The online racing simulator
Better names for Microsoft's new Vista OS!!!
(49 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Can any of the Windows-lovers here tell me why - with every version of Windows I've ever run - the computer's performance gradually degrades over time and nothing short of an OS reinstallation will get that lost performance back?

I've always assumed, in my ignorance, that it's because it's a shit operating system, but I'm guessing one of you guys can tell me it's something else?

There are 2 simple steps to ensure your windows installation is always snappy & clean

1 - Never install any programs, they just clog up the registry and slow down startup.

2 - Never go on the internet or network, this means you don't have to constantly download patches which slow up your machine ( extra code ) and you don't get virus's, trojans, spyware etc etc etc etc .............

By following these 2 simple steps you can always keep your windows box operating at peak efficency.
We have seen windows CE, windows ME, and windows NT and variations of those for some time. Why not combine the strength from those OS's like this? Windows CE+ME+NT= Windows CEMENT
Quote from X-Ter :Windows CEMENT

Would be a rock solid OS...
Windows Macho
Visva, but only the finns will get this
Windows Fiesta

For those who don't have images enabled: VISTA: Viruses, Intruders, Spyware, Trojans and Adware
Windows Still DOS, how about this!

Something I wrote to RSC:
Quote :Windows OS is a crap actually! It has lots of bugs. But most important it's a poor-copy of MacOS and non of us really know what is it doing with our informations(passwords,credit card numbers etc.). I'm not personally proud and happy to use it. If you ask yourself "Why do we use Windows OS", there's a quick answer: "Because everbody does".This means we hit rock bottom long years ago. Every PC user has been under danger for years and still going.. but the Apple and Linux users.You might say "I've been using Windows OS for years and no one stolen my money yet". It's ok but think about a guy comes into your bedroom checking everything there (when you're in the room) but actually he's gonna do anything with bad.Don't you still care or haven't you disturbed?

I won't waste a moment when racing sims come to Mac and Linux.But till than, we still HAVE TO use the junkyard called Windows

Quicky an adding: I hate Windows, I hate to use Windows, I hate to have no other choise but using Windows..
If Apple only would pull their heads out of their asses and start encouraging people and companies to develope various software for their platform instead of suing them.

But in the end, Fista will be a monstrous gore-fest of pure suckage so maybe Apple-folk and Linux-geeks do not need to do anything to win more market share.
Quote from spankmeyer :If Apple only would pull their heads out of their asses and start encouraging people and companies to develope various software for their platform instead of suing them.

But in the end, Fista will be a monstrous gore-fest of pure suckage so maybe Apple-folk and Linux-geeks do not need to do anything to win more market share.

A lot of people still wouldn't use Mac's due to the stupid price tag. If Mac allowed anyone to buy the x86 OS and run it on ANY x86 system, a lot of people would change. But that'd mean they'd need to do what MS do, and make the OS work for hords and hords of different types of hardware, which is what keeps MacOS so lean. *nix is the same, if you compile your own kernal then it's fine. Generic however has problems, in speed tests Linux 2.6.x was slower then XP at webserver based tasks. But 2.6 is bloatware anyway, anyone with brains still uses 2.4.

Making an OS work for millions of different combos of hardware is a hardtask. You can either do the Windows approach, and fill the OS with drivers you don't need, go Mac, and force people to use hardware you say, or *nix, and force people to build the drivers they need into the kernal.

Though there is always stripped down versions of Windows, one I have on CD around here somewhere only takes up ~500MB installed, and uses ~40MB page at peak as it has EVERYTHING you don't need stripped out (even has some of the bloat code removed). Takes a bit longer to setup as you need to have all your drivers at hand before you install it. But if you like lean and clean, it's worth it.
Me and my dad have been using Windows for...well...a year of 10 already? And we NEVER had a single problem with it.

@RaceDoctor: You talk alot of shit in that post,you know?

If you dont like it,fine,use another. You dont like it,but still use it
I miss my workbench 3.0
Vista is the right name:

Virtually
Instant
Slowing (of your)
Technology
Available
Visva is the tasty pus that drips from infected wounds.

And stop bothering Finnish IM/cam whores with such questions!
Quote from X-Ter :We have seen windows CE, windows ME, and windows NT and variations of those for some time. Why not combine the strength from those OS's like this? Windows CE+ME+NT= Windows CEMENT

LOL. That's brilliant!
Quote from Sternendaal :Me and my dad have been using Windows for...well...a year of 10 already? And we NEVER had a single problem with it.

@RaceDoctor: You talk alot of shit in that post,you know?

If you dont like it,fine,use another. You dont like it,but still use it

Find me an alternative which will run Cakewalk Sonar and all of my VST and DX instruments and plugins and I will happily use it. To what exactly are you referring when you say "use another"? For many of us, there are no other options
if windows is the solution, please give me back the problem!!
windows LFS

great OS!!!!
Quote from Racer X NZ :There are 2 simple steps to ensure your windows installation is always snappy & clean

1 - Never install any programs, they just clog up the registry and slow down startup.

2 - Never go on the internet or network, this means you don't have to constantly download patches which slow up your machine ( extra code ) and you don't get virus's, trojans, spyware etc etc etc etc .............

By following these 2 simple steps you can always keep your windows box operating at peak efficency.

Maintaining a fresh installation with no installed programs and no internet connection is certainly effective, but what exactly does one do on that PC?!?!? Paint and Notepad? I guess there is Mine Sweeper, Pinball, and some card games, but I think I would get bored rather quickly with those. LOL.
#46 - Jakg
Quote from rabidmaddog :Maintaining a fresh installation with no installed programs and no internet connection is certainly effective, but what exactly does one do on that PC?!?!? Paint and Notepad? I guess there is Mine Sweeper, Pinball, and some card games, but I think I would get bored rather quickly with those. LOL.

I think it was a joke...
Quote from Jakg :I think it was a joke...

I know. I was just playing along
Without any additional apps or the internet, what good is Windows? LOL
How about windows XP version 1.1?
Quote from wheel4hummer :How about windows XP version 1.1?

MCE

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG