The online racing simulator
New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
#1 - JJ72
New WRC game
The game is WIP and so far has very little press, but I just found a demo on XBL, downloading as I speak. gonna check it out and see if it is worth any sort of attention.
I have seen many videos from this and im not going to even download the demo, so horrible by the video demonstrations.
#5 - JJ72
yeah it's pretty dated and low res all around. everything is bland and although no big faults, don't have much breakthrough as well. (it does have some speed metal in the replay mode!)
It seems you don't even have to use your wheel.
<180° of it anyways.
tbh these days wrc isn't as good without Subaru, Mitsubishi, Lancia or Audi. Mostly Ford v Citroen
Unless any of them return I'm probably not going to play any WRC games
Question: Is there any rallye game that has proper narrow roads like RBR? Every other Game I've played only had gravel Autobahns, this new one too.

greetz

der RBR is still great butz
Quote from speed1230 :tbh these days wrc isn't as good without Subaru, Mitsubishi, Lancia or Audi. Mostly Ford v Citroen
Unless any of them return I'm probably not going to play any WRC games

This is very true, even if just the Mitsubishi's and the Scooby's returned it would be far more entertaining.
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :This is very true, even if just the Mitsubishi's and the Scooby's returned it would be far more entertaining.

agreed, that wales rally of 1998 was pretty dramatic and now is always seeing Loeb win
Edit: Same with BTCC too, loved it in the 1990s and then the best manufactuers pulled out
Quote from speed1230 :agreed, that wales rally of 1998 was pretty dramatic and now is always seeing Loeb win

Well atleast his consistent :P
What a shocking excuse for a rally game. Everything about it is terrible. It looks and plays like an old Playstation game, a bad one at that.
Quote from speed1230 :
Edit: Same with BTCC too, loved it in the 1990s and then the best manufactuers pulled out

who really cares about manufacturers? BTCC is as interesting as it ever was right now. Not quite as top-notch, but as interesting surely.

WRC is in an awful boring state now though. Loeb makes everything boring and lame.
It's a bad sign (back on topic now ) when the track is 5 times wider than the car.
For the record, Loeb got his ass handed to him in Japan. And he lost the first round. And two other rounds this season. Extraordinarily talented, yes. Invincible, hardly.

I think Ogier could one day unseat him. Shows a hell of a lot of promise.
Reckon he was holding back a little so he can claim the drivers title in the forthcoming "home" race
Quote from MAGGOT :For the record, Loeb got his ass handed to him in Japan. And he lost the first round. And two other rounds this season. Extraordinarily talented, yes. Invincible, hardly.

I think Ogier could one day unseat him. Shows a hell of a lot of promise.

rally is dead tho...

its Far too heavily made " PG ".

i think the 400+ bhp monsters where stupid but we have the tech to make them again... this time...

they'll be better.

the 1 million pesso shitreon Gee4.

OT: game looks more fun then lfs anyways
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :What a shocking excuse for a rally game. Everything about it is terrible. It looks and plays like an old Playstation game, a bad one at that.

This sums it up nicely.
Quote from jibber :This sums it up nicely.

Looks better than DIRT and its hollywood cartoon realism and circle jerk homo back patting comments at every other turn tho...
Quote from Foilpact :Looks better than DIRT and its hollywood cartoon realism and circle jerk homo back patting comments at every other turn tho...

It looks like the graphics had a terrible car accident and plastic surgery wasn't an option anymore.

I'm all for graphics that look a bit "grainy" and rough without tons of motion blur and such things, but this is just bad quality, no excuses.
Its true, the graphics are pretty murky, seems like the filtering is all up the fritz.

However, I was actually pleasently suprised with the physics......
Quote from jibber :It looks like the graphics had a terrible car accident and plastic surgery wasn't an option anymore.

I'm all for graphics that look a bit "grainy" and rough without tons of motion blur and such things, but this is just bad quality, no excuses.

If graphics were important then i doubt we would still be here playing LFS with its 7 year old Carmageddon gfx...
Quote from Foilpact :Looks better than DIRT and its hollywood cartoon realism and circle jerk homo back patting comments at every other turn tho...

It doesn't look better than DIRT, and when you crash into something at 140mph in DIRT you destroy your car, in this game your wing mirror falls off.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It doesn't look better than DIRT, and when you crash into something at 140mph in DIRT you destroy your car, in this game your wing mirror falls off.

So it's a Volvo simulator ?
Quote from Foilpact :If graphics were important then i doubt we would still be here playing LFS with its 7 year old Carmageddon gfx...

I still don't get the LFS graphics hate... I think LFS's graphics are gorgeous, especially at BEW and SO. It looks so authentic, whereas everything else out there right now is all post-processed and glitzy and fake.

New WRC game
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG