The online racing simulator
V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
First, the race requires each team to field an international driver. Second, the V8s have a good reputation among former Champ Car drivers and touring car drivers, who have no doubt spread the word.
#52 - JCTK
have they changed the minimum number of laps (the % of total race laps) for each driver too~?

If I'm the normal driver and I'm fighting for the Championship, I wouldn't want to give the international driver more laps in the race than the required minimum.
Quote from Kid222 :So i just watched V8 Xtra from saturday and they showed this: http://kidcz.ic.cz/V8surfers.jpg :eye-poppi

It's a lineup for Surfers Paradise event and i guess this will be the biggest event in terms of attending drivers from around the world in V8 history. Can't wait to see them battle these cars.

:eye-poppi
When is the race?
Quote from Zdenek CZE ::eye-poppi
When is the race?

22-24 october. Still plenty of time, but it's killing me already.

Maybe chance for Duck or Arrow there too? They're not international though.
Quote from Kid222 :22-24 october. Still plenty of time, but it's killing me already.

Maybe chance for Duck or Arrow there too? They're not international though.

I reckon they have a legitimate chance of a support race.
I doubt it. The Commodre Cup series will be racing at Sandown that weekend.
Quote from Kid222 :22-24 october. Still plenty of time, but it's killing me already.

OK, thank you.
Yep, they where some "ripper" races.

Spoiler - click to reveal really well done to Priaulx and a shame Shane didn't get his first win. I think Jamie should have conceded, he had him fair at the last lap
Quote from DratsaB :
Spoiler - click to reveal...

Spoiler:

Not really...the only reason van Gisbergen had the opportunity was because he gave Whincup a bump. The driving standards say you're not allowed to gain an advantage by nose-to-tail contact, so van Gisbergen didn't deserve the win from THAT move. I think he should have won the race, but he just couldn't get the last bit of speed he needed to pass Whincup legally/properly/rightfully. In the future though...
unlikely as V8SC will never go to a DTM style chassis, plus it would ruin the series.
The officials do a VERY good job of that already
Just bumping this post up becuase may I say that V8SC has a new convert.

I'm loving this years racing.

Close, big machines, true up close racing. And some edge of seat stuff, especially at the Gold Coast. A breath of fresh air compared to F1. There has been some great coverage on Youtube so I've managed to get nearly all the races. If not actually as they happen.

This is how racing should be, a good mix of heavy power, strategy and racecraft. A great series and I shall be keeping a very close eye on it. If only it had more european coverage.
I have to say that the TV coverage of the V8s on Channel 7 is incredible. Definitely the best racing coverage I've ever watched. Enlightened and light-hearted (yet still informed) commentary, fantastic camera work, good music, great production quality... It's simply fantastic.

The racing itself is great, too, and those drivers are incredibly talented. I love the lack of aids in the cars and the retention of at least a gear stick (if not a proper manual ). It really reinforces the driver talent by not dumbing down the skills with computer aids.

@Funnybear - see if you can find the 2009 Sydney rounds. They were fantastically exciting, I can't wait for this year's races.
Be quick though, both bmwdvl and lukeyson have received copyright infringement notices courtesy of Bigpond. It's only a matter of time when their accounts will be removed.
The buggers. I wondered how they where getting awaqy with it. Wel;l maybe BigPond should take a look at the hits they get and do something about it. And remove the adverts too. I might even pay per race for no adverts.
You could also get them from Racing Underground. You might need an invite from someone though, I'm all out unfortunately
Quote from Gil07 :You could also get them from ****** ***********. You might need an invite from someone though, I'm all out unfortunately

shh, that website doesnt exist

i got an invite anyways
Quote from BenjiMC :shh, that website doesnt exist

i got an invite anyways

i thought that one could exist, it was just invite only...
well ye like i said, if anyone needs i have 2 invites.
Quote from BenjiMC :well ye like i said, if anyone needs i have 2 invites.

If you still have one, I'd really appreciate an invite. I've been trying to get on there for a while so I can watch more F1 and the V8 supercars.
#73 - DeKo
Yes please Benji
This page gives you highlights if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/V8SupercarsOfficial

************SPOILERS***************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyEM_FIDSTc
(happens at 0:30)

3 drivers fighting for the championship title, crash in the same corner at the same time!!! They were in 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the stage of the race by the way.
Unbelievable, wrong call to stay on slicks. Last round of the year and wowww.....gotta wait till Sunday to find out whos champion for 2010.

Awesome race it was.
Uhh.. must not read thread before watching races..

V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG