The online racing simulator

Poll : Which track for GT9 restriction test race?

Closed since :
KY3B
BL1R
A.N.Other
CBA
I think it's time to declare the track, because left few days before the race. I also think that air restriction should remain the same as last season, because everything was fine, it was possible to win with each car.
The track is KY3B, it's been set on the server
mpwr will come...hopefully there will be enough space for two racers from our team
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Me and Jarda from Angel Power Racing will come too.
Not sure if it is still a possibility or not, but there might be two servers if there are well over 30 cars. It was a thought for the test race (the more cars the better right?) but I dont know if Deko and other admins will do this. Just throwing that out there if some teams want to have multiple drivers attend.
I have a server available to loan if need be.
Lemme know.
Quote from PMD9409 :Not sure if it is still a possibility or not, but there might be two servers if there are well over 30 cars. It was a thought for the test race (the more cars the better right?) but I dont know if Deko and other admins will do this. Just throwing that out there if some teams want to have multiple drivers attend.

yes we do, as we take it as a practice and would like to race each our own car in the test race
Yes we will have 2 servers if needed. Password is in the first post, server(s) will be passworded just before qualifying.

One thing you need to do if racing is put your name in NDR format, XX J. Hut - just pick any number, but no skins, numberplates or any other shite needed. Just turn up and drive as fast as you can - whether for 2 hours on your own or with a mate.

And just to confirm, it's a standing start.
about the boothy chicane...is there some penalty for collecting the orange post which is in apex of the chicane?
Not really, but just don't start hitting the tyre all the time.

We'll have quali on 2 servers to make it less congested.
Quite good stint from me

We started from back, and I was racing with some guys a few laps before hitted to the curb and got to the roof. Then pitted and back to racing.
Was lapping something ~45 minutes without big mistakes and then to the pits.

Hopefully this is not my last endurance stint though
I enjoyed that and thought I was doing good, then I timed out, was very laggy for me.
unfortunately...I am writing here before the end of the race
Q: surprisingly for me 5th place and I could do better
Race: in first lap I lost a lot of positions...as usual...I have never had a good start...then I started to gain some and after few laps I had unpleasant accident with some FXR (I dont know who it was and I think it was fault of both of us) on the finish straight and fell on 20th position...I was overtaking and overtaking...did some good laps...even improved my pb...then went to pit...gained two positions in pits and starting to close up on 7th place...I could be 3-4 seconds behind when after going under the bridge I steered to early, hit the kerb and ended up on the roof...

I am quite dissapointed...I wanted to have a good race before my longer break from lfs and I also wanted to make at least a small impression with my driving skills to show organizators that our team should be in GTAL this year...unfortunately...everything went wrong
Interesting tho, now xrr seems even with fzr speedwise but you cannot runaway from the fact that xrr uses its tires better, drinks less fuel. So that makes it with the given restrictions the obvious choice.
However fxr still looks as poor as it's ever been, fails to use its tires potential.

Its more on the suggestion side to slide:
back the fzr to 20% because even on power tracks like ky3 where it should be the king of the hill xrr keeps up with it no problems at all yet xrr pits in for less fuel and makes longer stints than fzr.

Overall: comparing lap per lap times xrr=fzr but with all the other factors it (depending on race length) chances are leaning towards xrr.
Safe to say quali was crap for me and it showed when I did a 2.24.31 in race and all I could manage in quali was 2.26.something so we started low down.

Then I drove pretty well for me. Managed to drive quite cleanly, wasnt far off the leading fxr pace (I think I was .17 off the FXR fastest lap) and I was pretty consistent so I am very pleased with that stint. Probably best I have ever driven in LFS to date

Cant wait to get the season under way
I wanted to apologize to team 88 for the incident at lap 6, totally my fault wrong braking point, I didn't mean to, sorry.

Fastest FXR in 8th place with a lot of deconnexions. 2:24.14 was realistcally the best I could do with a set that lasts an hour.
So, who decided to restrict FXR to 24% anyway? Clearly the slowest car now because of that.

(Not that I am fast but see post above)
Quote from cargame.nl :So, who decided to restrict FXR to 24% anyway? Clearly the slowest car now because of that.

(Not that I am fast but see post above)

Try FZR son
We want the old restrictions..
Quote from TexasLTU :Try FZR son

Everyone in a FZR, is that the plan? Ppff

Just call it FZAL then
FXR would b much better at 23% :/ I couldnt even keep up with FZR's in straight
No wonder, you were on R4s, and when you make the FZR equal at KY3 what do you think happens at SO4R?
If FZR had a capable driver, it would've destroyed the XRR's laptimes, I'm sure of it. I was consistently running half a second a lap quicker than XRR, not only at start, when FZR had more fuel onboard, but also at the end, when XRR had better tyres. That really surprised me tbh, but, whether the set used for XRR wasn't efficient enough, or the restriction changes have done **** all to slow down FZR is yet to be known; AS4R will prove that I guess.

Quote from Bmxtwins :FXR would b much better at 23% :/ I couldnt even keep up with FZR's in straight

Just don't even bother, your information is useless to "us".

Anyway, you FXR guys, wait until you get to FE4, SO4R, and BL1, you'll soon realise the FXR strengths IMO.
SO4R? Tell me?

Just watch the attachment. FZ2 is also fastest there, with 'normal' Airio GT2 restrictions
Attached images
so4r_gt2.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG