The online racing simulator

Poll : Which track for GT9 restriction test race?

Closed since :
KY3B
BL1R
A.N.Other
CBA
Quote from cargame.nl :nice way of communicating.

Well if you know it all, show me a 2.21 lap then with less fuel, r3r2 and the same track layout. Nobody did a 2.21 or even a 2.22 so it still all is theoretical.

Noone ever said FXR is as fast as the other two, it's just faster than shown in that race. It's also not a track where FXR is supposed to be good at. If you wanna have a chance to win you've got to wait for the S1 track races.
Can i get :P
#79 - CSF
FXR will not be getting any less restriction. It will be a mile quicker at certain tracks in the season and to make it as quick AND easier to drive at a track like KY3 or Aston would be hillarious. GTFXR.

Also please lets not take opinions of drivers from their performances on the cargame server into the GTAL discussion. That is like comparing chalk and cheese, it just isn't the same and is a waste of energy fighting about a pointless and quite frankly laughable argument.
Quote from z-ro 8 :the only point that statement made was that the two CoRe drivers that were 3 and 4, and were "catching the leaders until they decided to race each other" aren't worthy FZR drivers.

Sounds like an insult to me, which is not necessary. Don't you think? You do like to give your opinion quite often....

No, not at all. I fully respect that this is an amateur league, that is the whole point with the credentials of the league. However, what I'm saying is that the balancing should be based on the cars at their limits, rather than left in the hands of drivers who didn't bother to practice, and who are perhaps not totally at ease with the GT2's to drive it on the limit. That way, we're able to understand the full potential of the cars with these restrictions, and isn't that a good thing? Otherwise, FXR would end up having an even WORSE restriction, as in the hands of a "less capable driver" (sorry for my poor choice of vocab) it will surely set better lap times than it would in an XRR or FZR? Drivers preferences tend to matter less the higher up the scale you go, and that is important in determining a neutral, fair and balanced selection.

That way, we can get down to business in the real thing, that truly matters, and have a great season of GTAL! Whether that is with the old or new restrictions, is something that is up to the admins to decide. Whatever the result, we must respect their decision, some people have actually tried to contribute data to balancing the cars fairly, and this is what will decide the end choice of the NDR admins.

Quote from cargame.nl :Well if you know it all, show me a 2.21 lap then with less fuel, r3r2 and the same track layout. Nobody did a 2.21 or even a 2.22 so it still all is theoretical.

Good luck getting an FXR to do 2:21 at possibly it's worst track on the calendar.. :S

That's the whole point, FXR WILL be around a second per lap slower than the other two at this track, the characteristics of this circuit completely do not suit the FXR, if you tried to match the FXR with the FZR & XRR at a track like this, every team would choose the car for its performance, and the fact that it's by far the easiest to drive, and the 4WD means you can go many different ways in the setup with it, whilst XRR/FZR are fairly limited.

Whilst this is an amateur league, you'll still try to pick the car that suits and/or is best for you and your team, that's normal.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from CSF :Also please lets not take opinions of drivers on the cargame server into the GTAL discussion. That is like comparing chalk and cheese, it just isn't the same and is a waste of energy fighting about a pointless and quite frankly laughable argument.

I am just left speechless after this comment. Really.

What are you thinking?
#82 - CSF
I'm thinking that the people on your servers aren't really the cream of the crop in terms of LFS Racing in Endurance terms. Harveys a good driver yes, but you are rather restricting your viewpoint here tbh if you think it's fair to use your view point on him as a fair reflection on where the FXR is and him only. We are trying to get the balancing right and we aren't going to get there by these discussions. What are you thinking?
That you must feel pretty lonely if you have such an opinion about nearly 10.000 different racers who scored at least a point. To be in the top 2.000 you need to have more than 100 points. Do you have any idea how many people we are talking about here and how many people have some or a lot of endurance race experience already? That you feel to good to join is your own personal thing.

For your information, the main objective of endurance racing is to keep the car on track, don't get serious damage, doing pit stops right...

People who race on our servers are trained to do all of the above. Hell, even a lot of league racers participate in every day pick up racing.

Being fast in endurance racing is one of the last things to care about. But, any child can see that the FXR is one or two seconds slower on KY3B and if this is a bad track then why choose this track to do the test anyway. (facepalm).

What more do I think? Well I might better be wise to not write that down here.

Only thing I wonder is why this is called Amateur League if you can't handle opinions of amateurs.
#84 - CSF
Quote from cargame.nl :
For your information, the main objective of endurance racing is to keep the car on track, don't get serious damage, doing pit stops right...

People who race on our servers are trained to do all of the above. Hell, even a lot of league racers participate in every day pick up racing.

Being fast in endurance racing is one of the last things to care about. But, any child can see that the FXR is one or two seconds slower on KY3B and if this is a bad track then why choose this track to do the test anyway. (facepalm).

You are right you are a n00b in LFS endurance racing so you will learn soon that speed is everything.

Why KY3B? Well it's simple, we aren't trying to make the FXR as fast as the XRR/FZR on certain tracks, but we know it will be faster on SO4r/Fern Bay. If we test there and make the FXR/FZR/XRR balanced we will have the FZR/XRR miles quicker again at KY3b. It's that simple why we did KY3b. Also from our testing we know BL1 will be pretty equal, hence why the 12 hour race is there to give all types of car a chance in the longest and final round.

Quote :What more do I think? Well I might better be wise to not write that down here.

Only thing I wonder is why this is called Amateur League if you can't handle opinions of amateurs.

I can, just not when it seems you are comparing what happens on your server to what happens on here with your assessment of where the FXR should be. That is not useful information to us at all as it is different between public and league endurance racing. There are different factors such as fuel, tyre wear, length of stint, damage over stint on certain tracks that different cars pick up, etc that are not relevant in a pick up race.

I'm sorry if I came across a bit agressive, just one of my traits I guess.
Quote from cargame.nl :That you must feel pretty lonely if you have such an opinion about nearly 10.000 different racers who scored at least a point. To be in the top 2.000 you need to have more than 100 points. Do you have any idea how many people we are talking about here and how many people have some or a lot of endurance race experience already? That you feel to good to join is your own personal thing.

On the endurance front, I partly agree. However, to suggest pace is a small factor in endurance racing is ridiculous, simply keeping the car on the track isn't enough, and it's not what endurance racing is about, and that is not the way to learn IMO. Ofc, the league encourages clean, disciplined racing, but this is simply a build-up to the higher leagues on LFS. If anything, the pace should be the key factor a driver has, and doing endurance races like this can teach them the lessons of keeping the car on track, when to push, e.t.c.

Besides, just because KY3B doesn't suit the FXR doesn't mean it is useless information, that way, we could figure at least how much the FXR suffers out on the XRR/FZR proving grounds, however, I would like to see a test race at South City or Fern Bay or something, but that doesn't look like it will happen. FXR however must be a slower car (only very slightly, though) it's very easy to be substantially consistent with it, it's good in windy conditions, good in gravel traps, very easy to drive, and has the 4WD option, which makes it supreme in traction zones, and, as I said earlier, is very easy to go different ways in the setup with it to suit someone's driving style.

As long as it's losing 1-1.5s a lap at KY3B (which is what I predict it will do at it's limits, not to mention the fact that KY3 is a VERY long track) then it should be (with the new restrictions) the quickest car at South City and Fern Bay, as demonstrated by Gebauer and Gehammer last season respectively with the old restrictions. At tracks like this, the XRR simply cannot compete, the turbo lag costs the car substantially, and at Fern Bay at least, it's high centre of gravity means it's very vulnerable to flipping, or two-wheeling at least, plus, XRR reacts badly to damage, something which will be very common at South City, wall taps will not be uncommon.

So, that means that FZR will be it's only challenger at the tight, twisty tracks of South City and Fern Bay, but, due to the fact it's the only car of the three that doesn't have a turbo, it's power is the one that has suffered most with the new restrictions, which will make the car a fundamentally slightly slower package, whereas FXR managed to comfortably beat the FZR which had numerous fast drivers in last season.

Overall, if you think FXR is suffering too much, when the proposed new restrictions actually aim to IMPROVE itself and the XRR over the dominant FZR last season, then you're just asking too much IMO, FXR would destroy with 23%, and due to it's traits (as discussed above) then IT would be the dominant package, and that should not be the case.
Quote from cargame.nl :That you must feel pretty lonely if you have such an opinion about nearly 10.000 different racers who scored at least a point. To be in the top 2.000 you need to have more than 100 points. Do you have any idea how many people we are talking about here and how many people have some or a lot of endurance race experience already? That you feel to good to join is your own personal thing.

I think you'll find (edit: have found)that there is strong disagreement with your statement that going fast isn't as important as the other factors and that keeping the car on the track etc, are more important. Going fast is equally important in endurance racing to succeed as it is in sprint racing, likewise for the damage control. The only real differences in endurance racing is the strategy involved and the (for lack of a better word) lower limits that both the car and drivers have in endurance racing. These differences boil down to choices. The car is still driven as fast as possible in the limiting conditions.

Perhaps the tone of what's being said isn't the one I'd use (it's improved markedly today), but I agree with the belief that the FX9 wasn't pushed as closely to its limits as the XR9s and the FZ9s. I will also agree that KY3b isn't a good example of how successful the FX9 will eventually be. In a private conversation, an elite driver involved in the restriction debate has stated that he believes that all 3 cars have the ability to win the championship. He made the statement in good faith, and I think he may be right. I believe that while some may disagree with the conclusions made (and the dissenters are entitled), the administration team and their helpers are working to make a fair series. They're attempting to even out the series, using the points formula as well as car balancing to ensure an equitable league overall, and I thank them for it.
#87 - CSF
Quote from CSF :FXR will not be getting any less restriction. It will be a mile quicker at certain tracks in the season and to make it as quick AND easier to drive at a track like KY3 or Aston would be hillarious. GTFXR.

Also please lets not take opinions of drivers from their performances on the cargame server into the GTAL discussion. That is like comparing chalk and cheese, it just isn't the same and is a waste of energy fighting about a pointless and quite frankly laughable argument.

D'oh this is what I mean. My apologies I now see why I got that reaction. Must re-read my own posts. :P
Yes that was indeed something that triggered me.

But aanyywaayyzz... Quote from other forum;

Quote :Lastly, we are all open to suggestions on what should be done with the restrictions to end this discussion

I think the restrictions are OK at the moment (after reading all opinions, remarks, track blabla). Just don't say 2.22 or 2.21 is possible because it is not. FXR+24% is considerably slower on KY3/modded chicane. So be it.

You currently have track rotation on the practice server? It soon will show if the differences on other tracks have such a big gap or not.
Quote from PMD9409 :
We checked the data, and took out laptimes 2:26 and above (would be driver error obviously) and these were the averages over the course of a stint:

Tormala: XRR: 2:23.65
Seppam: XRR: 2:23.66
Kaique: FZR: 2:23.73
Ruben: FZR: 2:23.92 (had one off)
Pedro: FZR: 2:23.99 (had one off, with Ruben funny enough ).

That's the data I posted last night from the test race.

Quote from cargame.nl :
I think the restrictions are OK at the moment (after reading all opinions, remarks, track blabla). Just don't say 2.22 or 2.21 is possible because it is not. FXR+24% is considerably slower on KY3/modded chicane. So be it.

Check Boothy's post, I did 2 2:22's in race trim on a thrown together race set.

Quote :
You currently have track rotation on the practice server? It soon will show if the differences on other tracks have such a big gap or not.

That testing was already done on several tracks (pretty much the whole current schedule), and on all the S1 tracks the FXR seemed to be faster in race trim.

Quote from boothy :http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=r ... MD9409&raceId=6480549 Sure PMD will post the replay/stats later.

Proof for you there cargame, and if you want an even more shocking stat.

Phil: FX9: 2:23.78 over the course of 1h 7min
Phil: FX9: 2:23.65 over the course of 1h.

As previously stated, the average in the test race was a 2:23.65 for the winner.

I don't know how much more data I have to show you for you to understand that the FXR is by no means "slow".
could someone from "aliens" take FX9 and drive few laps on KY3B, set 2:22:XX time to prove it is possible to do it just to end this possibly eternal discussion?

and if someone thinks that FXR is slower than XRR why choosing FXR then? why havent you taken one of the faster ones...noone would have blamed you
Quote from bavorak :could someone from "aliens" take FX9 and drive few laps on KY3B, set 2:22:XX time to prove it is possible to do it just to end this possibly eternal discussion?

and if someone thinks that FXR is slower than XRR why choosing FXR then? why havent you taken one of the faster ones...noone would have blamed you

Did you not read anything above?!
Quote from boothy :http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=r ... MD9409&raceId=6480549 Sure PMD will post the replay/stats later.

Quote from PMD9409 :
I don't know how much more data I have to show you for you to understand that the FXR is by no means "slow".

No for me personally it's OK now.

Move on.
Quote from Seb66 :Did you not read anything above?!

I must have missed that one...I thought noone even tried when I saw someone was still argueing
Quote from bavorak :I must have missed that one...I thought noone even tried when I saw someone was still argueing

Hehe, that's why some people got a bit aggressive in some posts. The laptimes and everything have been shown many many times, but I think finally it is all over.
Its about time too.

GT9 Restriction Test Race
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG