The online racing simulator
V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
V8 Supercars 2010
So theres already been two rounds gone and passed but, just because i think its epic. MURRY WALKER IS COMMENTATING V8 UTES!!!!!
Win
That old fart.

So he turns down F1 BBC for utes?
I love Murray Walker haha

I've watched both of the first rounds, which solidified my hatred from contemporary (F1) racing circuits. Bring on Adelaide!
Is there any way I can watch it through the internet, that isn't highlights thrown together with a rock metal death soundtrack over it?
#5 - bbman
Wrong forum maybe?

Quote from piggy501 :Is there any way I can watch it through the internet, that isn't highlights thrown together with a rock metal death soundtrack over it?

Not live, but full races nonetheless: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lukeyson1981

Maggot, what didn't you like? They put on a hell of a show on both tracks...
Quote from bbman :Maggot, what didn't you like? They put on a hell of a show on both tracks...

I hate the fact that there's nearly no punishment for error. There's nothing to hit. The only interesting part of Yas Marinas, as far as I can tell, is the 'corkscrew' part. The tracks are just dull.

The races themselves were better than I thought possible on those tracks, I'll admit, but still not as good as on some proper tracks or even street circuits.
v8's are boring as batshit
#8 - wien
Quote from Klutch :v8's are boring as batshit

Thank you for your feedback. Now please remove your emo self from this thread and grow the **** up. Damn child.
I watched YM race 1 on YouTube, and didn't fall asleep. Some interesting elevation differences and braking zones, overtakes, nudges and cars able to run very close to each other. More about actual balls-to-the-wall racing than F1
I didn't enjoy the first 2 rounds of the championship that much. Bahrain was better than Abu Dhabi though. Round 3, however, was epic! So much wheel to wheel racing, overtaking, real strategy etc. The only disappointing thing was the kerb breakup at turn 8, but apart from that it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of the championship I've seen. So much better than the F1 race from Bahrain.
I haven't watched the second Adelaide race yet, but the first one was great stuff! Can't wait to watch the second one; maybe later tonight or Tuesday night I'll get time.
just finished the second race... nuff said.
Quote from wien :Thank you for your feedback. Now please remove your emo self from this thread and grow the **** up. Damn child.

You call me emo, then tell ME to grow up?

Wow, you're dense.
How bloody good were the races at Adelaide!! See they should always start at Adelaide! Atmosphere was hell great.
Keep Bahrain and Abudhabi somewhere else in the calender but never start the v8s there again imho.
Hard luck for Whincup in the last race. Gets hit from behind then loose bodywork then ends serving a penalty for it.
Well done to GT, he is back! Race 2 of Clipsal500 was prob best clipsal i've seen in a long time.

Here guys full races ready to download:

Race 1.

Race 2.
#16 - JCTK
Quote from iMCk. :How bloody good were the races at Adelaide!! See they should always start at Adelaide! Atmosphere was hell great.
Keep Bahrain and Abudhabi somewhere else in the calender but never start the v8s there again imho.
Hard luck for Whincup in the last race. Gets hit from behind then loose bodywork then ends serving a penalty for it.
Well done to GT, he is back! Race 2 of Clipsal500 was prob best clipsal i've seen in a long time.

Here guys full races ready to download:

Race 1.

Race 2.

that rule is just stupid and unfair...

someone punted you, damaged your car, you'd to come in to the pits for a mechanical blackflag to pull that bit off. It'd gone off already half way round the track, but you still need to drive through the pits in order to serve that black flag...

and meanwhile, the guy who did the damaged, get away for it despite completely ruining out someone else's race.

So if you tap someone into a spin, you get a drive through, if you punt someone straight up the backside, damage it badly enough so there are parts hanging off it, it'd be the poor guy who got rammed that get penalised, and it'd be even more costly than being spun on track...
Yeh too true mate. It's just the clowns upstairs in the stewards. But once the black flag was given it can't be reversed from what I heard no matter what the circumstance.
Was funny how all 3 drivers on the Podium on Sundays race got booed lol. Think James Courtney got booed the most, prob because knocking Jamie's diffuser off ay.
I have to agree, I've really gone off the V8's. I be eagerly waiting from the Merc's or BMW's to get involved. The Holden and Ford's have run their race and basically it's the same car. Variety is the spice of life and the format needs a change.

I know the Holden and Ford purists still go on about it, but their not the same as they were 20 years ago.
I only just got into watching the V8's last year and thougfht it was some of the best racing I'd seen in a LONG time.

The camera angles/positions (diff cam, brake cam, rear suspension cam, head cam, P-in-P pedal cam with track position shown as well) all bloody fantastic. The commentators seem to really know thier stuff (from my noobish point of view) and are able to have a proper craick with each other, the pit crews and drivers. The technical goings-on inside the garages showing various computer screens and read-outs ar another bonus.

But the two main things which are attracting me are:

1. The tracks (crappy F1 track excluded) eg - especially the mighty Bathurst
2. The drivers (skill and character).

Hope the coverage is kept up!
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I have to agree, I've really gone off the V8's. I be eagerly waiting from the Merc's or BMW's to get involved. The Holden and Ford's have run their race and basically it's the same car. Variety is the spice of life and the format needs a change.

I know the Holden and Ford purists still go on about it, but their not the same as they were 20 years ago.

Definitely! The days of the Australian Touring Car Championship (which included BMW, Nissan, Volvo, and Jaguar, among others) produced perhaps better racing than today.

The ATCC in all its [tank-slapping] glory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfRAfJ4XaFw
Yeh I would love for other Manufacturers to join!!
I agree that Bahrain and Abu-Dhabi were most boring this year, though previous years, when they used shorter version of Bahrain circuit, it was really great there. But the magic of close and entertaining racing is in use of classic tracks, which none of those modern tilkedromes can't give to you. At least it can't get any worse this year.
Adelaide was awesome, i watched it from beginning to end and it's 180 degree turn from the first 2 rounds. Now bring on the Melbourne showdown.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I have to agree, I've really gone off the V8's. I be eagerly waiting from the Merc's or BMW's to get involved. The Holden and Ford's have run their race and basically it's the same car. Variety is the spice of life and the format needs a change.

Adding a new manufacturer won't change that; they'll all still be basically the same car. In fact, from what I've been reading, the rules changes being proposed that will come into play if/when the new manufacturers join will result cars that even more similar than they are now.

Either way, the racing is bloody great.

As someone else mentioned, the actual coverage is fantastic too. Colour commentary, camerawork, all of it. Kicks the tar out of any coverage we get in North America.
All I saw about it was really great! If they'd only be broadcasting in on our sport stations I can receive or in the (poverly done) racing shows they show her on national sport channels.
Quote from MAGGOT :Either way, the racing is bloody great.

As someone else mentioned, the actual coverage is fantastic too. Colour commentary, camerawork, all of it. Kicks the tar out of any coverage we get in North America.

Yeah, excellent racing this weekend. The production quality is the best of any race series I have seen.

V8 Supercars 2010
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG