The online racing simulator
LFS is going to get me killed
(51 posts, started )
I have a DFP pro so I use the D-pad on the wheel to look left and right.

Well I was just driving to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and stopped at a red light. There was a car to my left, AND I HIT MY STEERING WHEEL WHERE THE LOOK LEFT BUTTON WOULD BE. Yikes.
#2 - _rod_
Lmao!!! this has been said before, but here comes again.. LFS may be hazardous to your life
Quote from drinklime :I have a DFP pro so I use the D-pad on the wheel to look left and right.

Well I was just driving to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and stopped at a red light. There was a car to my left, AND I HIT MY STEERING WHEEL WHERE THE LOOK LEFT BUTTON WOULD BE. Yikes.

Hahaha!
I had something similar a couple of months back, only it was the other way round (and not hazardous for life); I heard my housemate came into my room (behind me), and I checked the rear mirror of my FXO GTR to see where he was... illepall
#4 - Vain
Yet another reason to buy a head-mounted-display or Track IR .

Vain
Ive noticed that flatshifting is a bad habid, It makes all the other people on the road look funny at you
Quote from Vain :Yet another reason to buy a ...... ..... Track IR .

Vain

Yeah but then you would turn your head left and look right.
Quote from Vain :Yet another reason to buy a head-mounted-display or Track IR .

Vain

I have Track IR but I dont use it
There was a month, not long ago, where on msn before everything I said I put T.
It was really irritating for me and the person on the other side.
LFS - it kinda does take over don't it?
Quote from nutty boy :There was a month, not long ago, where on msn before everything I said I put T.
It was really irritating for me and the person on the other side.

Everybody, who doesnt do that, is clearly not often enough on LFS:
OHHHH im doing that on xfire LOL
#12 - Jakg
i do the t thing on msn and the look buttons on karting a LOT, altho people have commented on it, "its just my way of relaxing..."
Quote from traxxion :I have Track IR but I dont use it

You should, it works very well with LFS.
Oh thank god i'm not the only one who does T. I thought I was the only one
Quote from BuddhaBing :You should, it works very well with LFS.

I know, but it takes time to get used to it and I'm not that patient
OK don't like to change topics but what is Track IR.
Pretty cool but if you wanted to look behind you you wouldn't be able to see on the screen.
Yes, that's the problem. Ideally, you'd need to have display element(s) right in front of your eyes covering your whole field of view for that thing to work more naturally.
Great time for my fantasy. I computer with tons of screens round my in a circle lol.
No, it's not a problem. TrackIR doesn't use a 1:1 mapping between the amount you turn your head and the amount the in-game view rotates. It scales responses so that, for example, if you turn your head 30 degrees to the left, the view rotates 90 degrees or 120 degrees or however many degrees you choose. This allows you to look backwards while still looking at the screen. It takes a few minutes to get used to but feels very natural once you adapt.
Quote from BuddhaBing :No, it's not a problem. TrackIR doesn't use a 1:1 mapping between the amount you turn your head and the amount the in-game view rotates. It scales responses so that, for example, if you turn your head 30 degrees to the left, the view rotates 90 degrees or 120 degrees or however many degrees you choose. This allows you to look backwards while still looking at the screen. It takes a few minutes to get used to but feels very natural once you adapt.

Which would be great, but I have a habbit of turning my head around, but keeping my eyes on the screen (stops my neck going stiff), so that'd suck for me. Though I'm still tempted to buy one because using buttons to look is so hard to get used to.
hehehe I have a DFP too, and dammit I keep trying to change gears in the Ford Focus using the little paddle-buttons behind the wheel but they are not there!
And i'm not tempted to buy one because it costs money.
I'd buy one if it didn't cost money.
#25 - Vain
I fear the day when I go through corners with 15% gas because I want to keep the diff loaded...
I don't drive anymore since I moved for studies because here I can reach everything by foot. Hopefully LFS will have preloaded diffs soon to save my life!!

Vain

(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG