The online racing simulator
LFS is going to get me killed
(51 posts, started )
I've just realised. If you bough one of them head mover things and your mate comes through the door, you'd look and then you'd crash because the screen went sideways .
#27 - Vain
When you look to the side to look at your mate you crash anyway - wether the viewangle of the LFS cam changes or not, you aren't looking at the screen anyway.

Vain
Ah but if you have eyes coming out of your ear it works.
Yeah, that hitting of the "T-button" is really annoying. Every single game I try, I imediately hit that T and nothing happens. It always takes some time to realize its not LFS what I am playing.

But something different was bugging me. At the beginning of driving LFS you kind of always watched for that red light to appear telling you to shift into next gear. Well guess what. In RL it doesn't happen that way so my engine always got some additional revs before I was so kind to shift into next gear. illepall It took quite a while to get "unused" to that sort of manipulation by LFS.
I do the 'T' thing alot too. I also get really angry, in real life, with people who don't understand the physics of their *and my* car.

After I pass them, I flash them a smiley, then wait at the light and say 'good race'
For those not willing to pay for TrackIR, but would like to try it, you can achieve (spelling) the same effect with an ordinary cheap web cam and the software "Cam2Pan". Not as smooth, but you get the general idea, and if you got a webcam you can lock at 30 FPS no matter what, it's sufficient.
tIdon't have any problems with the T key....
Well i play 2 online games lots, LFS and OFP. So on msn my replies usually look like this '/tyeh so what you doing today?'
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from drinklime :I have a DFP pro so I use the D-pad on the wheel to look left and right.

Well I was just driving to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and stopped at a red light. There was a car to my left, AND I HIT MY STEERING WHEEL WHERE THE LOOK LEFT BUTTON WOULD BE. Yikes.

sorry but im going to have to call you a nerd now lol
Quote from thisnameistaken :Heh, first time I've heard "computer" used as a verb. I think I like it!

HAHA. I messed up.

btw this morning I was logging into my account of Windows and I pressed space to try and skip the logging in stuff.
after taking a nice set of bends or a roundabout at decent pace i'll often check my split times in the top-right of my windscreen, all that tells me iswhen my MOT runs out.

I do get problems with my real car feeling really odd, especially the pedals, after a long LFS session. and i've found my steering to actually be heavier in LFS, even though it's only set at about 40% (DFP).

And i just cant get used to driving with my shoes on!

BTW I computer all the time!
Quote from X-Ter :For those not willing to pay for TrackIR, but would like to try it, you can achieve (spelling) the same effect with an ordinary cheap web cam and the software "Cam2Pan". Not as smooth, but you get the general idea, and if you got a webcam you can lock at 30 FPS no matter what, it's sufficient.

Sounds like some nice software. Too bad their website is down

[edit: never mind, found it elsewere.]
Cam2pan is not free. It has a 30 day trial or something, but it is a cheap alternative. One I've played around with, but haven't gotten anywhere with yet is freelook.exe. There is another free one I have downloaded but haven't tried yet. Can't remember the name though. freelook.exe, I haven't played with enough yet, but if someone wanted to check it out..... I do think I learned of it from this community back when LFS was on RSC.
I use T in AA sometimes... good thing it means the same thing
I got used to it now, a bit, but if I play a long time of LFS, straight on... And then come on msn... I press T too... It's perfectly normal
Quote from mrodgers :Cam2pan is not free. It has a 30 day trial or something, but it is a cheap alternative. One I've played around with, but haven't gotten anywhere with yet is freelook.exe. There is another free one I have downloaded but haven't tried yet. Can't remember the name though. freelook.exe, I haven't played with enough yet, but if someone wanted to check it out..... I do think I learned of it from this community back when LFS was on RSC.

Yeah, I discovered that when I found a working website.
Freelook I also have, but due to the fact it just gave me a GSoD (My graphics card renders Blue Screens of Death in green O_o) I'll see about spashing out the $10 for Cam2Pan.
#41 - Jakg
Quote from X-Ter :For those not willing to pay for TrackIR, but would like to try it, you can achieve (spelling) the same effect with an ordinary cheap web cam and the software "Cam2Pan". Not as smooth, but you get the general idea, and if you got a webcam you can lock at 30 FPS no matter what, it's sufficient.

anyone got any hints on getting this working? i have it working, but not sure how to do it in LFS!
you have to go into options - view, and somewhere it says axis like mouse .. i cant remember what, but you have to change the view axis and then cam2pan or trackir or any of that stuff will work
I keep trying to use the paddle shifters in our Mercedes C230 which has no paddle shifters. It's an automatic!!!
Fortunately there is a brake pedal in the typical location.
You think thats sad, once many moons ago I said "lol" instead of laughing! I stopped myself after the o and just looked away from the person I was talking to!
Quote from rabidmaddog :I keep trying to use the paddle shifters in our Mercedes C230 which has no paddle shifters. It's an automatic!!!
Fortunately there is a brake pedal in the typical location.

The C55's have paddle shifters, its an automatic.
But.. thats not your car
Quote from _rod_ :LFS may be hazardous to your life

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=agreement

End-user license agreement

1.3 We can not accept any responsibility for any damage Live for Speed S2 or any future release may cause to your property or personal health.

Well LFS permanantely have damaged our brains. Scavier i'm sueing you.
I did nothing but play socom us navy seals for like a year straight a few years back, and everytime before i started talking to someone id reach for where the circle button would be on the playstation controller (which is what you pushed to que the mic online). I also reach for the up button on my steering wheel when i look behind me. Its creepy.
#49 - Smax
It's all just learned behaviour Pavlov's dogs style, I have a problem with expecting the predictive text spelling to kick in when I'm typing on the computer, infact sometimes I stop halfway through a word proper confused when it doesn't.

Asimov : I Robot. Nuttyboy : I computer.
I got worried when I started reading page 2 of this thread.

I was waiting for someone to say something like:
"Oh yeah, I use Track IR with FF and broke my neck"

LFS is going to get me killed
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG