The online racing simulator
New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
Quote from Racer X NZ :So it's a Volvo simulator ?

Nah, if a Volvo hit Finland at 140mph they would have to write off Finland.
CRAP

Sound is absolutely diabolical aswell
Quote from Gabkicks :from what i've read, there's no support for logitech wheels. what a fail.

Weird, I had no issues with my MOMO.
Quote from Gabkicks :The demo's out from what i've read, there's no support for logitech wheels. what a fail.

http://www.virtualr.net/world- ... ionship-pc-demo-released/

well perhaps its partially true,

ive got logitech DFP and only problem i have that my pedals are on the same axis...and not possible to change it...

on the game: ive tried the demo and physics is far from RBR, cars sounds weird...but ill also try full version because its far better than those codemasters games
I have to say, I was impressed by the "fun factor".

Nifty little game to pass time on. Looking forward to full version.
ITT: A game that has finnish rally that doesn't look like Finland at all

Other than that, I can't seem to select brake in separate axis mode, because it goes up all the time so i need to push my gas pedal 50% down. With combined axles, i can not select brake at all, so i fixed that by using clutch pedal as brake

The graphics are decent, some graphical bugs are to be spotted, but in the end, I can say to me, it looks better than Dirt 2 imo, better force feedback and stuff.
Well from that picture, it isn't graphically better than Dirt2
To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the demo. Graphics are pretty bad and the cars are way to slippery. It is fun at first, but I think it is a game that you'll get bored of very quickly, and I doubt it is worth the full RRP. If you are looking for a good off-roading game, get DiRT 2.
Quote from jrd.racer :Well from that picture, it isn't graphically better than Dirt2

Looking at the picture, it doesn't even reach DiRT 1.
This game is bad ... It plays like an upscaled xbox or ps2 game...
i thought it was a good game. the graphics are good. no bloom which for me is a big bonus. no stupid dancing dashboard toys either. the car models are very nice and the cars handle good on all surfaces. the handbrake is a bit too sharp but you can't have everything your own way.
combining your throttle axis sorts out the whole throttle issue talked about above. i don't mind that the game doesn't call me Dave and there's no Red Bull advertising to be seen.
Dirt2 was arcade, RBR was Sim. this is in the middle.
Having a combined axis does away with left foot braking though.
If this is the only solution, it is a large oversight on their part.
assigning your clutch as a brake is also a solution. imo, the bugs that are in F1 2010 are alot worse than the bugs in WRC 2010.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
then go for solution 1.
Not impressed, over steers like crazy in lower gears & the engine sounds like someone murdering a food blender.
it must be something with your system because it's not that bad on my pc. and i can control the power slides in every corner, so maybe you're controlling it wrong.
Wow. 100% console conversion to an unplayable pc version. how can you even release suche a version. Amazing how the creators just save the time & money to make it a good pc game and rather go for making a PS3, Xbox version. For me literally one of the worst games ever played.

Just dont buy it, play it, come near it. Play RBR
am i playing a different game to everyone else?
OR... are they bashing it because it does not have: awusum graphics with loads of bloom/Awesome physichs that beat RBR.
#48 - JJ72
physics is no way RBR, or at least on the current sub-par stage surface modelling it doesn't feel as sophisticated. It has quite reasonable car behavior and grip limit though, semi-sim? or maybe quarter-sim would be a closer description.

If it is released 3 years ago it probably would have been an alright game, but in modern times for a game with official licensing it seems dated and underfunded.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from JJ72 :physics is no way RBR, or at least on the current sub-par stage surface modelling it doesn't feel as sophisticated. It has quite reasonable car behavior and grip limit though, semi-sim? or maybe quarter-sim would be a closer description.

If it is released 3 years ago it probably would have been an alright game, but in modern times for a game with official licensing it seems dated and underfunded.

so people would rather play a game that's been renamed over and over for the past 4 years?
race driver grid,

dirt1,

dirt2,

f1 2010

same shit, same bucket, only this time we're calling the bucket a container. if being underfunded means that you don't use the same menu system for 4 years over multiple games then i'll go for underfunded every time.
am i missing something? are those the same physic's engines, just different cars? same graphics?

not a joke

New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG