The online racing simulator
I don't understand neither why Mateschitz isn't forced to sell "Red Bull #2". It was forbidden to copy the cars so STR can use the old or similar RBR model, but I'd like to see someone buying it and making it a rival, actually.

Bring back Minardi, you stupids:|
Quote from BlueFlame :Well putting it like that, I understand where you're coming from, and I agree but on the other hand, the Renault this year looks alot similar the Renault of last year, I'm sure the telemetry will be comparable.

Even if that were true we have totally new tyres, it's easy to forget but that basically means all setup data from last year is useless.

+1 on bringing back Minardi
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Even if that were true we have totally new tyres, it's easy to forget but that basically means all setup data from last year is useless.

+1 on bringing back Minardi

Yea, it's true, +1 also!
Quote from BlueFlame :We know Petrov is a definate points finnish kind of guy

Quote from BlueFlame :at least when he made a rookie mistake he just took himself out and not everyone else.

Ah, those kind of points. Why didn't you say? I thought you meant F1 world championship points...you know, the ones you get for finishing races in points-paying positions. The ones which he scored hardly any of last year. So, I can't see your evidence for saying he is a "definite points finish kind of guy". On the evidence we have he really isn't. Your gut isn't evidence and it doesn't award points.

Quote from BlueFlame :have you even watched F1 in 2010?

Yes.

Quote from BlueFlame :Petrov was good

No.
As long as Heidfield keeps his beard, he will do alright.
the reason why petrov isn't up to the job yet is the same reason why williams decided to keep barichello rather than hulkenberg, one year's experience in F1 does not make you sufficently knowlageable to develope the car, especially now that testing is so restricted. renault can not afford to go down any routes in development that does not work and similarly they can't afford to reject a possibility just becasue at first it doesn't seem to be beneficial. the trick is seperating the one from the other and certain drivers have the ability to do this more reliably than others, williams always rated heidfeld's feedback on developments and admitted it's one area they struggled with after he left. senna might possibly be faster than heidfeld in an equal car but it's very likely that heidfeld would ensure his car was substantially faster than senna's by the fifth race if they both developed a car seperately.

also with the points system the way it is and changes in the regs, the ability to bring a car home will count for a lot, petrov had this last season in some races but senna made a ofof mistakes through pushing past what the car was capable of. it maybe that in a more capable car he'd be a better finisher but when coupled with petrov's habit last year of hindering his race prospects through crashes im qualifying / practice it's too much of a gamble to have both of them in a team at once, thats why teams tend to like one steady driver alongside a more "advetureous" driver.

ideally from renault's poit of view, heidfeld will develope the car and bring it home in races whilst petrov will build on the flair he showed last year and be challenging at the front.

of course the worst case scenario from testing is if senna and heidfeld are both faster than petrov !
Quote from tinvek :of course the worst case scenario from testing is if senna and heidfeld are both faster than petrov !

I don't think they would be bothered. He's bringing a large wod of cash which more than makes up for any lack of pace.
Quote from BlueFlame :Petrov can improve his first season didn't go especially well, but considering his back ground (LADA ice racing) he's done extremely well for the little amount of single seater racing he's actually done, I think Petrov is an extremely raw talent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Petrov

Before F1, he's had 7 years of single seaters between 2003 and 2009, including 3 full GP2 and 2 full GP2 Asia seasons.

That's definitely a lot, I belive many feeder series drivers from last decade could've done at least as good as him with his experience.

Quote :You can't really argue with Renault though, Heidfeld is a decent driver, in his last races for Sauber he scored as many points as De La Rosa in 5 races and nobody complained that he got a seat did they?

Hard to make any proper comparaison on the matter, the Sauber was breaking at almost every single GP in first season half.
Yes the sad thing is no matter how bad Petrov becomes he will still have enough money behind him to scrounge a drive whilst a talented driver goes home with nothing, but I stand by Petrov, I think he is a genuine talent.
I can't see much from petrov, extremely inconsistant.

I rekon he needs atleast 3 years under hes belt before he becomes atleast decent(which is way too long).
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes the sad thing is no matter how bad Petrov becomes he will still have enough money behind him to scrounge a drive whilst a talented driver goes home with nothing, but I stand by Petrov, I think he is a genuine talent.

i agree. what has happened to Kubica could be the incentive Petrov needs to get a bit more performance out of him. I don't think Petrov will let the new driver become the team 1st driver without a fight. i hope.
Well he got flamed, and punished by the FiA for an apparent rookie error at Suzuka, in my opinion, it wasn't his fault at all..
Wow Quick-Nick, nicely done. Even if it's just testing.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Hmm... hmmm... hmmmmmmmmmmm....

*Not quite convinced*

His bitching last year at HRT didn't make him fans... Well, we can understand he was disappointed about the car, but Chandhok didn't need to run around and telling everyone how fugly his car is.

bollocks. Since when did Bruno bitch about how crap/fugly his car was? He said most of the times that he was confident in doing his best with what he had, I never read about him going on about how bad his car was.
Apart from when he wound up Colin Kolles and got himself out of Silverstone.
Well, I did read something.

Quote from Senninha25 :
Apart from when he wound up Colin Kolles and got himself out of Silverstone.

Well, that's kind of what I meant.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Wow Quick-Nick, nicely done. Even if it's just testing.

+1
Beaten Senna by a second and Petrov by two.
I hope people here are realize Heidfeld is the best option for Kubicas cockpit no matter what.
There is nothing about Senna nor Petrov, both are good drivers but at the level for current F1.
Quote from yankman :+1
Beaten Senna by a second and Petrov by two.
I hope people here are realize Heidfeld is the best option for Kubicas cockpit no matter what.
There is nothing about Senna nor Petrov, both are good drivers but at the level for current F1.

Testing times are absolutely no indication of performance, at all. If we go by testing times, the Williams is 2 seconds faster than the Mclaren, and Barrichello is nearly 3 seconds faster than his team-mate. Do you think that's the case?

Anyway, it was much colder today than yesterday, that could easily be worth a second.
also, only Renault knows how much fuel was in the cars during their sessions. As well as any number of other things they might have changed on the car.
let me jump into this convo...

senna and heidfeld arent even competing for a place, place was always going to be for Nick, as long as he didnt mess up. Doing the time he did, and making no mistake, means he gets the place.

If i have to watch a season without Kubica, id rather do it watching Nick than anyone else.

Some interesting stuff:
  • RBR is the longest and has longest wheelbase
  • Merc has a TINY wheelbase [small fuel tank?]
  • Sauber appear to have put a spike on their front wing to aid Kobayashi's kamikaze overtakes
  • FI have a sofa on their rear wing?
Obvs Hispania and Virgin not on there yet.
According to those pictures it's also a couple of inches taller than the McLaren (floor to camera).
The RBR is simply closer to the camera, or photographed with increased zoom, imo. The wheelbase difference would not be so much.
McLaren looks like a winner

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG