The online racing simulator

Poll : Which track for GT9 restriction test race?

Closed since :
KY3B
BL1R
A.N.Other
CBA
Quote from cargame.nl :SO4R? Tell me?

Just watch the attachment. FZ2 is also fastest there, with 'normal' Airio GT2 restrictions

In an endurance race, a single lap time means sod all. Look at averages, and how the times and cars behave over an extended period.
Quote from ZanZi :
Its more on the suggestion side to slide:
back the fzr to 20% because even on power tracks like ky3 where it should be the king of the hill xrr keeps up with it no problems at all yet xrr pits in for less fuel and makes longer stints than fzr.

I don't understand your logic. So basically, the FZR should be faster at not only the slower tracks, but at the faster tracks too? Surely that isn't very good "balancing".

Quote from cargame.nl :So, who decided to restrict FXR to 24% anyway? Clearly the slowest car now because of that.

(Not that I am fast but see post above)

So, who decided to post without seeing proper times from the FXR? The FXR could do mid 24s easily from the start of the stint, so that means it could get into the high 22s or low 23s by end of stint. Thus the times in the test race were the limits of the driver's abilities, and not the car's ability.

Also the pic of SO4R times don't really prove much. My time was not in a FX2, plus I was on a race set.

Quote from TexasLTU :Try FZR son

Exactly, and see it's not as slow as people make it out to be. Even in the test race the 2 FZRs in 3rd and 4th were catching the two leaders until they decided to battle and push each other off track.

Plus the fact that Simon was running low to mid 23s off the start in the FZR only a couple nights ago shows it still has potential. Sadly he wasn't able to enter the test race because he had OWRL F1 .
Quote from PMD9409 :

So, who decided to post without seeing proper times from the FXR? The FXR could do mid 24s easily from the start of the stint, so that means it could get into the high 22s or low 23s by end of stint. Thus the times in the test race were the limits of the driver's abilities, and not the car's ability.

If you read carefully you notice that I refer to the post of Harvey, one of the faster racers in this game. He could do a time of 2min24 at best with a FXR.
Quote from SCA-F1 :If FZR had a capable driver...

Really not the way to encourage people to join a league in a sim that is already suffering....
Quote from PMD9409 :I don't understand your logic. So basically, the FZR should be faster at not only the slower tracks, but at the faster tracks too? Surely that isn't very good "balancing".

What im saying is that there should be 3 ways to win an endurance race in these endu like leagues.
1) FZR style - being fastest but using more resources for that speed (fuel/tires/driver effort/setup making)
2) XRR style - 2nd fastest, fuel and tire efficient, stretching the stint length which would lead to less pitstops in the longer races.
3) FXR style - consistency above all, staying out of any trouble.

With the current restrictions fzr loses the main advantage its got.
Im not complaining for any of the short races tho dont get me wrong, its in the long term where things get a bit unbalanced because if xrr could stretch its stints to 65~70min it would pit 1~2 times less than fzr through the length of the race which you can calculate how much fzr will lose.

These discussions have been lead before and will continue right untill people realise its all about compromise. Either choose fastest car,pit more or slower car pit less and gain the lost time with fewer pits.
Quote from cargame.nl :If you read carefully you notice that I refer to the post of Harvey, one of the faster racers in this game. He could do a time of 2min24 at best with a FXR.

I know, but if you read carefully I was referring to your post.

Harvey is quick, I won't take that away from him, but he must not have practiced that much for this race. Either that or the set wasn't anywhere near optimal. Like I said it's been shown the FXR can go much faster than a 2min24 "at best". Plus there are 3 tracks that the FXR can win at, 1 being a 6 hour race (1.5x points) and at the 12 hour race (2x points), so it has all the chances of winning the championship.

Quote from z-ro 8 :Really not the way to encourage people to join a league in a sim that is already suffering....

Well he was making a pretty clear point. The FZR can be run much faster than it was today. Though by looking at the laptimes after the race it seems both XRR and FZR was pretty even over the stint even if they were not pushed to their limit.

Quote from ZanZi :What im saying is that there should be 3 ways to win an endurance race in these endu like leagues.

1) FZR style - being fastest but using more resources for that speed (fuel/tires/driver effort/setup making)

2) XRR style - 2nd fastest, fuel and tire efficient, stretching the stint length which would lead to less pitstops in the longer races.

3) FXR style - consistency above all, staying out of any trouble.

With the current restrictions fzr loses the main advantage its got.

Im not complaining for any of the short races tho dont get me wrong, its in the long term where things get a bit unbalanced because if xrr could stretch its stints to 65~70min it would pit 1~2 times less than fzr through the length of the race which you can calculate how much fzr will lose.

These discussions have been lead before and will continue right untill people realise its all about compromise. Either choose fastest car,pit more or slower car pit less and gain the lost time with fewer pits.

Well in GT1 I would see your point that XRR could stretch its stints. But in GT2 its complete opposite. The FZR has better tires than the XRR on most tracks, because the XRR can not always run R2/R2. Then if the XRRs want to stretch their R3 stints it will just get the tires super cold thus making the car slow. Each track (even each high speed track) will bring forth different things that will help each car seperately.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well he was making a pretty clear point. The FZR can be run much faster than it was today. Though by looking at the laptimes after the race it seems both XRR and FZR was pretty even over the stint even if they were not pushed to their limit..

the only point that statement made was that the two CoRe drivers that were 3 and 4, and were "catching the leaders until they decided to race each other" aren't worthy FZR drivers.

Sounds like an insult to me, which is not necessary. Don't you think? You do like to give your opinion quite often....
Sometimes, I can see why Eric doesn't get involved in te LFS community

(only sometimes!!!)
Quote from PMD9409 :so it has all the chances of winning the championship.

To be honest I personally don't care at all of winning any championship. I just don't get it that a car which already is known to be slow has to be penalized extra.

I might seeing it all wrong as league newbie but I can remember the commentary of the IGTC win of TRDT on Round 6. It was the first time ever that a team with FXR actually won.I doubt they've won because the car was fast.

But ehr, decide whatever you want. Made my point, interesting to see further developments.

@boothy.. Yes?

Quote :
Best Possible Lap Times

[*]
  • Puzzle
  • FZR
  • 1:02.55
  • 1:34.76

[*]
  • N!ghtm@re
  • FXR
  • 1:02.54
  • 1:34.76
  • +0.00

Quote from cargame.nl :To be honest I personally don't care at all of winning any championship. I just don't get it that a car which already is known to be slow has to be penalized extra.

Read the thread and understand the change in restrictions. The gap in between the FZR and FXR has shrinked, the FXR has gained 1.44% in power on the FZR. Therefore, the FXR was not "penalized extra". How many times does that have to be said?

Quote :
I might seeing it all wrong as league newbie but I can remember the commentary of the IGTC win of [SR]. It was the first time ever that a team with FXR actually won.I doubt they've won because the car was fast.

GT1 race, no comparison, sorry.

Quote :
[/LIST]

GT2 race, no comparison, sorry. Read the first part of my post.
Quote from Bmxtwins :FXR would b much better at 23% :/ I couldnt even keep up with FZR's in straight

Quote from cargame.nl :So, who decided to restrict FXR to 24% anyway? Clearly the slowest car now because of that.

(Not that I am fast but see post above)

/drunkseb mode
lmfao, I started like 13th on the grid having done NO practice and got up to 5th and was right on the tail of and catching 4th for the part of the race that I did. Don't use yours and other peoples not so good driving as an excuse for having to bring the restriction down.

Quote from cargame.nl :If you read carefully you notice that I refer to the post of Harvey, one of the faster racers in this game. He could do a time of 2min24 at best with a FXR.

And I did a 2.24 at best on LAP ONE of my stint with 100% fuel and damage when I pitted. I did about 7~8 laps before I had to leave to go out, and I was easly catching 4th place and holding the gap to 5th behind me, with NO practice. Obviously if that was his fastest time he is not as quick as you think he is?

Quote from z-ro 8 :the only point that statement made was that the two CoRe drivers that were 3 and 4, and were "catching the leaders until they decided to race each other" aren't worthy FZR drivers.

Sounds like an insult to me, which is not necessary. Don't you think? You do like to give your opinion quite often....

Do you want to be told the truth, or do you want cover it over and blame the cars so the drivers don't look so bad? That is not what this thread is about.

tl;dr: if the fxr was made to quick everyone would be picking it cos its so easy to drive
Quote from Seb66 :Do you want to be told the truth, or do you want cover it over and blame the cars so the drivers don't look so bad? That is not what this thread is about.

Well i have had NO complaints about any of the cars. And I won't.
I just don't think it's necessary to insult others for their lack of ability or lack of experience.

There's alot of non-amateurs coming in here saying "I can- I have-I will", coming across like they are King Shit of Dung Mountain.

If they are so good and so experienced, use that energy to help those who need it, and explain it to them like a gentleman that it can be done.

This amateur league is supposed to prepare people for "professional" leagues, but if I ever get good enough to go that far, I sure as hell hope I'm not a f**king dick when i get there, as some people are starting to come across as....

The interaction between teams, professional and amateur, is all part of the appeal of league racing.
If i wanted someone to treat me like some prepubescent little twit, I'd go to a public server and get it there.
Good times of FZ2 are 2.21.XX...So if you put 20% for FZR and 25% for XRR FZR gonna pwn XRR and everyone knows that FZR is better in slower track than XRR.

Moreover I think FZR could have done some better times (our XRR too but it seems that FZ2 is better on tyres than XR2). In fact it seems that FZR is more reliable...Finally I think this is quite equal maybe there is still a small advantage given to XRR but it was the same last season.

For FXR addict :
1) change car and choose a possible realistic GT car
2) Learn to drive I know a guy who have done a 2.22.XX with FX2 with these restriction called Ceskomasai from R2R. So this is possible !
3) An FXR driven well is faster than a FZR driven badly...As you have seen some FZR finished 3-4 ahead of some XRR whereas XRR was quite faster...Endurance is about reliability not only performance ! You should know that !
4) Last season 7Karat won SO4R race, don't remember the name team finished 2nd in WE1R with FXR so...

Anyway we made our choice whatever the restrictions would be, E-Team will drive with XRR
Quote from z-ro 8 :Well i have had NO complaints about any of the cars. And I won't.
I just don't think it's necessary to insult others for their lack of ability or lack of experience.

There's alot of non-amateurs coming in here saying "I can- I have-I will", coming across like they are King Shit of Dung Mountain.

If they are so good and so experienced, use that energy to help those who need it, and explain it to them like a gentleman that it can be done.

This amateur league is supposed to prepare people for "professional" leagues, but if I ever get good enough to go that far, I sure as hell hope I'm not a f**king dick when i get there, as some people are starting to come across as....

The interaction between teams, professional and amateur, is all part of the appeal of league racing.
If i wanted someone to treat me like some prepubescent little twit, I'd go to a public server and get it there.

Your missing the point completely. This is about the CARS, How else can we say that a car looks underperformed (when it isn't) other than blaming in on the driver? We can't. We aren't being "****ing dicks" we are stating the truth about the cars in the only way possible. The people driving the FZR DID under-perform from the cars real ability, It's not our fault we have to state that to stop people raging about the FZR being too slow.

Quote from z-ro 8 :Really not the way to encourage people to join a league in a sim that is already suffering....

We aren't trying to encourage people to join a league, WE ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT RESTRICTIONS :|:|:|:|. If we questioned peoples ability in a real race than that's obviously uncalled for. This is not. Take your pointless rant somewhere else.
nvm.
I have nothing against you, I know your a nice guy Just wanted to make the point clear to everyone what this is about

(I did see your post before the edit )
Quote from Seb66 :I have nothing against you, I know your a nice guy Just wanted to make the point clear to everyone what this is about

(I did see your post before the edit )

Yeah it's just discouraging for all when they see 3rd and 4th in a race like today be called "unworthy drivers".

There are some of us who realize we will only be so good, and many who haven't figured that out yet, so they blame the car or track or wind or what they ate this morning.

I really don't think the two CoRe guys would appreciate being called that to their faces, nor would anyone else.
As i said, you are the pros, act like it. You'll get a better response from those who haven't figured it out yet....
Quote from z-ro 8 :Yeah it's just discouraging for all when they see 3rd and 4th in a race like today be called "unworthy drivers".

There are some of us who realize we will only be so good, and many who haven't figured that out yet, so they blame the car or track or wind or what they ate this morning.

I really don't think the two CoRe guys would appreciate being called that to their faces, nor would anyone else.
As i said, you are the pros, act like it. You'll get a better response from those who haven't figured it out yet....

I understand your point, and it does come off that way, but some people just don't "see" it, so you have to push them alittle. The CoRe guys were not useless at all, either were the E-Team drivers, it shows that with "Amatuer" drivers using that restriction can run similar times between XRR and FZR. The reason the FZR drivers were "nagged" was because people was saying the FZR was getting killed, when in all reality it wasn't.

We checked the data, and took out laptimes 2:26 and above (would be driver error obviously) and these were the averages over the course of a stint:

Tormala: XRR: 2:23.65
Seppam: XRR: 2:23.66
Kaique: FZR: 2:23.73
Ruben: FZR: 2:23.92 (had one off)
Pedro: FZR: 2:23.99 (had one off, with Ruben funny enough ).

Mind you both cars can be pushed a bit harder with more practice and a few tweaks to setups, but the data is still pretty accurate none the less.

So at a track where the XRR is running strictly R2's, it is only .1 ahead of the FZR running R2/R3. The race this season at KY3 is 6 hours long, therefore the FZR can stretch their stints to 1h 10min and save a pitstop, something the XRR on R2s cannot do. Each car has their benefits, you must use them. Mind you both cars can be pushed a bit harder with more practice and a few tweaks to setups, but the data is still pretty accurate none the less.

So a track like KY3 the XRR will be able to stretch its legs with the R2s and FZR's R2/R3. However on KY2R it will be interesting since both the XRR and FZR can run R2s. At AS6R the XRR will most likely use R3s, where as the FZR can own with its R2/R3, which will likely be the same outcome at WE1. So at the 4 "fast" tracks, the XRR doesn't have some large advantage as people are making it out to be.

Pick your car, practice, optimize your driving and the car's set and you surely will get the outcome you deserve.
Well, it was A fine race.

I was able to overtake Piropo at T1 at the start, after that, it was only driving untill he catched me. It was a fun fight for couple turns, but the part you get out, wasnt my fault. There was lag or then you just got vide. Never mind, he was able to catch me again somehere at 55min mark. When he was behind me, I timed out Rejoined and throught that that would be pitstop Then I timed out again. Rejoined once again and this time, there was no disco for me. Unluckely, I got rammed by Donkey, cause I throught he would give me a way, but he desided little after, that not to give way Well, that destroyed my rears and after that it was only drifting. Shame for me, because it was going to be a desent result. Well, I only need to fix my connection, or 500servers need to change their stuff
Too bad I missed it.

What still puzzles me why are people still nagging about restrictions ?.
FXR is and has been always the slowest of 3. Especially on the long tracks as Aston or Kyoto since LFS was developed.

Ask your self a question ?. Do i want to win the GTAL ? If yes ditch the FXR as simple as that. And start practising the FZR or XRR.
If you dont wanna win and want to be in "safe zone" get your FXR.

All it comes down to is how you are able to drive the car.
Time to sink in at certain people that they wont be a Alien. Myself included but knowing that ages ago.
Also time to sink in that they will not get a pro carreer with sim racing.
Come on people you play this for fun, not for a living.
does anyone have replay ?
Quote from Seb66 :/drunkseb mode
lmfao, I started like 13th on the grid having done NO practice and got up to 5th and was right on the tail of and catching 4th for the part of the race that I did.

lmfao?

nice way of communicating.

Well if you know it all, show me a 2.21 lap then with less fuel, r3r2 and the same track layout. Nobody did a 2.21 or even a 2.22 so it still all is theoretical.

Quote from Seb66 :Don't use yours and other peoples not so good driving as an excuse for having to bring the restriction down.

I don't use anything as an excuse. I just try to have a conversation here about restrictions. And if it doesn't feel right I don't participate in this league at all. My own choice, nobody has to care about that, just personal feeling.

One advantage, I don't have to avoid damaged cars of arrogant people in FXR who have managed to crash twice after only six laps.

Quote from Seb66 :Obviously if that was his fastest time he is not as quick as you think he is?

And don't say unwise things

Quote from ElonB13 :does anyone have replay ?

I do.

But only the first 30 minutes
Quote from niels1 :Too bad I missed it.

What still puzzles me why are people still nagging about restrictions ?.
FXR is and has been always the slowest of 3. Especially on the long tracks as Aston or Kyoto since LFS was developed.

Ask your self a question ?. Do i want to win the GTAL ? If yes ditch the FXR as simple as that. And start practising the FZR or XRR.
If you dont wanna win and want to be in "safe zone" get your FXR.

All it comes down to is how you are able to drive the car.
Time to sink in at certain people that they wont be a Alien. Myself included but knowing that ages ago.
Also time to sink in that they will not get a pro carreer with sim racing.
Come on people you play this for fun, not for a living.

Definitely a good point!

And I have to say I like the new GT9 restrictions, less power -> more handling, at least for my mouse :mouse:

Quote from ElonB13 :does anyone have replay ?

I have it from my teammate as I got 2 disconnects (~2-3.lap, ~24.lap) (won't race from this connection).
But many people saved it as I asked if somebody could share it here too. But it seems like I'm first. REPLAY Q+R

There is what I needed it for: The secret information gathering
As I like to look at how the drivers did, though it only shows the last connection so my 1st half of race is lost.

Statistics of Qual
Statistics of Race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG