The online racing simulator
V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
Quote from DratsaB :Yeah, excellent racing this weekend. The production quality is the best of any race series I have seen.

+1, i just hope they won't take the F1 way of "improvements" in the future (cars, tracks).
Finally the proper season started after the 2 pointless desert rounds, and the racing was awesome. One of the best racing series around these days IMO. The coverage (channel 7 I think it is) is also brilliant.

Just a shame the round at the Australian GP doesn't count for the championship. I never understood why that is...
Quote from Gil07 :Finally the proper season started after the 2 pointless desert rounds, and the racing was awesome. One of the best racing series around these days IMO. The coverage (channel 7 I think it is) is also brilliant.

Just a shame the round at the Australian GP doesn't count for the championship. I never understood why that is...

I thought it was now a points race, as of this season or last season? Forget where I read that, though...
It's still a non-championship I think. Shall update when I get the info.

Also their were teams using the non-championship round as a test session in the race (didn't want to wreck the cars), if they get caught doing that again they will get fined which i find silly imo. Make it a championship round it wont happen...

Yeh I agree since Mark Skaife has joined the commentating box it's been a bit more enjoyable to watch the telecast. With the addition of Mark Larkham in the pits aswell great stuff. If you guys didn't know half the cars used to race the v8s back in the days, so it's no suprise they know their stuff.

Clipsal 500 possibly back for next years opener.

Quote :V8 SUPERCARS officials have flagged discussions on whether to return to an Australian-based start to the championship from next season.
V8s chairman Tony Cochrane said it was too early to decide whether the series would start overseas again.

The opening two rounds of this year's championship were held in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.

The move drew much criticism from diehard fans - many saying the season would struggle to gain public support after starting offshore, and calling for the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide to be restored as the traditional opening race of the season.

But Cochrane said early data showed the overseas move had brought its own benefits, and becoming the third event on the calendar had not affected attendances in Adelaide at the weekend.

The four-day event attracted 277,800 spectators, with 89,600 on the Sunday - the second highest four-day crowd in the event's history.

"Looking at the TV ratings from Abu Dhabi and Bahrain, we're up 28 per cent," Cochrane said.

"Can we do it better? We've got to have a very healthy debate internally and with (television broadcaster) Network Seven about whether we can improve (the start to the season) and whether we can do a better job."

Cochrane signalled further calendar changes in the next few years, refloating the prospect of a Singapore race on a new permanent track, and races at two new Australian venues.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sp ... ry-e6frf9if-1225841089701

The only thing that bugs me slightly about having Skaife, Crompton and Larkham all together is that they're constantly saying "you're dead right", "exactly", "spot on" etc after someone makes a point. For example: "He's just out of the pits so it'll take him a lap or 2 to get his tyres up to full temperature and pressure." "Exactly, spot on there Crompo". Does anyone else pick that up?
Quote from amp88 :The only thing that bugs me slightly about having Skaife, Crompton and Larkham all together is that they're constantly saying "you're dead right", "exactly", "spot on" etc after someone makes a point. For example: "He's just out of the pits so it'll take him a lap or 2 to get his tyres up to full temperature and pressure." "Exactly, spot on there Crompo". Does anyone else pick that up?

ALL Aussies are like that hahaha
Quote from amp88 :The only thing that bugs me slightly about having Skaife, Crompton and Larkham all together is that they're constantly saying "you're dead right", "exactly", "spot on" etc after someone makes a point. For example: "He's just out of the pits so it'll take him a lap or 2 to get his tyres up to full temperature and pressure." "Exactly, spot on there Crompo". Does anyone else pick that up?

Yep, you're dead right ampo.
"They're on for young'n'old!"
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Yep, you're dead right ampo.

Hehe

"There's no point racing for sheep stations this early in the race."
"He's give him a bump there."
"He's gonna give it a red hot go here."
"He couldn't have been one millimetre deeper in that stop."
Amp, it's because they are dead right haha! . Matt White usually stuffs up on his commentating, he would say this and that (cos his the ch7 news reporter, no clue of v8s)
Cromly always corrects him by saying ' no, Matt.....' 'Matts got it wrong folks'

I prefer Noonan instead of White.

A vid of him commentating with Murray Walker. What a legend Murray is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIBZzNkJ-M

Anyway next round is Albert Park. Think I shall be there on the Sunday.
Apprently Jensen Button will be driving the Tripple 8 vodafone v8sc whilst Jamie Whincup will drive the vodafone f1 (prob 2008 or 09 spec car). Some sort of media thing I suppose. Last year they did a comparison between a BMW f1 v V8sc v some bmw (racecar?, roadcar?)

One more thing:
Robbie Maddison Backflip in v8 utes @ clipsal.
They should make this compulsory haha!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoHnrL9fgVQ
I hope they do that race like they did on bathurst a few years ago with the A9X torana, a SS commodore and a V8SC but this time with a F1, V8SC and a SS.
Hamilton race under threat. I've got to say I'm not heart-broken about this news. The Hamilton track was massively hyped just like Sydney and Abu Dhabi, but in the end they haven't been very good. Would love to see the V8s go back to Pukekohe (even just on the old track, but even better with an extension that I believe has been talked about in the past) or Hampton Downs. Would also like to see Eastern Creek back on the calendar, a real permanent track replacement for Oran Park and some major reworking done on Barbagallo.
#40 - JCTK
Quote from amp88 :Hamilton race under threat. I've got to say I'm not heart-broken about this news. The Hamilton track was massively hyped just like Sydney and Abu Dhabi, but in the end they haven't been very good. Would love to see the V8s go back to Pukekohe (even just on the old track, but even better with an extension that I believe has been talked about in the past) or Hampton Downs. Would also like to see Eastern Creek back on the calendar, a real permanent track replacement for Oran Park and some major reworking done on Barbagallo.

Hamilton stole the V8s and WRC from Auckland, about time they give it back to us~! lol

The last time I heard anything about Pukekohe is that it's pretty dead as a race track for major events, so Hampton Downs seems like the much better option~!
WTF! How can they do this? Split up Bathurst...what a joke!
#42 - JCTK
Quote from amp88 :WTF! How can they do this? Split up Bathurst...what a joke!

it's the first of April already downunder~
You bastard, gave me a quick scare there
Lol
So i just watched V8 Xtra from saturday and they showed this: http://kidcz.ic.cz/V8surfers.jpg :eye-poppi

It's a lineup for Surfers Paradise event and i guess this will be the biggest event in terms of attending drivers from around the world in V8 history. Can't wait to see them battle these cars.
Wow thats Alot of EX f1 drivers there.
Nice, lots of touring car drivers too.
#49 - JCTK
and a few current IRL drivers too...
why are they all heading down under all of a sudden? (just because the merged IRL won't go to Surfers anymore...)
Quote from JCTK :and a few current IRL drivers too...
why are they all heading down under all of a sudden? (just because the merged IRL won't go to Surfers anymore...)

One, current drivers have found that you can have very much fun trying out new things... More importantly, V8SC changed the enduro-rules so that you can't pair up with your teammate, it's gotta be a guest driver... Sure you could look for young talent (which some teams do), but an international high-profile guest driver will give much more exposure, thus money...

V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG