The online racing simulator
ya no lessons at school today and tommorw
(66 posts, started )
Quote from th84 :I don't feel like i stick up for "noobs" on this forum. Fatser is the only one ive ever spoken out about. My point is, his english isnt getting any better. but you grown men still feel the need to bash him at every chance. It just get's old seeing it, add him to your ignore list so you dont have to let him know how much better you are than him every time he post's.

Tbh you seem to be beating around the bush here with the same old argument. What will forums be like in a few years time ? From what I've seen with the ever growing amount of similar people to Faster111 we will soon not be able to understand a single post.

He has been told by all sorts of people he needs to work on his grammar but he doesn't listen. I struggled with English but I worked hard on it to try do the best I could.

It's that sort of attitude you've shown there th84 that is the main reason for people like Faster111. Teachers end up having to give up because they can't get support from the child's parents. I've seen plenty of people like that at school and you know what ? It was getting worse. As the top year of our school we help out the younger people in the school and I was appalled to see the attitude of some people.

Personally I always feel that there's nothing you can't do it just depends how hard you want to work for it. There is nothing stopping Faster from opening a word programme and use it to correct his spelling. That's what I do and it helps me learn from my mistakes as they become apparent and if I get that word wrong more and more I realise I need to look at it better.

Keiran

You don't put people on the ingnore list because they don't know how to spell. Idiots go on the list, not people who might have something reasonable to say. I don't know if faster has anything to say but he isn't a trolling idiot.
English lessons are just a bit crap really (IMO). Always hated them. But I've always had good spelling (and reasonable grammar), plus I know never to start a sentence with a conjunction.
#54 - th84
@ kerian, i agree with alot of what you said, but faster has openly said he has some sort of learning disability, so imo he's not the same as the normal, bad spelling trolls.

I have a 28 year old cousin who has a underdeveloped brain, so he act's and spells etc etc much like faster does, so i kinda have a soft spot for people like faster(granted i dont know him, or alot about his situation, if it's true or not, but none of us do)

I dont have a problem with people telling him he spells like crap or his grammar is horrible, he knows it, as does everyone else, my problem comes from the insults that he seems to have to take every time he makes a post here, thats all.

I cant believe i was compared to stoney! /me crawls back in his hole :P
Quote from th84 :@ kerian, i agree with alot of what you said, but faster has openly said he has some sort of learning disability, so imo he's not the same as the normal, bad spelling trolls.

So? A lot of people do, doesn't mean they type like his using his ass to do it. My spelling is piss poor, as is my grammar, due to a learning disability I pretend I don't have, I just work on my English all the time. Most of the time when I'm "talking" (That should be typing really) to a friend she helps my spelling by correcting it when I cock up.

I don't run around screaming "RArarRARAR I CAnt spl cuz i iz fik so i typ lyk dis". I hate people with a passion who using some learning disability for not wanting to learn something. There is a big difference between being able, and not wanting to. I regret that in school I was in the not wanting to group as it's biting me in the arse now.
#56 - th84
Quote :I hate people with a passion who using some learning disability for not wanting to learn something

How can you tell which are using it as a excuse, and who really does have a hard time learning one thing or another due to some disability? My cousin has always tried very hard to learn thing's that could help him live a more productive life, but he just dont have the means to do so.Im used to defending him ever since elementary school, so its almost a habit to speak up for people like him. Call me what you want.
To be honest Faster has the ideal situation to improve his English usage on this very forum. Here we have a mix of native languages all using English very well mostly, we have light hearted topics, serious topics, flaming topics, technical topics, theoretical topics, improvement topics. Within those we have very good conversations about all sorts of things, from learning difficulties, speed limits, pollution, turbcharging, politics, stereotypes, cars, engineering, driving etc etc.

For someone who 'likes cars' this is the ideal place to learn LOTS of stuff. If you don't know something and want to know you can always ask here, and unless it's a really simple answer that should have been googled for in 3 seconds you'll create an interesting conversation.

Whilst you're learning about cars, politics or whatever, you can practise your English, you debating skills, your argument skills, your newbie tutoring skills, your spelling, your punctuation etc. Whilst the majority of people visit this forum, me included, to discuss LFS and help other people, it's also an ideal place for self-improvement. Someone in Faster's place could quite easily leave this forum in 6 months smelling of roses, not of old fish.

Easy really. But to do it he actually has to try, which is something we've been unable to acheive with him (though I did notice a capital I in one of posts yesterday!)

Edit: I suspect Faster doesn't have a serious mental condition - he's not a vegetable or anything. Dyslexia is overcomable with a bit of hard work. No, what Faster lacks is self respect. I've known the odd 'vegetable' in my time and I accept that they are not in a position to become English geniuses overnight. But I also suspect that Faster just doesn't care, and therefore has the image of a vegetable even if he has a 'capable' brain.
#58 - th84
Tristan, i agree 100% with that post, but where does the insult's come into play? How do those help him learn anything? I would just like to see people encourage him (which some people have) to do better, rather than tell him to come back when his IQ is in double digits.

I dont know if faster's disability is true or not, but i have to assume it is. I've had a few msn conversation's with him, and my gut tell's me it's true.

ps. I really like the fact that we can agree to disagree here without getting personal.
Quote from th84 :How can you tell which are using it as a excuse, and who really does have a hard time learning one thing or another due to some disability?

Well, in most cases, you can plainly see that someone is not trying to learn. Someone who genuinely has a difficult time but continually tries to rectify the situation will gain more respect than someone who actually can do it naturally, simply because they have to work harder. Someone who simply does not try - whether they have a disability or not - will not gain the respect.

Also, lets not forget that the forum rules state that you should use proper english, and not chat speak or any other form of improper speach. Learning the language and making mistakes is one thing, not bothering to try is another.

Also, Th84, I haven't taken a detailed look back through this, or any other, thread. I don't recall Tristan actually insulting faster. Some others have, but I don't directly recall Tristan saying anything insulting towards faster. Of course, Tristan has insulted society in general, but that's perfectly fine with me

Quote from th84 :ps. I really like the fact that we can agree to disagree here without getting personal.

Tis a nice experience, ain't it? The LFS community really is one of the best sim-racing communities around. Everyone should give themselves a pat on the back.
Quote from th84 :ps. I really like the fact that we can agree to disagree here without getting personal.

Agreed, and regardless of the English we use we must ensure that this continues
#61 - th84
Quote from MAGGOT :I haven't taken a detailed look back through this, or any other, thread. I dont recall Tristan actually insulting faster

I wasn't refering to tristan when i asked him that, he is just the person I directed my question too. I guess it just depend's on what you consider a insult. Maybe you should take a detailed look.
Ah, I thought you had directed that upon Tristan Yes, some people have been insulting, which should happen.
So..... how 'bout that last day of no lessons at school????
Yeah, I've had my last lessons today Next week is filled with 11 tests, so this year's not yet finished for me. If I **** up those tests, I'll have to double this year :mad:
Quote from hrtburnout :Yeah, I've had my last lessons today Next week is filled with 11 tests, so this year's not yet finished for me. If I **** up those tests, I'll have to double this year :mad:

Unlucky, I only had two exams, and they was last month (though I finished at the start of May, the exams wasn't until the end). But I'm so sure I failed. I spent too long correcting tutors, and not enough time working. But that's big headed computer geeks for you.

[note: Love the sig ]
My school ends on June 28 but Im going to Poland on 25 and since there is almost no learning in 6th grade now I probably will not go to school next week.

ya no lessons at school today and tommorw
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG