The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Senna is the 1st reserve. However maybe Renault might employ someone like Heidfeld as a safer bet.

Doesn't matter know tho. let's hope Kubica is ok.

+ Heidfeld has nothing to do and is fit. Also, if possible, "buy" Hülkenberg out of the FI test contract, but I guess that won't happen, and it's not fair for Kubica if we think more of a replacement than himself. This sucks, I hope he'll be okay.

But there are Alex Zanardi and Alessandro Nannini who proved to be good with limits, even though not in F1.
Quote from Timdpr :It's good news there'll be no amputation, but doctors are specifically working on keeping functionality in his hand

Kubica suffers fractures, hand at risk:
http://www.euronews.net/sport/ ... ed-in-rally-crash-source/

Quote :"After undergoing extensive medical checks this morning, Robert Kubica has been diagnosed with multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery at the Santa Corona Hospital in Pietra Ligure," a Renault statement said.

His manager, Daniele Morelli, told reporters at the hospital: "Surgeons are trying to re-establish the functionality of his right hand… but Robert is very strong and he will do it."

Latest news say that his hand will fine, but it's gonna take some time until he fully regains control over it, so he will probably miss the whole 2011 season... I'm pretty disappointed to hear it...
Terrible news for Kubica, hope he recovers.

Probably Bruno's best and only chance to impress now. I would love to see him do well.

BTW anyone see Mike Gascoyne's comments about Bahrain and Abu Dhabi?

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1- ... y-boring-desert-circuits/

Can anyone with racing experience explain why these circuits do suck so badly? I hear they are ok for the other classes that race there.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well for whatever reason, either way, he didn't CHOOSE to stop racing, so I don't know why QS worded it like that.

Probably because it's a fact, he was the only one on the track, he didn't carry his family on his back. I also didn't want to imply that he was forced to do it because I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that.

Latest news says Kubica will be out for the whole season, and there is still a chance he won't recover full functionality in his right hand.
All the best Robert, hope F1 is not over for you.
Last year senna was the one i saw spinning out the most.
I reckon any rookie in a crap car deserves at least one more chance in something mid field or better.

Senna is just lucky if its him.
One thing is for sure, he is still indestructable, I make that 3 major crashes which should have killed him now, someone is watching over him.
Found this on another forum this morning...

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Probably because it's a fact, he was the only one on the track, he didn't carry his family on his back..

he was what 10? when his uncle died, 11 or 12 when his father died. What 10-12 year old gets to make that decision after two deaths?

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/driver/2788.html

Quote :A talented youngster, Senna began karting when he was five, often beating his uncle in races at the family farm. However, when Bruno's father Flavio Lalli died in a motorcycle crash in 1995 shortly after Ayrton's death at Imola in 1994, his mother Viviane Senna Lalli made her son hang up his helmet.

He stayed away from the sport for the best part of ten years, but unable to ignore his passion for racing, started again aged 20, and in just his third race he qualified second in the British Formula BMW Championship. Then, at the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix ten years after his uncle's death, he drove demonstration laps in a replica of Senna's old Lotus 98T, and the talk of his future in F1 started in earnest.

Quote from Bean0 :Found this on another forum this morning...

Ahhh.

I wish good luck to full recorvery and I hope that will see Robert Kubica in Formula 1 in year 2012! Big congratulations to doctors and mainly to Mr. Rossello.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Probably because it's a fact, he was the only one on the track, he didn't carry his family on his back.

I'm not really sure what you mean here...

Overthinking it I guess he was happy to be rid of HRT but either way, if he wanted to further his F1 career HRT wasn't the right place to be, so he didn't have a choice really.
Quote from tinvek :on board footage from first car down the stage after kubica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

awfull lot of armco with exposed ends on the stage, easy to see how it happened

taken from the comments of that video:

2:30 Driver: "Scivola" - which means that the car is skidding (or the road is slippery). Pilot confirms "Yes, I can feel that".

3:25 Pilot: "ok, drive, drive."

3:27 Driver: "Is (he) injured (is there an injurer)?"... Pilot: "He's injured, he's injured"

3:28 "Shit!"

3:34 "ok, ok, stop here, stop here..."

3:41 "Shit... (garbled)"

3:42 "... no, I don't know..."

3:44 "I knew he would smash there" or "I knew, he would get dragged there".
Quote from BlueFlame :1 : http://images.teamtalk.com/11/ ... MP426-McLaren_2558676.jpg - Oh , yea my bad it doesn't look like Carbon Fibre at all.....

2 : I don't claim to know anything about exhaust design, what I do know is that picture isn't it. I'm only calling it an exhaust because they (McLaren) are. Thinking of it as a ventilation hole for gearbox cooling makes more sense as the way it is designed looks as though it's meant to pull the heat from underneath the engine cover itself rather than everybody elses 'gaping holes' that are just there to use the use the high pressure air to drag the hot air out the back of the car but McLaren said some of the car was designed just for the launch to throw the other teams off the scent, not like it matters anyway.

You mustn't be able to read very well if you think that I said exhausts have to into a unified exit...... In this configuration the picture posted, it couldn't possibly BE an exhaust, that's the whole point.

Erm, I was talking about the silvery white things coming out of the cylinder heads. You know the exhausts. Not the exit duct for gearbox cooling, or the bit where the driver sits, or the round things with tyres, but the exhausts. The bit where the engine exhaust gases go through. The bit that isn't carbon, and isn't even visible in your picture. Do you know what a car is?

Oh, and hope Kubica recovers fully and sooner rather than later. Been following it all on twitter, and I'm impressed with the surgery carried out.
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, I was talking about the silvery white things coming out of the cylinder heads. You know the exhausts. Not the exit duct for gearbox cooling, or the bit where the driver sits, or the round things with tyres, but the exhausts. The bit where the engine exhaust gases go through. The bit that isn't carbon, and isn't even visible in your picture. Do you know what a car is?

Yes, and I was talking about McLaren's attempt to throw the opposition with a fake unified exhaust exit. There's no point reading a post if all you will do is make your own story out of it.
Quote from dadge :3:44 "I knew he would smash there".

Moreno lives in areas where the rally took place and he knows that the S.S. is a very dangerous and where it is easy to have accidents.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes, and I was talking about McLaren's attempt to throw the opposition with a fake unified exhaust exit. There's no point reading a post if all you will do is make your own story out of it.

LOL. I don't think they were trying to pass that off as an engine exhaust. You mistook the cooling vent for an exhaust, and somehow completely missed the grey tubing exiting either side of the engine... Stop trying to cover up your complete lack of understanding of anything.
Kubica moving fingers again:
http://www.euronews.net/sport/ ... usly-optimistic-a-day-on/

Quote :"He was briefly woken up by the doctors," Renault said in a statement. "He was then able to talk to his relatives. He was also able to move his fingers which is encouraging for the rest of his recovery process."

"The hand is warm and this means the operation went well," surgeon Mario Igor Rossello told reporters at the Santa Corona hospital near Genoa.
"We need at least six days to check if the circulation of the blood in the limb responds as it should."

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG