The online racing simulator
Quote from kimd41 :Theres a small chance that we might see a test patch this year, if not, I'm 100% sure we'll see a patch next year. I mean, there's not much left to do.

(emphasis mine)

What are you basing this on?
It's done when it's done, what could you do as a user/player? I think this is his basis
It's need to be open-source!
Quote from Gegry1992 :It's need to be open-source!

i think it dont need to be open source BECAUSE the game could be restriced to scawen but what he needs is a Content development Team, this part need to be open source !
Its nice that Rockingham is laserscanned but one track after 1 year isnt enough ^^.I know It sounds hard and the new track is designed for S3 so he cant publish it now.

I know its not good for lfs to get rushed by so many new Tracks form the community but a little dev-team which takes a part of Track / Car development will be usefull.
Feel free to start your own up. And build your own physics engine from scratch. And develop and maintain a sizable online community who contribute and sustain your development.

It's a free and open country. You've got the power ain' yer? The knowledge? The finance? The time? You havn't?

Then shut the your bleedin' heart up. For gawds sake.
Did anybody realize new Tyre Physik needs a new Road Surface ?
Its not done with better workings Tyres if we dont feel this on older Road surface. (hills, waves, cracks on road on very high detail as Orginal)

Maybee Rockingham Projekt try to get it very close to the orginal Road Surface. Maybe we feel much more Information about the Surface.

This coast a hell of time to make it 95% Real! Think about it. Yes maybe its not much Content, but it can be the absolutely realist feel we ever get in a Simualtion. I Trust the Devs.

No Sim is compareble with LFS and yes i Testet IRacing, its good but not Fantastic like the "older" Physiks on LFS
Quote from Xenix74 :I Thrust the Devs.

Perhaps if you spent less time thrusting them, they would develop the game faster
Well, until my new wheel comes in, it's back to Minecraft :P
:chairs: better i use a translator

TRUST

sry devs
A never ending potpourri argument and counter argument..

Its taken too long i want new stuff now!

Have you driven all 15000000 combinations in the nude while eating a hotdog!

Jesus guys this thread gone round in circles so many times its eaten its own anus.

Mr Mod please kill this incessant whinge festival
Quote from Gegry1992 :It's need to be open-source!

You cannot take propietary code and make it opensource
Quote from richo :Have you driven all 15000000 combinations in the nude while eating a hotdog!

Jesus guys this thread gone round in circles so many times its eaten its own anus.

Hehe, but I think it's still open to help keep the rest of the forum clean somewhat. Gives people an outlet to vent.
Quote from Xenix74 :
Its not done with better workings Tyres if we dont feel this on older Road surface. (hills, waves, cracks on road on very high detail as Orginal)

Maybee Rockingham Projekt try to get it very close to the orginal Road Surface. Maybe we feel much more Information about the Surface.

you're right. The feedback from the Car through the FFB from my Wheel can be better. I mean its hard to feel the Car, everytime if my rear breaks out the wheel does not announce it directly to me. The FFB gives a little restate but nothing more. so thats what i mean you never feel the reaction of the car, so as it in the real lives would be.

Edit: If youre right and scawen is mainly debugging this stuff, Scawen should tell us this then. IF we all know that scawen will fix this too we all could better understand that S3 will take some more time and i mean this can be ok coz he talked with us and let us know what takes so much time now

The GT Turbo in LFS v0.1 at an unpublished city track in Miami.
Quote from BOSCHO :

... which later was published as South City.
South City is little bit different from the pic.
So South City is actualy ""Miami" lol dint now
Quote from CodieMorgan :You cannot take propietary code and make it opensource

Why exactly?
Sure, it would kill the original business model, but what is it that says you "can't" do it?
(I'm not saying I would like to see the devs opensource the code, but I don't understand your argument)
OFF Topic
Quote from BOSCHO :

At the top of the right side of this is an open tunnel (like this), viaduct or something else?

Quote from ColeusRattus :... which later was published as South City.

Are you sure? If the SO is based on Miami, Eric had a really bad references.
Attached images
open tunnel.jpg
It looks like the hairpin under the motorway, which can be seen in the current South City.
South City is not based on Miami. It is based on London.

However, the early version of a 'city' track (which was then morphed into South City) were called Miami. I doubt the track was ever modelled with American styles though, just an American name.
-
Sueycide_fd (Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD
Just a few hours left to celebrate the one year anniversary of this thread, hurray!
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG