The online racing simulator
S2 - What coming in V Patch?
(86 posts, started )
sound improvements are desperately needed. When I show this sim to new people the first thing they say is. wtf is up with the sound???
I don't think the sounds is the most important to be updatet at the moment.
I want the things with the wings, which Biggie said in another thread (you know, 0,25° or something to change).
I also would like an animated pitcrew, one pitting position for one driver and as already said some more things should be able to be changed.
I also would like the So Sprint-Tracks to be updated. We need pits there, because these are two great tracks. And it would be possible in a quite easy way.ln Sprint 1 you could go straight into the So Long - pit and go back there at the first corner of Sprint 1.
And of course more balancing to the GTRs, because it really sucks at the moment.
Brake temperatures! It's an important aspect especially in faster cars like GTR's and BF1. Cool brakes shouldn't work so effectively and overheated.. well you can guess.

There was once a competition held by finnish energy drink manufacturer, Battery, where winners had a chance to test Renault F1 in Magny Cours. The crew removed the air intakes from the brakes to prevent them cooling too much (the civilians drove aobut 100km/h slower than real drivers). They also drove with wet tyres, because slicks would've been too impossible to heat warm enough to work properly.
I would say tyre physics would be adjusted. They are always going to require tweaking. I hope to see some changes to AI and pitstops.
exterrrnaaallll waaaassteegaaaaaaattesssssssssss

*falls over and dies*
Some proper vroom vroom sounds, please!
:iagree:
I'm hoping for damage and sound updates, these are the 1st things that new users notice, to me, the interiors are awesome, compared to some other games that i've played (Rfactor etc)
Quote from BuddhaBing :The sound engine is probably the area that needs the most work -- or rather, it's the area that people complain about the most and tends to be the first thing people new to LFS comment on. Improving the sounds may broaden the appeal to new users.

Sounds have been like this for quite long. S2 brought some updates but they still are, like you said, the most WIP of them all. I don't know the reasons for not updating the system, but I wouldn't wait for an update either.

The sounds are the biggest single issue that keeps me from playing LFS. For crying out loud, I even purchased GTR just to enjoy some beefier sounds!
Quote from sinbad : Either make the cars RHD or LHD only

If I was forced to drive a RHD car I would probably have to give up LFS, and I've NEVER said that before. That's the worst idea ever conceived my friend!

If I was born & raised in a RHD country, I'd say the same thing about LHD. It's just a preference that I don't ever want to have to change, it would be nonsense to be forced to drive one or the other.

I realize you weren't adamant on this suggestion being the way to fix things, I just shudder at the mere mention of it.
no way in hell im driving LHD. Why should i be punished because others cant drive on the right side of the car and even the right (left) side of the road :P

Most cars are both LHD and RHD around the world anyway.
lol

Forced LHD/RHD? Nah!

It would be interesting, to say the least, to see the American/European reaction if we were all forced to sit on the right

Of course, it would be an interesting (and possibly do-able) idea if your driving side was controlled by which country you were living in and was unchangeable, except by changing your country on LFS world ...
i remeber years ago (1978 ish) porsche being asked why their racing cars were rhd when all their drivers were used to lhd

apparently it was because the majority of corners they raced on were right handers and rhd not only allowed the drivers to see the apex easier but also put the drivers weight on the inside of the bend

also with a lot of sports prototypes, the gearchange is in the door sill and rhd places it on the more familiar right hand as the majority of drivers are used to sitting on left of gearchange in road cars. its the same reason for the gearchange location in single seaters
#40 - Vain
Did someone mention preloaded diffs?
That would propably mess up the balancing a lot (or improve it? -> TBO).

Vain
I want damage in patch V. Bumpers hanging off, bonnets unhinged so wreckers have an obscured view, if part fall off, they lie on the track where they stop untill a track change / restart. Be brill.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I want damage in patch V. Bumpers hanging off, bonnets unhinged so wreckers have an obscured view, if part fall off, they lie on the track where they stop untill a track change / restart. Be brill.

Marshals clear the track of derbis ... you couldn't exactly have F1 cars running over a front wing lap after lap
Most racing cars today are left hand driven. That's because most tracks are driven to the left. At least i read that in a magazine when i was reading about changes in Chevrolet WTCC team - one change was going LHD from RHD.
Quote from keiran :Marshals clear the track of derbis ... you couldn't exactly have F1 cars running over a front wing lap after lap

Pah, sod the marshals, more fun dodging debris

But yeh, i see your point
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :If I was forced to drive a RHD car I would probably have to give up LFS, and I've NEVER said that before. That's the worst idea ever conceived my friend!

If I was born & raised in a RHD country, I'd say the same thing about LHD. It's just a preference that I don't ever want to have to change, it would be nonsense to be forced to drive one or the other.

I realize you weren't adamant on this suggestion being the way to fix things, I just shudder at the mere mention of it.

I'm glad you understood that I mentioned that suggestion only to illustrate the fact that we can't have it both ways. Either we have the option to switch sides and the cars are balanced to make them identical again, or the cars are unevenly balanced so to make it fair you can only sit on one side. I know which I would prefer, even though it only takes me 2 minutes to adjust to LHD, if LHD were forced I wouldn't care too much.

At Primoz, I think you'll find that the majority of racing circuits around the world use a clockwise direction, so purely from a weight distribution standpoint, RHD is better.
Nope, doesnt make any difference, I am from the UK, have been driving a car with the steering wheel on the correct side (RHD) for 15 years, not long ago I had to drive a 3 hour aston race in LHD, I thought it would be a pain, but it wasnt a problem at all, personally it now makes zero difference which side I drive from, I am still slow.........

Dan,
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I want damage in patch V. Bumpers hanging off, bonnets unhinged so wreckers have an obscured view, if part fall off, they lie on the track where they stop untill a track change / restart. Be brill.

me to that make more players come to lfs i think.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for these:

-Locked diff usage should be cut down drastically by introducing real life problems associated with it during cornering
-Preload to clutch pack diff
-Better car balancing withing classes
-Suspension and car damage should be more logarithmic. Meaning slow hits - no or little damage and quite sharply rising big hits - instant car shutoff or catastrophic suspension failure.
-More easily destroyed and punctured tyres. They are quite invincible at the moment.

Hardcore! :bullwhip:

Also better sound and interior if the devs can be arsed to sit in front of Photoshop and audio editors.
Better interiors are on the way, this was confirmed I believe, but and nice thought would be the chassis flex which Scawen is interested in, but who know's this will probably need some major rewriting of physics so may not be a viable option until S3, but chassis flex will alow different vehicles, karts, trucks, 4x4......
any guess on what date its coming??the new patch?
hopefully soon!

S2 - What coming in V Patch?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG