The online racing simulator
New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
Quote from logitekg25 :am i missing something? are those the same physic's engines, just different cars? same graphics?

not a joke

All done by Codebastards. Same shit, different day.
even OFP: Dragon rising has the same menu system.
for me, codemasters are great at turning hardcore sims into casual games.
F1 2010 for example. look at the bugs and the way it fabricates lap times. instead of the ai times being that of the ai drivers. look at the pit entry, they do it automatically because the market it's aimed at are not interested in driving into a pit box on their own. ai cars magically teleporting infront of you to enter the pits. cars become ghosts during the pit process.

they also bastardised OFP. filled the game with eye candy and completely missed the point to the original title (combat simulator). the race driver series used to be known as Toca (touring cars) and now it wouldn't look out of place at your local arcade.

and lets not talk about the Colin McRae series.

for me, WRC 2010 was a decent stab at rally racing. RBR kinda spoiled us. with such a polished physics engine and with the massive community mods out there, it should be all the rally sim you'll ever need.
but i like the look of the models in this game/sim. i also like the progressive dirt and dust that appears on my car too.
Quote from brandons48 :I like the way Ken Block finishes last nearly all the time.

...You mean he finishes?
Quote from dadge :so people would rather play a game that's been renamed over and over for the past 4 years?

dirt2,

If I'm not mistaken, that's still dirt 1
Quote from speed1230 :If I'm not mistaken, that's still dirt 1

from what i'm reading on wikipedia...

- dirt 1 uses the neon engine
- grid 1 uses the ego 1.0 engine, which is an updated neon version
- dirt 2 uses an updated ego engine, but doesn't list a version number, i'm assuming somewhere inbetween 1.0 and 1.5
- f1 2010 uses the ego 1.5 engine

in a way, i guess they're all the same basic engine.

one thing i don't get, is if this is codemasters' engine, why didn't they just make the game instead of milestone/blackbean?
I think I meant that the actual screenshot he had for Dirt 2 is actually the first dirt. oops
Quote from dadge :it must be something with your system because it's not that bad on my pc. and i can control the power slides in every corner, so maybe you're controlling it wrong.

sorry i was referring to console version using a control pad, which is the wrong way to control a car. maybe a tweak of diff balance might help.
I went and bought the game for xbox360. Had quite low expectations after the demo, but oh well, i love rally games.

Was quite surprised with the game actually. Once you get over the sometimes lacking graphics (no blur and all that crap is welcome, but texture mapping and a few other things are really not done very well), it's actually a decent rally game with some great stages. Cars behave nice. It's not RBR for sure, but WAY better than Dirt2.

I like this game because it feels a lot like the old CMR/WRC games. Remember, they've always been fun to play.

One thing that pissed me off is the way games get released tho. So i bought the game, only to realize that the Group B cars are not included... they are DLC released at the game release day... you can buy them for 400MS Points...
Quote from jibber :I went and bought the game for xbox360. Had quite low expectations after the demo, but oh well, i love rally games.

Was quite surprised with the game actually. Once you get over the sometimes lacking graphics (no blur and all that crap is welcome, but texture mapping and a few other things are really not done very well), it's actually a decent rally game with some great stages. Cars behave nice. It's not RBR for sure, but WAY better than Dirt2.

I like this game because it feels a lot like the old CMR/WRC games. Remember, they've always been fun to play.

One thing that pissed me off is the way games get released tho. So i bought the game, only to realize that the Group B cars are not included... they are DLC released at the game release day... you can buy them for 400MS Points...

dude, get the pc version. the group B are included.

Quote from anttt69 :sorry i was referring to console version using a control pad, which is the wrong way to control a car. maybe a tweak of diff balance might help.

i like understeer in my cars so i dial in understeer straight away. helps when i get my scandinavian flick on

Quote from speed1230 :If I'm not mistaken, that's still dirt 1

still not much different.
Played this online last night for six hours straight. Group B cars. Simply awesome!

You see the other players as ghost cars or can turn them off if you prefer. I usually don't like ghost cars, but for rallying it works. Sometimes the carnage on Dirt2 was fun, but meh, it isn't the point of rally.

Reminded me a lot of the online races i had on Microsoft's Rally Challenge back in the days on xbox.

It's not the prettiest game, nor does it have the most detailed physics, but it's lots of fun!
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
I'm in the half of that carrer mode and I really enjoy the game. Graphics are the weakest part of the game for sure. Most anoying thing is that you have to drive with lights turned off at dusk, because they were to lazy to implement dynamic lighting into the game. Car models have more polygons than NFS:SHIFT ones (checked) but again, devs were too lazy to even texture the lights. I still think that some tracks look really nice and at some points the game looks quite cool.
More important than graphics is of course the drive model and it's very good in this one. As for arcade game cars act pretty realisticly when all aids are turned off. You can clearly feel the difference between FWD cars and AWD ones.There is 13 rallys with 78 stages, which is very good comparing to any other rally game we had. Every rally feels different. Looking at the enviorement you can guess which country you are at. I didn't experniced this in DIRT 2, rainy Japan looked like sunny desert... every track looked like desert.
I think some tracks are a bit too flat and a bit too wide, but maybe it's just me. Another strong side of the game is of course that it's WRC licensed.

To sum it up, since there is not much competition in the rally games genre, I think WRC 2010 is really worth attention. If you are "there is no DX12, this game sucks!!!11" kind of persone you won't like it for sure.

It reminds me CMR series, which I always loved. I'm having more fun with this game than I had with DIRT2.
To me, this is like most Blackbean games, at the budget end of the market, hence I tend to wait till they (invaribly) get heavily discounted.

I had brought every incarnation of their SBK games (all for around £10) and V8 supercars NC, like WRC, these are ultimately budget games, however, it does not stop them from being fun.

The WRC demo was quite fun, graphically pretty poor, but the physics are fun enough to warrant a playthrough.

New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG