all would we have in the game.

You have to admit it would be one hell of game if they listened to every single post on this forum.

LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG