The online racing simulator
From what year you are a LFS-player?
(59 posts, started )

Poll : From what year you are a LFS-player

Very Beginning
Was playing the demo from 2005 but didn't get S2 until 2007, great purchase too!
Hi, my brother showed me the LFS, when it first appeared, I tried the game and love it! .. I raced a long time in demo mode off line .. at that time only my brother had internet access.
i finaly baught my S1 licenc on 06 Aug 2004.
and started online racing.
After a while, again whas forced to drive off line because of my connection problems.

In the meantime, I was drivig online or offline depending how a been able to.
I finally bought my s2 license on the 12th June 2006.

beginning of 2006 I still had some times problems with connection, but mostly i whas very active

12.08.2007 I joined the CRO Racing Team. In the meantime, there was a lot of fun and very active moments

due to lack of time, sometimes i not drive for several months, but always come back..

see ya on track !
(CROtm) shoock
I found LFS in 2003 after getting tired of playing TOCA 2...I usually played it on my father's PC when mine still lived on 15GB of HDD.
I stopped playing it in 2005 after finding Flight Simulator and VBA so I could play Pokémon (what? I was 12!) and went back to playing it in early 2007 when I discovered the online world (and S2 patch V).
And finally in August 2008 I got to buy the S2 licence!
Senninha25, cursing at crashers since 2008!
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I think I found the game by accident on 2009 with my son. It was sponsored in Finland by a Sport TV Channel with a custom name "The fastest nation of the world" and there was some big League around that and the League was made very visible for readers of formula 1 news.

So we were curious enough to downloaded the game and joining demo races where we had really fun time even our driving skill were quite poor. Later in 2010 I decided to uninstall it because I was using too much time with it.

I never guessed I would re-install the game five years later (october 2015) since I did not play any computer games. It was just one rainy autumn day I was watching too many youtube videos from Nurburgring and I got the feeling I need to experience some racing feelings Smile
#56 - jkat
Quote from lucaf :I think I found the game by accident on 2009 with my son. It was sponsored in Finland by a Sport TV Channel with a custom name "The fastest nation of the world" and there was some big League around that and the League was made very visible for readers of formula 1 news.

You were one of thousands of others including me and my son who discovered lfs through this campaign. And by the way it was sponsored by MTV3 channel (MainosTeleVisio3=Commercial TV3) but was linked to Sport news mainly F1 in this channel.
Sadly this campaign (MNK) and the follower of it called 5laps were closed down by end of 2012. With this closing many finnish lfs demo or licensed players also retaired from lfs. 5laps still have a facebook account so you may (mainly finnish) refresh some good memories from that time.
https://www.facebook.com/5lapscom-179002885453086/
Quote from Fordman :22nd September 2002.....to be precise, the day I became a member of Racesimcentral Thumbs up

I wasn't far behind you and Forbin, demo in July 2003, joined that Sept. Proud to be a Cabbie Smile

p.s. Fordie has a 39 profile marker, that's the lowest I've seen.
Must have been 2006... read a test for the then new RFactor, and in the test's conclusion it was mentioned this new game could not kick some game called Live For Speed from its throne. Got the demo and the rest is history.
#59 - 5tag
Our group of friends had LAN Parties when we were teenagers. 2005 or 2006 one of them had me try out this racing game, which turned out to be LFS 0.5P. And yes it was cracked, sorry devs. :/

Eventually I played more and more Demo to race online. Got into screenshot editing and entered a skin competition to win an S2 voucher. Unfortunately I came second. When PayPal became a thing I gave my friend the money and paid the 36£ for my license.
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Blas89 : Silly me posted the same shit a long time ago.

From what year you are a LFS-player?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG