The online racing simulator
S2 - What coming in V Patch?
(86 posts, started )
Anyone have any idea what's being impoved next...
Aaah. I wondered when the next patch thread would come, and here it is. Let the speculationg begin again!

I think new GTR interiors, thats allmost sure.
#3 - Vain
Non-confidental info:
1. GTR interiors
2. Track-improvements (no new combos, just prettier tracks)
3. The usual tyre-physics-tweak
4. Further balancing in the TBO class and GTR class
(Could as well be a proper turbo-model)
5. First improvements to the AI
Now I'm between guestimating and hoping:
1. An early version of ground effect
(I believe so because S2 has introduced downforce so it'll have to finish that to call itself final, thus groundeffect has to be introduced in a patch before S2 Beta to be open for testing)
2. Differences between tyres-brands
(I believe so because S2 has introduced the tyre model and the news page says that somewhere along the roadmap there are going to be differences between tyre brands. Thus this has to be finished before S2 final and thus it has to be introduced in a patch before S2 beta)

Vain
Quote from Vain :Non-confidental info:
1. GTR interiors

Hope so.

Quote :2. Track-improvements (no new combos, just prettier tracks)

I think it's Kyoto that's getting the overhaul. There are still plenty of possible combos, I wonder if they'll come. 2 more blackwood RX courses are possible. You never know

Quote :3. The usual tyre-physics-tweak

I don't think that they will change them this time round. The tyre physics aren't really a problem now.

Quote :4. Further balancing in the TBO class and GTR class.

Seriously hope so.

Quote :5. First improvements to the AI

The most important thing to be done.

Quote :2. Differences between tyres-brands
(I believe so because S2 has introduced the tyre model and the news page says that somewhere along the roadmap there are going to be differences between tyre brands. Thus this has to be finished before S2 final and thus it has to be introduced in a patch before S2 beta)

Vain

That would be great to see the superiority of Evostar (lol).
The option to put truck turbos with no wastegates on stock cars? :hyper:
#6 - joen
I think we'll have NAWZ in the next patch
I don't think that water temp / radiator damage is too far off. If course I thought that for the last patch.....
ohh, i can't wait for Nos.

I think we'll see some eye candy and that usual tyre/pyhsics tune up.
Quote from Rappa Z :
I think we'll see some eye candy

I'm hoping we'll finally get those long awaited spinner things in the wheels illepall
Any better sounds?
VRooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Quote from duke_toaster :There are still plenty of possible combos, I wonder if they'll come. 2 more blackwood RX courses are possible. You never know

If they finish construction on the connector between the Aston north loop and the last turn of the Club circuit, I think I counted that there should be a potential 37 layouts in each direction...
OMG, you'd drive them all and go crazy, slipping "Aston" into otherwise unrelated sentences.

Edit: I very much doubt tyre physics will change in the next patch, I get the idea that bit is all done and dusted with for now.
hopefully some gtr interiors improvements

maybe (just possibly) that KY long(er) track might be a slight possibility

and yes, of course more tire improvements
new soundtrack featuring dr dre! *bops like a gangstah*

I WAS JOKING OK
Quote from szyszek :I'm hoping we'll finally get those long awaited spinner things in the wheels illepall

Scavier, pimp my ride!
#16 - joen
Quote from bahrain :new soundtrack featuring dr dre! *bops like a gangstah*

And Snoop Dog could team up with Victor to make a new music addon pack!

Viscious Vic ft. Snoop Dog - Ain nuthin' but an LFS thang!
Quote from Ayrton :If they finish construction on the connector between the Aston north loop and the last turn of the Club circuit, I think I counted that there should be a potential 37 layouts in each direction...

What connection?
that strange track line that cuts off, its after the long sweeping line after the "esses"

(long sweeping turn after that bridge)

afaik its only visible from top down view
I'm looking forward to the reworked Kyoto Ring with new layouts. It's my favourite track in terms of atmosphere and has several of my favourite corners and complexes. I'm not keen on the banked oval sections though and hope some of the new layouts skip the oval altogether.

Since I started using a clutch pedal and full manual shifting with heel and toe a few weeks ago, I've noticed some quirks and deficiencies in the clutch, drivetrain and engine modeling which I hope are addressed in the next patch. I would particularly like to see improvements in the engine, drivetrain and clutch damage modeling so that poor technique and/or mistakes have a more detrimental effect. Brake fade would also be a nice enhancement. However, I realise that these improvements would not be seen or appreciated by everyone since they would only affect those who run relatively long races using manual shifting so dev resources may be better spent on other areas.

The sound engine is probably the area that needs the most work -- or rather, it's the area that people complain about the most and tends to be the first thing people new to LFS comment on. Improving the sounds may broaden the appeal to new users.
Maybe they could make a tunnel which could go under the oval section and make that long config like that. Because that hairpin which would come when moving from oval to the GP section would have very bad run-off area, nothing, and that would be unrealistic. But Kyoto is good track, I dont like the oval section either, its a bit dull.
What will be in patch V....hmm I think a giant phallic shaped vehicle is on the cards; its jet powered at one end. Obviously. I also think we'll see the introduction of the stuckimobile, which will beable to go from 0 to 443MPH in 3.45 seconds (naturally, it has no TC, travels forwards and backwards in time at 88MPH (which is why it has such a low 0-433 time) and as such is rather tricky to drive).

I also believe we'll see the introduction of Scawen's cat, as a driver model; my sources tell me it will use the left overs from Victor's haircut as a crash helmet.

Speculation like this sucks; give the dev's a break
Quote from BuddhaBing :
The sound engine is probably the area that needs the most work -- or rather, it's the area that people complain about the most and tends to be the first thing people new to LFS comment on. Improving the sounds may broaden the appeal to new users.

It's odd that someone so much younger than I (<-- Aug 6, 1968) and from Canada is so amazingly wise!

I would say that the sound is the number one thing that jumps out at a new user and has the largest potential to turn them off of the sim.
1. Pit system improvement. More options, e.g add x% fuel at stop, Repair damage y/n, change specific tyre(s), server forced tyre change, perhaps aero changes, etc etc, basically anything we can think of, they hopefully will also have thought of.

2. Weight balancing to finally remove this whole LHD vs. RHD joke. Yes people are still swapping the sides we drive on to suit the circuit. Either make the cars RHD or LHD only (as they would definitely be in a real one-car series), or balance them so they are exactly the same no matter which side you sit on. I'm tired of people arguing that it's realistic as it is, because it obviously isn't, but I won't argue if you want to write something about the realistic way weight distribution is affecting handling after not fully reading/understanding my post.
I really hope the AU Kart Track can be opened,but I dont think it will happen

(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG