The online racing simulator
Dailycious Series, season 2/part 1!
(101 posts, started )
Hi everyone, we're back for an other round!

Introduction
First, welcome and thank you for your interest in Genuine Racing’s dailycious series. This series is designed especially for friends to race with friends in a slightly more formal atmosphere, experiencing longer and more challenging race events with a series perspective.

As always the Dailycious Series is an open series, so no registration is required to participate!

In part4 there will be 14 races, 7xTBO and 7xGT2, both will have their own classifications and podiums, but in order to win the all series you’ll have to race the 2 categories because both will be added in a third classification (TBO+GT2). This time we are going to revisit part1’s rules, meaning that you will have to complete an out lap in quail to validate lap time and race will have a pit window. Seems like everyone is waiting for the patch , so we’ll have only one race per week, one week with the TBO’s on & R4R GEN TBO server and the other with the GT2’s on & R2R GEN GT2 server.

Events will be every Thursday’s (starting September 23th and ending December 23th)
Quali: 19:30 UTC (20min) (19:30 server time..type !now in chat on the servers)
Race: 20:00 UTC (40min+1lap with pit) (20:00 server time..type !now in chat on the servers)

GT2 combo's: KY3R, AS3, SO4R, FE4, WE1R, BL1R, AS4R
TBO combo's: AS1, SO5R, FE2, KY2, SO4, AS2, BL1

Official topic: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/ ... wtopic.php?f=44&t=772

Procedures

PR-1: There is no “Tele-Pitting” allowed during qualifying or race session in the Dailycious Series. Tele-Pitting is when you are on the track and click Shift-P or Esc/Pit. The purpose of disallowing “tele-pitting” is to create a more realistic racing atmosphere.

PR-1.a: The qualifying grid will be maintain in a different table which you can check at any time with typing !ss in chat box. You must perform an out lap, the number of hot laps you desire to run and a full in lap, returning to pit lane in order to complete your qualifying session. Tele-Pitting from the track will always result in the loss of any time you have recorded now or previously, this period starts with the quali and ends when the race starts!.. Once in pit lane, you may pit or join the spectators without penalty (a message will be displayed). You may go back on track to improve your quail time, but always make sure to go back to pit to validate your lap.

PR-1.b: Race. Tele-pitting at any time during the race is treated as the equivalent of you pulling your car from the event. In the case of an accident, you must either continue or drive back to pit lane for service as required. Should your car become stuck or so badly damaged that you are unable to continue, you will be removed to spectator.

PR-2: Timed Out. If for some reason you are “timed out” or otherwise disconnected from the server we unfortunately must treat that situation as a “did not finish” or DNF.

PR-3: Pitting during race will be done with in a pit window and no work will be required (free to chose), opens 10min after the start and closes 10min before the end (from minute 10 till minute 30). If you crash before the pit opens, you are allowed to pit for repairs, but you will have to pit again during the pit window. If you missed the pit window and pit too late you will be disqualified.

Race Calendar:
Sept 23th: TBO/AS1 on & R4R GEN TBO
Sept 30th: GT2/KY3R on & R2R GEN GT2
Oct 7th: TBO/SO5R on & R4R GEN TBO
Oct 14th: GT2/AS3 on & R2R GEN GT2
Oct 21th: TBO/FE2 on & R4R GEN TBO
Oct 28th: GT2/SO4R on & R2R GEN GT2
Nov 4th: TBO/KY2 on & R4R GEN TBO
Nov 11th: GT2/FE4 on & R2R GEN GT2
Nov 18th: TBO/SO4 on & R4R GEN TBO
Nov 25th: GT2/WE1R on & R2R GEN GT2
Dec 2nd: TBO/AS2 on & R4R GEN TBO
Dec 9th: GT2/BL1R on & R2R GEN GT2
Dec 16th: TBO/BL1 on & R4R GEN TBO
Dec 23th: GT/AS4R on & R2R GEN GT2

We'll have a test race on Wednesday to test the config at the usual time, everyone is welcome to join...WE1 with the Gt2's!

Have fun!
#2 - Dmt
I will try to take part Framaris.
#3 - sjava
Hmm,sounds intresting i will try to participate in it.
How do I sign up for this ?
#5 - Dmt
Quote from jorisp :How do I sign up for this ?

Just be on the server on the right time.
Quote from jorisp :How do I sign up for this ?

Hi and thx for your interest in the Dailycious Series, it is an open Series for which you don't need to register, but make sure to be on time for the quali because the server will be made private automatically before the race, it is not possible to join the race after the start.
Thursday I will post a password (in our forum) for the racers who like to come and watch the race, of course no chat allowed if you do so...

Also note that the competition level is quite good and many will train quite a bit before each race, so join them and make sure you're ready for it!
To avoid surprises, Join us for the test race on Wednesday to learn the rules and procedures....

This is all about friends racing with friends and having fun. Please treat all drivers, whether you know them or not, as you would one of your best friends in LFS racing.
Just as importantly, please give all drivers the same dignity and respect that you feel you yourself deserve.
Casual but yet serious events. Count me in.
#8 - BLOBO
same here i am in
So this test race is at 21.30 dutch time right ?

And will it be password protected aswell ?

Thanks
Holala, I see I have made a big mistake here , quali start at 18:30 UTC....or 20:30 Dutch time!

Also note that UTC time is not reliable here as it will change during the series, so maybe server time would be more appropriate, which is quali at 19:30!

No password during quali, server will be made private just before the race, so if you there before there is no problem, password will be necessary for the ones who want to come and watch (in silence)...
ok cool Ill be there
Just a very stupid question..... What is TBO?

I know Im a noob and blabla but hey I just ask
The "TuRBo" class: RB4, XRT and FXO.
BIG THX to the 29 racers who join us for the test race yesterday!

I think we can say the test went well and the config was very consequent!

The only thing which still a bit difficult for some to understand is the qualification system, so keep one thing in mind:
DO NOT PIT/SPEC FROM TRACK DURING QUALIFICATION!
Go back to pit till you see the message in the chat saying that you can pit/spec...only then your time will be saved in !ss.
Any telepitting from track during quali will remove you any time you have in !ss and you will have join in the back...
If quali finishes before you completed your outlap, stay on the track till the system spec you, time should/will remain in !ss

The idea behind this is to remove the telepitting which is an arcade element! also like in real life, you have to go fast, but you also have to preserve the car....

Also 30sec before the race everyone is set to spectator, the first 15sec is for racers who have a quali time in !ss, they have priority and get a message JOIN NOW, join when you see the message and stay on track, do not pit again or you will join in the back. The last 15 sec is for the racers without an !ss time, they join when the message JOIN NOW appears...
The rule is in fact simple: Never spec/pit from track (outside the pitlane) before the race start. Otherwise you'll lose your qualification time and grid position. Just make a good lap, then spec from pitlane and let others improve, watch. Make sure you have everything set correctly for the race (fuel, strategy). Join track 30 seconds before race and just wait, do not go anywhere, personally or with the car. Do not do last-second adjustments, you may again lose your position. GL.
Ahh now i get the TBO thing

Thanks, for the race last night although it didnt last long for me. I gues its a learning curve And it's a steap one for me!!!!!
I believe the key in these longer races is trying to drive safe. Also utmost respect to others is really necessary. Be patient and do not try to win in 1st corner. For these races this rule really applies, especially with the required pitstop and resulting possible strategies, changing according to situation on track. Also, anyone taking part should also try to finish. It is kind of sad to see fast people spectating and disconnecting after 1st minor accident. That's no racing spirit...
Finishing should always be priority number one in any kind of racing, and in this series you always score 1 point minimum if you do..and since many don't it is often much more...There is a French guys named Cayenne who always race this series, he's quite slow but very consistent and finish all his races, he almost always manage to put himself in the top 5...collecting points others don't want!

Never give up!

Tonight we have the first official race, I first thought AS1/tbo would be a bad combo, but in a longer race format it looks much more interesting than I expected, the hard part will be to find the right pace for the tires in the beginning of the race, specially for FXO/RB4...I can promise you an eventful race with variable paces for everyone, speed and luck will not be enough...could even be that some will have to change tires to regain some pace...could be an exiting one!

Make sure to do some laps before!

Have fun!
That was a lot of fun and 6th is way better than I could have hoped for. Already looking forward to the race in 2 weeks.

BTW, I think there can be only 16 cars on the track at SO2, IIRC. So will only the 16th fastest get to race there?
Quote from zeugnimod :That was a lot of fun and 6th is way better than I could have hoped for. Already looking forward to the race in 2 weeks.

BTW, I think there can be only 16 cars on the track at SO2, IIRC. So will only the 16th fastest get to race there?

Ouch, you're right Zeug, I'll be checking the replay from yesterday and I'll change the track for next race...I guess they didn't expect that many ppls that soon ...
This is proving to be a lot of fun, just as we all assumed and as I assumed everyone picked FXO although there were some brave man in RB4. Ok I wasn't alone in XRT, Stuart and Aerox joined me. Good choice guys, I hope you had more fun than the others.

Quali went really fine for me. Dropped PB by 4 tenths and qualified 4th, but started 3rd due to someones fail. Had a great launch, but made a mistake for not choosing inside line over Christian. I managed to stay up with him for nearly half a race. I got to say this part of the race was more fun for me than the last part when I got to race Framaris. (Yes close racing and two or was it three times position changes were fun) In the first part I was chasing Pierre, but when I cought him up he pitted and after I pitted I was miles ahead. I was hoping to have tires finally cooled off, but instead they went up to 90C as I was pushing so hard to match Fram's FXO. In the end I just couldn't match him anymore, but he failed with fuel or something so I got my 2nd place back.

Looking forward to GT2 race and my dear FZ2 machinery.
Quote from Framaris :Ouch, you're right Zeug, I'll be checking the replay from yesterday and I'll change the track for next race...I guess they didn't expect that many ppls that soon ...

Please stay at SO, though.
Quote from N I K I :
I got to say this part of the race was more fun for me than the last part when I got to race Framaris. (Yes close racing and two or was it three times position changes were fun) In the first part I was chasing Isaac, but when I cought him up he pitted and after I pitted I was miles ahead. I was hoping to have tires finally cooled off, but instead they went up to 90C as I was pushing so hard to match Fram's FXO. In the end I just couldn't match him anymore, but he failed with fuel or something so I got my 2nd place back.

Well same for me mate, all was fine I was pacing my self like in the training, but you pitted early and when I came out from mine and I saw you behind, I was wtf hey niki ...the two next laps I managed to finish my tires and couldn't get then under 83 any more...but I saw you had trouble with exit and I had with entry, so it was pretty equal...of I know handling hot tires on XRT needs a lot more talent than FXO, but you have that much on me... somewhere before the end I pressed the windows key and got a short look at my desktop, damn niki back on my bumper, then one lap before the end I checked the fuel, quick math told me I was missing 0.3 to finish and the extra pit needed gave you back second...thought I was happy to limit damages with third!

Like I expected many would have variable paces and it did make the race interesting, GRATS TO ALL THE FINISHERS!

More details from last night's race in my last post in the official topic: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/ ... mp;t=772&p=6115#p6115
Replays can be downloaded from here: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/ ... wtopic.php?f=44&t=778

Stay tuned for next week...to be continued....
Quote from zeugnimod :Please stay at SO, though.

We will, I think SO1 is probably a bit small, we'll already visit so4, so maybe So5/r ?
Sounds good.

At SO1, half the field would probably crash in the chicane in the first lap.

(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG