The online racing simulator
Quote from Nobo :Just read about Kubica, hope he gets well again

Yh, doesn't sound good at all for him for the rest of 2011. Looks like Bruno Senna will get his chance.
Wow, I think Renault's shot at the title just disappeared
Im guessing this will mean F1 teams will ban drivers from doing such events from now on.
I hope he recovers though he surely will be missed in 2011.
Apprently he has a broken leg and hand.

Renault will probably try give a massive bid for Raikkonen or snatch a driver from another team now as having Petrov and Senna/Grosjean would be a disaster for a possible title competitor.
Quote from JPeace :I do beleive it was a promotional peice on behalf of Renault to the sponsors.

Thats why he was driving a skoda.
For fun i guess, i knew sooner or later something like this would result from it though, just not this badly.

Rally is easily the most dangerous of car based motorsports and imo he shouldn't of been allowed to race in the first place.
Quote from JPeace :Fair enough, but why risk it in rally? Rally and formula one have completely different handling capabilities.

For fun, indeed. His contract with Renault specifically states that he's allowed to take part in some rally events.
Omg, this Kubica accident is so sad, I had huge hopes for him in 2011, he was really one of my favorites
Quote from Intrepid :Yh, doesn't sound good at all for him for the rest of 2011. Looks like Bruno Senna will get his chance.

why Senna, not Grosjean? more F1 experience I guess, but you can't really count HRT as F1...

best wishes to Kubica
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :why Senna, not Grosjean? more F1 experience I guess, but you can't really count HRT as F1...

best wishes to Kubica

Gorsjean didn't do much when he got Piquet's seat in 2009...but on the other side of the story, the R29 was a dog
Senna might be the best choice, given the circumstances, but I still think he is very much overrated.
Kubica has always been one of my favourite drivers, this is awful for him. It's good news there'll be no amputation, but doctors are specifically working on keeping functionality in his hand - let's hope it will turn out okay. The leg break is also very nasty. He won't be racing for a while.

But thank god it wasn't worse than it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/e ... 8/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Quote from JPeace :He crashed into Button at Spa, thats something

I wonder if there's any other place left that Grosjean didn't crash at...Senna is the choice because he is more likely to keep it in the track, all he needs now is testing time!
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :why Senna, not Grosjean? more F1 experience I guess, but you can't really count HRT as F1...

Senna is the 1st reserve. However maybe Renault might employ someone like Heidfeld as a safer bet.

Doesn't matter know tho. let's hope Kubica is ok.
Quote from Mustafur :Thats why he was driving a skoda.

Doesn't have to be a Renault to be a sponser pleasing event, the team is sponsored by Lada for christ sake. Plus, it's not Renault that own the team anymore it's that GENII or whatever. So they won't care if he's not driving a Renault. Plus, what Renault S2000 rally cars are there race prepped? You didn't think it through did ya?
Quote from Intrepid :However maybe Renault might employ someone like Heidfeld as a safer bet.

They have like 37 reserve drivers I would hope that at least one of them was capable of driving an F1 car decently.

I say give Senna his fair shake, but if he's sucking it up, don't waste too much time on him. Who knows, you might find a little Ayrton in him yet.

ok, 5
I doubt even Ayrton could of done anything with that dog of a HRT
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Who knows, you might find a little Ayrton in him yet.

Well Ayrton seemed to think he was fast, it's a shame that he stopped racing, understandable but I think he could have been a really big talent. This sucks so much though, Kubica is my second favourite driver (Kobayashi is my favourite) hope he gets well soon.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well Ayrton seemed to think he was fast, it's a shame that he stopped racing, understandable but I think he could have been a really big talent. This sucks so much though, Kubica is my second favourite driver (Kobayashi is my favourite) hope he gets well soon.

If you are talking about Bruno, he didn't stop racing, THEY made him stop.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you are talking about Bruno, he didn't stop racing, THEY made him stop.

For a good reason.
Quote from ATHome :For a good reason.

Well for whatever reason, either way, he didn't CHOOSE to stop racing, so I don't know why QS worded it like that.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG