The online racing simulator
Although Kubica is synonymus with RAW pace, Heidfeld is synonymus with just getting almost any car into the points every week.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I find it ridiculous that Renault is considering Heidfeld. It's not that I don't think Heidfeld is a good enough driver, it's just Renault has so many test driver and they are not really using anyone of them.

Some of their reserves are paying for the privilege.These drivers are not hired to be direct replacements for #1 drivers if an injury is to occur. In such a situation, like now, teams will hunt for more experienced drivers.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I find it ridiculous that Renault is considering Heidfeld. It's not that I don't think Heidfeld is a good enough driver, it's just Renault has so many test driver and they are not really using anyone of them.

I don't. Oh wait, my post doesn't count, I am Quick-Nick Fan.

So what?

Fauzy? LOL! Tung? ROFL! Charouz? How often did he drive F1 car? Senna? Doesn't know what a good car is, and could he wring the car out to the last drop? I still remember his embarrassing exit at the Spanish GP...

Seriously:

If you want:

- Experiance
- Development on the car and set it up right
- Consistent performances not causing a high repair bill

Then call Heidfeld.

Everbody seems to look at him and think he's a nobody. I admit. He's not special.

But do you need to be special? He looks like like he could be your neighbout, that normal.

Do you need to have the Temper of an Alonso? The Aggresiveness of a Hamilton? The Baby-Face Hype of Vettel? The Legend Status of Schumacher?

I don't really. That's why I like him. He doesn't need to play the diva or something, he's just Nick. And he should stay Nick.
Nick's German

hes reliable (like german cars) and consistant... so answer is simple

yes.

well i think that
Ford threatened to sue Ferrari over the name of their car, the F150, so Ferrari have renamed it the F150th Italia.

Serves them right for f**kin over BATRacer
Quote from JPeace :Heidfeld and Kubica were both at Sauber BMW together as I recall? And in my eyes, Heidfeld was not good then, without having a chance of a win unless they went to the German GP.

WAT(For the record, they were at BMW-Sauber from 2006-2009)

I could swear on Hamilton for winning about 2 times when Heidfeld came second.

At rainy Silverstone for example, where Robert spun into the gravel trap...

Heidfeld got 2nd two times at Montréal, first behind Hamilton, then Kubica. And Kubica's win was only possible as Nick drove a fueled-up car and Robert only had to pit once more.

But we had that some years ago already...
Quote from JPeace :Heidfeld and Kubica were both at Sauber BMW together as I recall? And in my eyes, Heidfeld was not good then, without having a chance of a win unless they went to the German GP. I think that it would be wrong to use him, yes he has 11 years' experience, and can bring home points, but can he win a championship? No I don't think so, rather have a younger driver in and hope for the best in my opinion.

Do you really think Lotus-Renaut's in a position of hiring a potential championship winner anyway?

With Petrov being stuck in the second car, Lotus-Renault needs someone reliable and experienced to secure some points, and give constructive input in development(for this season and the next one alltogether, considering that Kubica isn't coming back any time soon).

(Lotus-)Renault can prepare themselves for a disastrous first season half if they pick any of their reserve driver, all of them are very experienced in feeder series, but all have very little, if not none, F1 experience and it would automatically be very costy in the first few races. And it's not even sure that the gamble would pay off. Let's not even mention Fauzy and Charouz, who probably won't ever be close of an F1 race seat ever(unless Proton whines for a Malaysian driver any time soon?), and both spent several years in midfield in feeder series. Tung has failed to score any point in GP2 last year, though having a considerable experience. Senna could be an option, but he's quite questionable after being outclassed by Chandock last year. In the end Grosjean might be the best of the reserves, though being also questionable for having failed to take his chance in end 2009.
Are there any slight chances that Kimi might be stepping in that Renault?
Low. In the last minute, he was able to get a deal with Citröen like Solberg, and now he should throw all that efforts away and make them angry?

No.
Petrov can improve his first season didn't go especially well, but considering his back ground (LADA ice racing) he's done extremely well for the little amount of single seater racing he's actually done, I think Petrov is an extremely raw talent.

On the other hand, Heidfeld from a buisness point of view, makes absolute sense, also I'm sure Kubica would be happy knowing an old team mate was driving his car.

With the 3rd drivers they have, it does seem a bit odd that they would consider Heidfeld anyway, it's almost like they didn't really wanna use their 3rd drivers for anything else other than tests anyway, but when you think about it, Senna doesn't know what a decent car feels like yet, Fauzy is just a LOL, and Tung is a big LOL too, but Charouz, other than Senna, I would say should have an opportunity for this.

You can't really argue with Renault though, Heidfeld is a decent driver, in his last races for Sauber he scored as many points as De La Rosa in 5 races and nobody complained that he got a seat did they?
Hard to discuss whos best for which seat. Heidfield? Senna? Kubica? etc..?

At the end of the day, afew years back when Webber was in Williams/Jaguar, people didnt take note of him. When Massa was in Sauber, same goes. In the right car (yes ok, both missed championships), look where they progressed! People saying Heidfield is average etc, Put him in a RB or Ferrari and then lets see. Same goes with Senna, he had a shocking car, however, if he landed the seat with brawn (as we remember how quick the brawns were) everyone would have been saying ZOMG! SENNA!!!!!! because he would have perhaps won the WDC off his first year, if not, did what rubans did.
To be fair to Senna whenever the HRT finished a race he usually beat his team mate, and got into some good positions.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :To be fair to Senna whenever the HRT finished a race he usually beat his team mate, and got into some good positions.

You a point there, I really hope he gets that Renault seat
Quote from aroX123 :You a point there, I really hope he gets that Renault seat

I hope he does too, I don't care that Renault may lose out on some points that Nick could get, but Senna deserves it.
Quote from BlueFlame :I hope he does too, I don't care that Renault may lose out on some points that Nick could get, but Senna deserves it.

It's not the role he was brought in to do though, if it was a couple of races he would definately get the drive, but we are talking about potentially going a whole season without Kubica, they need someone with more experience to help Petrov.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's not the role he was brought in to do though, if it was a couple of races he would definately get the drive, but we are talking about potentially going a whole season without Kubica, they need someone with more experience to help Petrov.

I don't think Petrov needs and 'help' all an experienced driver will do is show how close to the pace Petrov is. We know Petrov is a definate points finnish kind of guy, maybe podiums in the future, who knows.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1- ... dfeld-and-senna-in-jerez/

Well it still doesn't answer the question everyone is asking lol it makes it worse!
Quote from BlueFlame :I hope he does too, I don't care that Renault may lose out on some points that Nick could get, but Senna deserves it.

Hmm... hmmm... hmmmmmmmmmmm....

*Not quite convinced*

His bitching last year at HRT didn't make him fans... Well, we can understand he was disappointed about the car, but Chandhok didn't need to run around and telling everyone how fugly his car is.

There are things you keep to yourself or in the team. Well, I can remember Jos The Boss, who would get a piece of telemetry from the Tyrrell garage to show that he's right, even if that's top secret for Ken But Jos was a special.

Well Bruno, beat Nick at the Pre-Season Test in Jerez, and you get your chance.
Looking at the car i have a feeling Mclaren have the same problem they had last year, the car is too rigid, everythings thick and strong unlike the redbull which seems to flex.
Quote from amp88 :On what evidence, exactly?

My gut. I'll say it again, basically Petrov raced LADAS, then he practically jumped straight to GP2 for a few seasons and now he is here. He is DAMN good.

His GP2 results effectively say that Grosjean is better than him.

Statistics really don't prove anything, have you even watched F1 in 2010? Petrov was good, at least when he made a rookie mistake he just took himself out and not everyone else.
Quote from BlueFlame :
Statistics really don't prove anything, have you even watched F1 in 2010? Petrov was good, at least when he made a rookie mistake he just took himself out and not everyone else.

One word:

KOBAYASHI

EDIT: If we look at GP2 and F1.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :One word:

KOBAYASHI

EDIT: If we look at GP2 and F1.

Exactly.

Also, thinking about it, there are two 11places he got, and the 9th place in Belgium, which was the race weekend where he wrecked in Q1. But those aren't told in statistics.

Looking only at statistics, we see Petrov in 13th place of his first season, better placed than ANY of the other rookies (excluding Kobayashi), even better than the two toro rosso drivers who aren't rookies. The stats don't say the Toro Rosso is shit, so we ignore that fact do we?

Talking of Toro Rosso, I think Buemi is good, I don't think Alguersuari is cutting it, don't understand why Toro Rosso exists really, to be honest they are just two vacant F1 seats that take points from the others ever now and again.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't think Petrov needs and 'help' all an experienced driver will do is show how close to the pace Petrov is. We know Petrov is a definate points finnish kind of guy, maybe podiums in the future, who knows.

Petrov will need help in the setting up and development of the car. I have no doubt he can perform well this season, but he has never setup an F1 car without input from a more experienced team mate, let alone led development on his own. It could work, he might do well in that situation, but it's safer to go with Nick, as he is Mr Consistency and he can lead the car setup and development until Kubica returns.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Petrov will need help in the setting up and development of the car. I have no doubt he can perform well this season, but he has never setup an F1 car without input from a more experienced team mate, let alone led development on his own. It could work, he might do well in that situation, but it's safer to go with Nick, as he is Mr Consistency and he can lead the car setup and development until Kubica returns.

Well putting it like that, I understand where you're coming from, and I agree but on the other hand, the Renault this year looks alot similar the Renault of last year, I'm sure the telemetry will be comparable.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG