The online racing simulator
G27 users, start to worry now

The demo units in the Taiwanese GT5 event all had G27, so they work fine on a basic level at least.
I did plan to get a G27 to use alongside my DFGT, but now I may grab a G25 to be safe, or get better aftermarket pedals for the DFGT

Quote :I know that the clutch was disabled for the Indy Time Trial. When I asked Kaz's Interpreter about the functionality of the G27 in GT5 last Wednesday at the GT Awards Party, I was told " The G27 will not be Fully Supported, but the DFGT will". Now what exactly that means is not clear to me. The Paddles did work on the Indy TT as well as the shift lights, for whatever that is worth. I would not be surprised if the clutch was not supported on the G27, but I do not know.

When talking with the highest levels of Polyphony Digital, they did indeed confirm that the fault for the G27 not being fully supported lies with Logitech. Logitech failed to code certain things with the G27 firmware that PD required, so it will only be partially supported. I too have a brand new G27, so I am in the same exact postion as every other G27 owner. I am a huge Logitech fan, but PD said that there were issues that gave the G27 an unfair advantage, whatever that refers to. I am just relaying info that I got from Kaz's interpreter. That's the most accurate and believeable info for me.

All I know about the Firmware issues are directly from the highest levels of Polyphony Digital. When I was asking them at the GT Awards Show about the G27, Taka told me:

" When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards. Therefore the G27 will not be fully supported in G27"

I too, do not fully understand exactly what this means. I am just giving you the exact words, from Kaz's interpreter. That is the highest level of PD , as far as I am concerned. You cannot get any more direct info than this, in my opinion.

It is unclear to me if the paddle shifters will work or not. I certainly hope so, as I bought a new G27, and have been waiting to use it, like many others. I am hoping that the lack of full support is just having to do with the clutch function.

there better be g25 support

there better be clutch support, or all the time they wasted, is useless to me.
For what it's worth

Quote :
g27 profile buried in gt psp's code.

Quote:
G27.STICK_BX1
G27.STICK_BX1F
G27.STICK_BX1L
G27.STICK_BY1
G27.STICK_BY1F
G27.STICK_BY1L
G27.STICK_BX2
G27.STICK_BX2C
G27.STICK_BX2F
G27.STICK_BX2L
G27.STICK_BY2
G27.STICK_BY2C
G27.STICK_BY2F
G27.STICK_BY2L
G27.STEER
G27.SIDEBRAKE
G27.GEAR
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_X
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_Y
G27.GRAVITY_X
G27.GRAVITY_Y
G27.GRAVITY_Z
G27.TORQUE_Y

no clutch? g25 profile mentions it.

other profiles: dualshock3, sixaxis, psp, gtforce, drivingforce, gtforce pro, gtforcerx, g25, drivingforcegt, g27

Quote from dawesdust_12 :No.

If your "No" is the answer to my question, then the game lost so many points for me, race with that stupid hud in a cockpit view is crap IMO....

I cant race in lfs with the hud, that why i use shift+f
Then you're retarded. Who cares if you can't disable the HUD.. THere's worse things out there.. like people who think rFactor is realistic.
By not fully supporting G27 I think he means not having the instant brake bias/traction control adjustability, which is a huge selling point for the DFGT, which is severely outdated and overpriced. Sony decided to sell GT5 with DFGT as the focus, so they ain't going to push heavily on G25 or G27 sales.
I agree with Inouva here, i think there should be an option to disable the hud, it actually sucks big time if you can't!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Then you're retarded. Who cares if you can't disable the HUD.. THere's worse things out there.. like people who think rFactor is realistic.

Well, judging for the caliber of the GT5 and all the car model detail and the impresive weather effect and other stuff, is a bit sad you can disable the hud in premiun cars, I`m sure they are ppl like me that enjoy the visual art that gt5 give us, and enjoy being the most immersive posible into the "Sim" racer possible, and have that hud in a cockpit view in prem cars is totaly wrong imo, ruins the inmersion, ruins the realistic interior of the car, ruins the sensation of the tires while start to loose grip..., ruins the learning of the engine sound ( While you gona change gears) and other stuff

I`m a hardcore Sim racer, more realistic the game is, more fun for me, That why i love lfs, there is no other game that give me the sensation of realistic feeling/driving like lfs does, that why seeing that hud in cockpit view in a prem car is a big loose of points for me.

For me , prem cars + cockpit view + GT5 Gauges (Hud) = fail in sim immersive

Hope you understand my point
I'm a hardcore simracer.. but never do I get offended or even frustrated at the fact there's HUD.. I'm usually too worried about not crashing.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm a hardcore simracer.. but never do I get offended or even frustrated at the fact there's HUD.. I'm usually too worried about not crashing.

My point is , should be a option to disable the hud, nobody say "Remove" permanently from prem cars, to who want the hud fine, also to hardocre sim racer who want more immersive feeling should be option to disable it

Also i`m worried about not touch the others cars in a race ( I`m obsesive with that =P )

Thinking a bit, maybe there is a option and the guys who put the vid in ytb dindt show us the game options in full detail
The HUD is off - in replays

A lot of things may be tweaked post released with updates. In Prologue, things and physics were tweaked for each of the 3 updates
Thought it might have been, can't keep up in my old age
Good to know about the G27 lacking proper support, I considered upgrading to one just to get more buttons for GT5.
FFFFFUUU, I have a G27...
LOL, just spent lunchtime reading all the conspiracy theories over the leaked Czech version of the game, and how its not as good as many expected, best ones are.....

1) There are time locked features, which will unlock on release date
2) Its a viral marketing campaign by Sony

Gotta love it!!
Source for those?
I will!
The marketing thing would actually seem wildly plausible - watching the videos has certainly made me want the game, and I don't even have a PS3...
Oooo, someone else thinks once you get a certain amount of "xp" a hardcore mode unlocks LOL!
^^ Same here, I'm worrying for my G27 not having full support, and I dont even have a PS3
On the bright side, even if GT5 supported only the DFP, it'd still support a better wheel than Forza.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :On the bright side, even if GT5 supported only the DFP, it'd still support a better wheel than Forza.

Hold your hand up sure high five time.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG