Qualifying Session 1: 9 January 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Qualifying Session 2: 14 January 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Race Session: 15 January 2011 18:00 UTC

Official Circuit Diagram attached.
Attached images
AS6R.png
theres 2 times a turn 12 and turn 15 is missing then
Quote from reason0809 :theres 2 times a turn 12 and turn 15 is missing then

Fixed, it was because I was going to eliminate the what is now Turn 4 but then decided against it and reverted back :|
Oh god, I hate that chicane...

Or it's me that's running out of sync...

EDIT: If changed chicane or not, I seem to not like it. Or the chicane doesn't like me!xD
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Oh god, I hate that chicane...

Or it's me that's running out of sync...

EDIT: If changed chicane or not, I seem to not like it. Or the chicane doesn't like me!xD

well you still pwned on AS4r, so why not there too?
you just have to love it so you can do it without mistakes
#6 - Tur8o
Just a question to confirm. The layout on the NDR server will be the one used in a couple of weeks time? And it's okay to put it on our server to practice with?

Many thanks
#7 - Tur8o
I mean with pit lines and safety car lines
#8 - Tur8o
Yes will ask him online if he doesn't see this first vi only ask as at fe one of the drivers hadn't been on NDR and thought the first line was pit exit and got dt so don't want to make same mistake
god damnit, this will be hard
24 hour race this weekend on AS4R, and i havent practiced neither for this event nor for the GTAL... i definately need a 48 hour day 7 times a week
Quote from reason0809 :god damnit, this will be hard
24 hour race this weekend on AS4R, and i havent practiced neither for this event nor for the GTAL... i definately need a 48 hour day 7 times a week

luckily AS4r is very similar to as6r
RAWWRRRR deleted binds now so it won't happen again, times were shite anyway.

At least I made binds to F9 and etc. now.

But I still dislike that chicane, regardless which version. Nearly flipped myself. Maybe I am still too fast, but others seem to fly through there...
It depends on setup & driver if you can jump through T1, it's though and with wrong set nearly impossible, my problem is I lock the tires on brakes sometimes :/ shitte keyboard, I wan't ABS
Still was able to do 2 nice laps in qualification, my first in GTAL and hopefully the last I would have to drive 30min race pace and than start the qualification so the tires are in better shape and I know the track better.
This jump in and push hard ain't for me as the tires goes to hell.
Quote from JPeace :Im afraid that is the beauty of endurance racing, driving as fast as possible lap after lap without damaging/over heating tyres and/or flipping the car. Need to find the limit, and drive within it.

True dat!
Do you take the poles with you every lap? Because I seem to stay too far from them

And don't get me wrong, I love Endurance races too, I've watched the 24hrs of the Nordschleife every year since at least 2000, and been to Le Mans since about 2006
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Do you take the poles with you every lap? Because I seem to stay too far from them

I personally don't, specially not in the race because you'll wreck your suspension eventually. I stay clear of them, I think in the race there will be sanctions maybe for when you hit a pole 3 laps in a row or something because it's just clear cutting imo.

Low 41 is easilly possible without going for the poles and you can exit very well without hitting them or getting even close to them. I try to stay as much with 2 wheels on the tarmac as possible there. Try to aim around 155kph at the exit.
Quote from Drifters Only :I personally don't, specially not in the race because you'll wreck your suspension eventually. I stay clear of them, I think in the race there will be sanctions maybe for when you hit a pole 3 laps in a row or something because it's just clear cutting imo.

Low 41 is easilly possible without going for the poles and you can exit very well without hitting them or getting even close to them. I try to stay as much with 2 wheels on the tarmac as possible there. Try to aim around 155kph at the exit.

*Enters chicane*

Car bounces for-and backwards. Kerb 1, car bounces up on the left, two-wheel action starts. Left side hits the tarmac again, onto kerb 2. Hits kerb 2, car gets unstable and starts to jump a little, while either going for over-or understeer.

Exit speed: Never higher than 140 kph so far

I often go for the grass on the outside...
Quote from Drifters Only :I personally don't, specially not in the race because you'll wreck your suspension eventually. I stay clear of them, I think in the race there will be sanctions maybe for when you hit a pole 3 laps in a row or something because it's just clear cutting imo.

Personally I aim for around 160-165kph on exit
Personally I aim for 180kph on exit
Ah, and then? Visit to Barrierville?xD
Quote from kart-36 :Personally I aim for around 160-165kph on exit

Same for me, but I'm just giving a lil bit of advise.

I started of doing crappy in T1 aswell, but Holmes helped me allot. I must admit, it feels very unnatural to jump over the cirbs like that but it really is the fastest way. The car feels very unbalanced but it grips after the 3rd apex, you must find your way trough the bumps there. You either nail it or you get it all wrong. Try going for safety instead of speed right away, maybe slowing a bit more down but exiting faster is the trick for you. Try hitting the 2nd apex at around 160kph and hit the 3rd one with 150 and than put the pedal down. Try to get a feeling for the car and how it handles the bumps.

But yea, one aims for the fastest speed out of the chicane and the other one aims for not crashing. After 200 laps or so I finally got it right, it really takes allot of practice.

Btw Seb doesn't feel the bumps because he is Jabba.
Two things:

1) Testrace:

Server: NDR.GTAL 2011
Date: January 13, 2011
Time: 19:00 UTC

19:00 UTC - 10 minute Qualifying
19:15 UTC - 1 hour race.

As per usual for it ofc. This time, to test hot-track rescue car operations, I may attend with a couple RescueWagons to trial a rescue car driving to a stranded car on a hot track (ie local yellows only, not SC).

2) WIND WARNING

BOTH BBC and Weather Underground seem to favour high wind conditions in Birmingham (eg 20-25 mph) on Saturday. Sadly, the rules prohibit high wind. But, I'll probably put wind on for the test race and I'd suggest you do some practice with wind on anyway. We're tempted to /restart on offical race day until we get to the high end of the low range, but until then, keep the wind bit in mind.
I'll attend test race, did stint today no wind probably on server now, tires all over 90% wear at the end, will see how they hold up in race with wind.
Sadly there can't be high wind, I love wind
i already hate everything about this round 4

stupid slow track for fxr, being 4 seconds slower than usual when pushing the car to its limit and further, peace of shit turn 1, ****ing slow sector 2, disgusting slow part in beginning of sector 3, crappy going wide into grass at turn 19

dear aston, lick my arse

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Round 4: Race Discussion
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG