The online racing simulator
From what year you are a LFS-player?
(59 posts, started )

Poll : From what year you are a LFS-player

Very Beginning
Simple question. putted as offtopic as only curious question.

As I got informed about LFS in 2005 and got .exe from KotiMikro -magazine (Kompuutteri Kaikille was earlier), never able though to play on serious face because we had no chance to get internet, anyway I played Single Player sometimes. @ 2006 I played Multiplayer and 2008 S2.
I don't know exactly since when I've known LFS, but when I had my first PC, there was pre-installed an LFS S1 there. I don't understand it, because I had the PC from cca 2002, when LFS was in the beginning. And as far as I remember, the version wasn't one of the first ones of S1. I still have some screens and videos saved. At that time, I didn't know anything at all about LFS leagues, forums and so on. I just opened it one day and said "Wow, this game is different and it is real as hell". Then I played it quite a lot.

After some time, my friend "discovered" an S2 version P, so I borrowed a copy from him. The old demo times from version V to Y were so good, I was enjoying the game in every moment.

So I checked 2004, because it is more probable, I think I knew LFS quite a lot in that year.
As much as i remember, i started playing at 2006. But i wasnt active at forum.

(Obviously i wasnt playing with this account, i was a demoer at this time and got ban't).
I played offline from year 2006. I played demo online from 2007 and in year 2008 I bought licence .
I actually found out about LFS on Blackhole Motorsports back in 2003, but my PC got like 5 fps on it and i deleted it. Then i went on youtube and saw videos of it in 2006 and started playing again that summer.
2005-2006, can't remember which one
2004 i discovered this game by accident, few years in demo, since the start of 2006 s2.
I was a demo user from January 2004 to June 2005. That's when I bought my licence.
From 2003, or maybe it was late 2002. I searched the web for "realistic driving game" or something, and somehow stumbled on LFS. Played the demo on keyboard, had no one with Credit Card to buy me a full game, then bought S2 in 2005.
Was 2002 when I tried the first alpha, can't remember the exact month.
Mid / Late 2002
#12 - PoVo
Started playing LFS Demo in 2004, bought Licence in 2008 ()
Had a demo account in the end 2006 but I forgot the password made new account 1 month later in june 2007 I had S2.
#14 - Don
pro-tip: when you click on username here at forum and look at the number at the end of url, it is your registration number on lfs.net website. you can now compare your e-penises \o/
<- #120
matijapkc - Being hated on LFS Forums since 2008. EDIT: BTW, I also started playing in 2008.

My E-penis = 255584
I was the mexican bandit back in 2005, every demoer got crashed by me then I won my S2 license in 2006 and here I am
I started Demo since 2006, but since 2008 I got my S2 and started playing really.
demo since 2003, bought s1 somewhen in 2004 iirc.
My first year on lfs this month
Discovered in 2005. Started playing around in 2006. Me and my friend trying to drift. Good times.

Bought my license on January 2007.
Downloaded the demo in 2004(IIRC, might have been 2005). No idea where I found it. Loved playing online with AIs(they used to be pretty much more interresting to drive with than they are now, as they were less predictable). Was too scared to go online, but I probably hadn't a good enough connection for it back then anyway.

After some time I got bored and stopped playing slowly but surely. I then went to poor arcade games such as WRC4 or Grand Turismo 4. I lost interrest in that stuff after some time and ended up playing no racing game, though my interrest into motorracing never faded. Then I read something about LFS in early 2007 on some site. Recalled of that game I used to play back 3 years ago, and decided to give it another go. I was pleasently surprised to see so many improvements since the old S1 times. Played demo actively for a few months(especially on Zion Demo), then bought S2 in January 2008.
I saw LFS in 1994 then started thinking about downloading the game in early 2000, after that it was about 2 years before I installed the demo and maybe another 6 months before actually I played it.

But it wasn't until last week that I remembered that I actually thought of LFS before the internets was even invented so that makes me the best
Quote from garph :I saw LFS in 1994 then started thinking about downloading the game in early 2000, after that it was about 2 years before I installed the demo and maybe another 6 months before actually I played it.

But it wasn't until last week that I remembered that I actually thought of LFS before the internets was even invented so that makes me the best

i drew a car in school back in 95. it looked like the XFR so i would say i was here first.
i used to play the demo on my dads atari 2600. i also had it on betamax
'09 lol. n00b here

(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG