The online racing simulator

Crossing the Bosphorus on the vapur (ferry) to Besiktas, Istanbul
#52 - Jakg
Quote from Boris Lozac :You could've put some music on top of that but cool nonetheless..

here comes the rant...

I always listen to music in the car. It sounds retarded, as the mic on my camera isn't very good, but at 5x speed it sounds awful. Plus, over a certain level of bass, it goes from a quiet rumbling, to very *very* loud white noise.

I would love to dub something smoothing over the top (ala this), but one of my pet hates is "unrelated" music on YouTube - if it's not directly related to the video i'd rather just listen to my own music.

HOWEVER, I think I might just give it a try anyway...
Quote from Jakg :A little experiment...

Of my daily drive to Uni.

(5x speed, no audio)

looks quite good, is it MD80 headcam? I'm wondering should I buy this cheap one or to save for GoPro?
#56 - Jakg
Quote from AndRand :looks quite good, is it MD80 headcam? I'm wondering should I buy this cheap one or to save for GoPro?

Its not the MD80. It's called the "DVR016".

This is mine:

EDIT - Quality is ok. Mic is crap. Seems not to record everything (the camera is designed to run whenever the car is in motion, and is my own insurance in case I get some sort of false claim) which is *very* annoying.

For example, recorded my drive from work, to my GF's house, to home, then to a destination 50 miles away. NONE of the return to my house, but then from my house, to my GF's and then home... the only bit I wanted was the missing bit!

It also gets a bit hot.

HOWEVER, it was £16, and will switch on / off automatically, and cycle record. So for me, t's worth it.
Quote from JohnUK89 :I'll head out tomorrow and photo my walk to Uni (well, part of it) since I'll be in the area anyway (lovely sarnie shop on the way in to Uni, I wanna go there tomorrow)

Do you look like the G Man in real life as well?
Quote from Jakg :Seems not to record everything (the camera is designed to run whenever the car is in motion

Can you set it to "Oi! You stupid prat, just record everything when I turn you on"?
I have a pair of these to record my automotive hoonery, if anyone's interested in my s**** drive to work (15mins across town, joy). My drive to uni was half hour of twisties, which I miss greatly
Quote from Jakg :Its not the MD80. It's called the "DVR016".

This is mine:

EDIT - Quality is ok. Mic is crap. Seems not to record everything (the camera is designed to run whenever the car is in motion, and is my own insurance in case I get some sort of false claim) which is *very* annoying.

For example, recorded my drive from work, to my GF's house, to home, then to a destination 50 miles away. NONE of the return to my house, but then from my house, to my GF's and then home... the only bit I wanted was the missing bit!

It also gets a bit hot.

HOWEVER, it was £16, and will switch on / off automatically, and cycle record. So for me, t's worth it.

Can you tell me the camera's diameter? I wanna know if I can fit this to a 20mm mount for my gun(s) - like a flashlight....
#62 - Jakg
Quote from Stigpt :Can you tell me the camera's diameter? I wanna know if I can fit this to a 20mm mount for my gun(s) - like a flashlight....

26mm in the middle, larger at the end.

EDIT - You can get 20mm cameras for the same price, though... I got a camera (bare camera, just a 12v in and composite out) for £18, which is now fitted as my reversing camera.
#64 - Jakg
Quote from Mattesa :

That's light traffic. During rush hour all 20 lanes of this stretch of the 401 is in complete grid lock. Lots of Ontarians here, you guys know what I'm talking about. Fun stuff.

Man, my car could very well be in there as I take this section (I go on 401 from Allen Road to 404 and back)...
#66 - Woz
Quote from Jakg :A little experiment...

Of my daily drive to Uni.

(5x speed, no audio)

I had not watched this before, good vid

That is a serious drive you do.

I do a fair distance, 50km each way but only 39 corners in that 50km and hard are hard to call a corner. Also the corners count is greater than the other cars count.

My laptop battery is fooked as cant do the same for my trip.
It needs 'Yakkety Sax'
NECROPOST!

Testing out a camera and ways to mount it. I only did around half of my drive to work, but it gives you an idea of what my commute looks like. If you watch it enough to see me jump out, there was someone's exhaust tip on the road (I had to go wide to miss it going up the hill) which couldn't be left there, which is why I actually turned around. I was going to drive into town.

I have slightly doctored the footage to make it fit inside a 15min window and disabled audio because everything was drowned out by vibrations between the mic and the sun visor (need to work on that).

Linky.
What camera is that m8 ?
I strapped my old Xda IIi (in a leather case) to the sun visor using a canvas belt. Not the best way of doing things, but it is a system I've used many times in the past.

I did have a windscreen mounted universal phone cradle which worked well, but it went walk about a few months ago. The advantage to that is any phone with a camera will do the job.
Seen a few cameras on Ebay with SD card slot, which overwrite after 24hrs, and sound is good
I believe Jakg uses something like that and it seems to work quite well.

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG