The online racing simulator
ya no lessons at school today and tommorw
(66 posts, started )
I somehow got a D in English and can spell and use grammar pretty well... I always figured my English teacher just didn't like me or something
Quote from Ryanry64 :I somehow got a D in English and can spell and use grammar pretty well... I always figured my English teacher just didn't like me or something

A B here, I'm useless at it. I have a spell checker built into Firefox. It's briliantt.

:noob:
I still can't figure out how I managed to get a D. Everyone in my class managed to get higher than that it seemed, even the dumb kids.

It's a conspiracy, a bloody conspiracy
I only came out of my grade 12 english with a 52% I believe... maybe it was 57%. I dunno, it was a 50-something.
Meh, the important thing is you're not doing it anymore. More time for LFS.

I was ok at the Literature side of English, but I do have to admit that there must be teacher conspiracies when it comes to marking. *sigh* Oh well.
Dont want to show off but I got 98% from english. Its only 6th grade but anyway, YAY!
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Dont want to show off but I got 98% from english. Its only 5th grade but anyway, YAY!

Show off!
Lol^^^ I accidently made myself younger because I wrote thast Im in 5th grade instead of 6th.
That's it, faster111. We need you to see the doctor right away....STAT!

It is time for an intervention!
Quote from mrbogeyman :stars?

Next time you go into MaccyD's look at the name tags the staff have The more stars the better they are.

Quote from MAGGOT :[EDIT] Just looked at your profile... 15!? You're 15 and you have not been taught grammar and spelling!?

Don't forget their is a difference between being taught, and not learning. I could try and teach my 90 year old neighbour how to build a computer, but I know 30 minutes later she'd have forgotten everything I told her.
I take, and I wish everyone else would take, a huge amount of pride in my written and spoken native language. There is no excuse for not writing well. I'm not a huge believer in dyslexia, as a lot of people say they have it to cover up the fac they can't be bothered, or don't read (I'm not saying dyslexia doesn't exist by the way, it's just sometimes used falsely as an excuse).

I know bin men that are extremely eloquent with their use of language, and I know chartered engineers that really struggle with spelling. In each case they try. But on a daily basis on the internet I see more and more people not using capitals, not using punctuation, and not caring. I think it's not only sad, I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

People in England stick first aid signs on the top of their cars at the first whiff of a kickball contest, but they won't 'support' England by using the language correctly. Patriotism comes in many forms, but 99% of people ONLY use it in reference to a unhealthy kickball team at Europe Cup time. (again, I'm not saying all football supporters are like this).

Faster has been repeated told that his English is appaling. So bad even 'foreigners' are telling him to buck up his ideas. And yet he still posts midles drifel cos he cant b boverd 2 spel proberly. Come on faster, if you have ANY self respect, or any respect for England, sort it out and make people think your IQ is in the double figures at least.

Notwithtstanding the above, typos can strike at any time without warning, and this sentence thus acts as a disclaimer
Quote from tristancliffe :Notwithtstanding the above, typos can strike at any time without warning, and this sentence thus acts as a disclaimer

Multiple times as well, apparantly

#38 - th84
Quote from tristancliffe :Faster has been repeated told that his English is appaling.

You can see that it's not getting any better. If his english is that appaling to you, why not add him to your ignore list and save yourself the grief that his poor spelling and lack of punctuation obviously causes you? (that was for everyone who seem's to have such trouble taking faster's shortcomings, not just tristan)
It's not really bad spelling that annoys Tristan I think, it's more the 'I can't be arsed to type so I'll forget grammar and type with half the vowels removed'

Atleast that's my theory. If you're English and older than 12 you really should be able to type in English
#40 - Smax
ApalLing indeed. Never mind, I suppose I should go and concentrate on the "kickball Europe Cup" instead of fuelling the fire futher. Perhaps Google might inform me as to what is.
#41 - th84
Quote from Ryanry64 :It's not really bad spelling that annoys Tristan I think, it's more the 'I can't be arsed to type so I'll forget grammar and type with half the vowels removed'

Atleast that's my theory. If you're English and older than 12 you really should be able to type in English

That take's me back to my question... why not ignore the guy and spare yourself if he bother's you so much? Is he really hurting anybody here to the point where he deserve's this constant flaming every time he make's a post for the past 6+ month's?
Agree with Th84. How you know it's dyslexia? Maybe he has different sickness or disability.
Quote from LawVS :...but I do have to admit that there must be teacher conspiracies when it comes to marking. *sigh* Oh well.

Couldn't agree more. My grade 7 english teacher tried to fail me, literally. She "lost" 5 assignments of mine, when they were in the middle of a pile of assignments, which were all returned. I know people make mistakes, but when a teacher seems to misplace several of your assignments you have to wonder. There are mistakes, and then there are "mistakes." I also had a religion teacher who tried to fail me... although, she was more straightforward with it. She at one point said something along the lines of "I will fail you this semester."

I've had some interesting experiences with teachers, but many of them great experiences. I enjoyed making my religion teacher admit that Christianity doesn't have all the answers and could indeed be the wrong religion.. hehehe...

Quote from tristancliffe :I take, and I wish everyone else would take, a huge amount of pride in my written and spoken native language... <snip>

Couldn't agree more. I find the same thing with countries' birthday celebrations. All of a sudden on July 1st every year everyone is proud to be Canadian, the rest of the year you'd think they were here on a work visa or something. Sickens me, really.

MAGGOT
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
I have no problem with WHAT Faster says, just ho he says it. I've already offered him a few hours of my time to make him quicker when he gets S2. I'm not joining in with the website bashing, and I'm not making snide comments, I'm just pointing out that he should try a bit harder when hitting the keyboard.

But I'm also not a fan of pointlessly sticking up for noobs. It seems to be th84 and stoney's job to stick up for people, as if critisism is a bad thing. Wake up. If no one ever got annoyed with people, or told them that a stone is a stone, or there team is worthless then they wouldn't ever learn anything. Unfortunately society, in the worldwide sense, demands that we are lenient of anything and everything. It is NOT the way it should be. People who are too pansy to accept critisism, or too pansy to see critisism given should just not say/suggest/type anything to be critisised about.
I have no problem with WHAT tristancliffe says, just ho he says it. I've already offered him a few hours of my time to make him quicker when he gets S2. I'm not joining in with the website bashing, and I'm not making snide comments, I'm just pointing out that he should try a bit harder when hitting the keyboard.

Bottomline, if you don't want to be ridiculed or critisized, don't put yourself in the position to in the first place, just don't leave yourself wide open.

People need to grow a thicker skin, in the "real world" if you don't you will get steamrolled into the ground, there is too much of this wishy-washy, kissy-huggy namby-pamby shite.

Dan,
Quote from tristancliffe :But I'm also not a fan of pointlessly sticking up for noobs. It seems to be th84 and stoney's job to stick up for people, as if critisism is a bad thing. Wake up. If no one ever got annoyed with people, or told them that a stone is a stone, or there team is worthless then they wouldn't ever learn anything. Unfortunately society, in the worldwide sense, demands that we are lenient of anything and everything. It is NOT the way it should be. People who are too pansy to accept critisism, or too pansy to see critisism given should just not say/suggest/type anything to be critisised about.

Quote from danowat :Bottomline, if you don't want to be ridiculed or critisized, don't put yourself in the position to in the first place, just don't leave yourself wide open.

People need to grow a thicker skin, in the "real world" if you don't you will get steamrolled into the ground, there is too much of this wishy-washy, kissy-huggy namby-pamby shite.

Dan,

Completely agree with both of you there.

Just so you know
Quote from Chris_Kerry :A B here, I'm useless at it. I have a spell checker built into Firefox. It's briliantt.

:noob:

Where did you get the spell checker from for firefox?
Quote from th84 :That take's me back to my question... why not ignore the guy and spare yourself if he bother's you so much? Is he really hurting anybody here to the point where he deserve's this constant flaming every time he make's a post for the past 6+ month's?

The problem is that this attitude towards spelling and grammar is becoming more and more common. I've just finished school and I've heard of the people in lower years writing English essays in so called `text` speak.

Our society these days just doesn't make it easy for teachers to come out and say to kids "you're grammar is cr*p" because they're scared that they'll be sued. I've seen someone get through 3 years of academy with no problems but he was lazy. He kept getting into more trouble and you know what he did ? He actually made the school class him as dyslexic so teachers couldn't force him to work. You know how I know ? because that sort of person boasts about that type of `victory`.

Unless something is done about the people who don't bother to learn English properly then forums could become full of this. Over the years I've looked up certain forums where more and more people are posting posts in their native language that doesn't make sense.

Yes you're probably going to say he is dyslexic, but that's no excuse in my books. My Dad is dyslexic and I didn't find out till I was 16 and that was because he got into a argument with someone who was using it as an excuse for being a twat. Where it affects my Dad the most is typing, he finds it hard to learn the order of the keys so has to look at them as he types but he is slowly improving. Just because it maybe harder for him he doesn't just give up and say, "I'm dyslexic."

I think the problem is so many people just want an excuse for not bothering to learn. In the end I feel it's more to his benefit that people are putting him under pressure because it may hit him one day; "oh, no one can understand my posts." In the end your native language is an important aspect to your life. If people can't understand you then you aren't going to do well at job interviews or filling in application forms. From what I can understand out of his post he has left school so really at this point in your life you should have developed all your crucial skills to a decent level

I agree with what Tristan says. When I type a post up on forums I'd like to think that it's structured well enough that people who talk English as a second language can understand it. I'm far from the best at English from any stretch of the imagination but even though I found it difficult at school I still stuck in to make sure I could write in a half decent manner.

In the end English has been very crucial to me in how I keep in touch with sponsors I've had and have. I have to write little reports to send to them so they need to be clear enough that they can understand them and take me seriously.

Keiran
#50 - th84
I don't feel like i stick up for "noobs" on this forum. Fatser is the only one ive ever spoken out about. My point is, his english isnt getting any better. but you grown men still feel the need to bash him at every chance. It just get's old seeing it, add him to your ignore list so you dont have to let him know how much better you are than him every time he post's.

ya no lessons at school today and tommorw
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG