The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Right that makes sense, wonder if I could kid them on I'm a new customer It seems like they don't really care about people coming back to iracing, just new customers. If they had put that offer for customers who wanted to return, I would have snapped their hand off.
Quote from DeKo :Right that makes sense, wonder if I could kid them on I'm a new customer It seems like they don't really care about people coming back to iracing, just new customers. If they had put that offer for customers who wanted to return, I would have snapped their hand off.

as long as you have a different means of paying then you can sign up again. You'll get "my name2" as your name though but that can get changed later on through support.....

use a different email too...

Regarding fun F1 series, good one count! Hadn't thought of that.
Any resemblence to BF1?

Or would it be unfair to compare the two?
Quote from DevilDare :Any resemblence to BF1?

Or would it be unfair to compare the two?

The FW31 is extremely approachable and "easy" to drive. Once you start pushing, you find that it is very difficult.

Straight line acceleration has very little wheel spin. The slow corners at Silverstone require some fancy pedal work, but once you get it mostly straight you can lay into it.

So basically I'm going to go with zero resemblance The bf1 without TC is anything but approachable.
Some people have been complaining about the on board sound of the F1 car.

A while back I set my sample rate to 48000 as suggested by Grant Reeve I think. He said that it may give better sound, but could cause performance issues. It just uses a less compressed sound file. Think of mp3 bitrates, 128 vs 320 vs lossless.

I didn't notice a difference really, but I guess some people are claiming a huge difference in the f1 car (which I think sounds phenomenal). I have very good headphones and an amp fwiw.

Go to your app.ini file in your iracing folder and change the SampleRate to 48000.

The sounds are recorded at 96000, but most hardware does not play back at that samplerate.
2 Laps in miata.

<3 New favourite car.
Holy crap the FW31 is just so awesome.
You guys should try it a Mosport.

The Mx5 is also really brilliant. Very fun car and makes for some close racing.
I learnt I'm a good defensive driver. Held some dude off for 6 laps before he cooked it and crashed in the Miata.
Had a race last night in the Mx5....

....so much fun it should be illegal. Close racing, different strengths and weakness to the 2 cars makes it interesting.
Anyone has good setups for the MX5?
I got a few dollars, i can host a server for ya'll tonight.
Car/Track?
Quote from aroX123 :I got a few dollars, i can host a server for ya'll tonight.
Car/Track?

Zandvoort MX5
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Zandvoort MX5

:O

Sounds like fun, maybe i should put on a PW so only LFS'ers can play it
(laughs)
Quote from aroX123 ::O

Sounds like fun, maybe i should put on a PW so only LFS'ers can play it
(laughs)

Let me geus the password is scirocco?.
MX5 @ Infineon Cup is a great combo!
Quote from Gills4life :MX5 @ Infineon Cup is a great combo!

Dam, i dont have that track :\

Why not just MX5 at Summit Point or something
Anyone been back in the Solstice since the update? It seems to be running about 2-3 seconds quicker than previously.

Maybe it can compete with the Mazda's in the shorter tracks.
Late Model at Mosport ftw
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Anyone been back in the Solstice since the update? It seems to be running about 2-3 seconds quicker than previously.

Maybe it can compete with the Mazda's in the shorter tracks.

The Solstice got updated tire physics which sped it up a little bit.
Quote from UncleBenny :The Solstice got updated tire physics which sped it up a little bit.

That's a bit of a misconception actually. The Solstice got different tyres altogether and now runs the same race-spec tyres as the Mustang. Updated tire physics will never change laptimes that much (how wrong would they have been before the change?)
Site is down I was al hooked up and ready to do some MX5 racing dam.
FW31 @ Laguna is epic fun. Practise is madness though, full servers all the time and you can't do a clean lap.
If your hosting do a standard track like Laguna or Lime Rock, just so everyone can race.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG