The online racing simulator
Buying new guitar, needs advice
(106 posts, started )
Nice one(s)! The one in the middle is pure sexy
Yeah

Schecter Devil Custom FR is his complete name . It has cost around 1800$CAD :S
That's a propper priced guitar Guess the sound is justifying it?
Yeah .
High quality this guitar :P
I have a les paul and would highly reccomend one but you said you aren't really into the rounded look but i still think you shouldnt rule it out. lovely crisp sound and connected to a good amp like a marshall or someting try to stay away from pevee amps that was my first mistake

Oh and I came across my acustic years ago just wondering if anyone has heard of the brand arbor its a lovely acusticbut iv never came across one since.
I like the style of the Les Paul
Quote from danthebangerboy :I think becky needs to post up some pictures of her guitar, it really is a sexy bit of kit, it's called sally!

Sorry i'm late in spotting this thread, here she is...

http://twitpic.com/10hygg

Somebody else in the thread suggested a Gibson SG to Tor - so I just thought i'd let him know that it would be pretty much the same as Sally which Tor has played on.

Sally is a Tokai SG35 which is a clone of the Gibson SG1. They're so similar the guy in the music shop actually wrote Gibson SG1 on the receipt when he sold it me, they look identical bar the name. Some people preffer the Gibson, some preffer the Tokai. Personally i'm far too innept to feel the difference anyway so couldn't care, i've only just got to the point where i've bought an amp.

But she is sexy. Oh yes. She can tear up my callousses any time :P Even if she did purr more when in Tor's hands... (I think Sally is straight).
Tor: You are more ****ing hardcore than I understood. Please disregard my advice. I hope you are very happy with your metal guitar. I am not being sarcastic or cynical, I am genuinely proud of you.

Quote from BlueFlame :Get a proper guitar (acoustic). Hohner make the best acoustics

Glad you ignored dickheads like him. Hohner make very good student guitars, they don't make the best anything.

Quote from thestig1690 :I have a les paul and would highly reccomend one but you said you aren't really into the rounded look but i still think you shouldnt rule it out. lovely crisp sound

This man either doesn't have a Les Paul and has never heard one, or he does have a Les Paul, has way more money than musicianship, and his ear is a terrible judge of guitar tone.

Quote from Becky Rose :Sally is a Tokai SG35 which is a clone of the Gibson SG1. They're so similar the guy in the music shop actually wrote Gibson SG1 on the receipt

The guy in the shop is an idiot but Tokai have a great reputation. Fender caused them some huge legal shit in the '80s because they were making Strat copies that were better than the USA-made guitars of the time. Current Gibsons are way ahead of any copies but if you can get a Japanese-built Tokai they are high-quality guitars.

The early '80s Tokai Fender copies were worth more than the early '80s Fenders for a long time, but vintage mojo has caught up with the '80s Fenders and they are now commanding way more money than they are worth. Anybody with any sense knows the Tokais are better instruments. Unfortunately the Tokais themselves are no longer the bargains they used to be.
Quote from Becky Rose :Sorry i'm late in spotting this thread, here she is...

Somebody else in the thread suggested a Gibson SG to Tor - so I just thought i'd let him know that it would be pretty much the same as Sally which Tor has played on.

Sally is a Tokai SG35 which is a clone of the Gibson SG1. They're so similar the guy in the music shop actually wrote Gibson SG1 on the receipt when he sold it me, they look identical bar the name. Some people preffer the Gibson, some preffer the Tokai. Personally i'm far too innept to feel the difference anyway so couldn't care, i've only just got to the point where i've bought an amp.

But she is sexy. Oh yes. She can tear up my callousses any time :P Even if she did purr more when in Tor's hands... (I think Sally is straight).

Everythings purr in my hands

Quote from thisnameistaken :Tor: You are more ****ing hardcore than I understood. Please disregard my advice. I hope you are very happy with your metal guitar. I am not being sarcastic or cynical, I am genuinely proud of you.

Thanks, yeah I am working on it The music is hardcore - me not, but I bought camuflaged pants and changed the hair colors, next thing will be piercing and the guitar. I am thinking of snakebate, but I'm affraight that will just throw me into emo style instead of metall <.<
#86 - Uke
Quote from The Very End :
Thanks, yeah I am working on it The music is hardcore - me not, but I bought camuflaged pants and changed the hair colors, next thing will be piercing and the guitar. I am thinking of snakebate, but I'm affraight that will just throw me into emo style instead of metall <.<

Eww.. Black hair..

I chose dreads.. And so far they are... Not so good
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Glad you ignored dickheads like him. Hohner make very good student guitars, they don't make the best anything.

What's up YOUR arse?
Good choice.
Here's some of my toys, keep in mind I am almost deaf at 52, I use digital hearing aids that run blue tooth as well as acting like onstage monitors to me. Pic 5 is an Audio enhancer for my computers, also allows a video cam and mic for over dubbing , also is just great for skype, lfs. voice buddy, team speak ect.

So if yah ever want to get together , just head over to Canada TVE and we'll rock.

Again sorry for all the Tiger Woods jokes at your expense, but Brandons' post were quite funny.
Attached images
Equipment 1.jpg
Equipment 2.jpg
Equipment 3.jpg
Equipment 4.jpg
Equipment 5.jpg
Equipment 6.jpg
Wow, that's some great equiptment there mate! How long have you played?

And don't worry about the Tiger Wood thingy, I thought it were much fun and probally laughed as much as the others

My guitar is the workshop these days. The reason is that the guitar gets more and more unclear / out of tune the longer up on the neck you come. The shop knew what was wrong, but had to take some days to fix it. Hopefully it's allright today or within the upcomming days.

Oh, and I have not forgotten the picture, I just need the guitar to get fixed, then I can take a picture or something
TY Sir, it's just some of my toys, I have (my fave) and acoustic yamaha with and older Hi Watt 50 amp..that sounds bicthin...but I'm getting older and with the bone dosease I favor Blues Harps..still lets me play...but the next morning my hands don't hurt...

Be well TVE

You made a good choice.

AAnt

p.s played since i was 7 ..so...46 years

Glad you enjoyed it I'm LFSANT on skype...anytime TVE
46 years?! That's some mad experience you got there!

Don't take this ill up mate, but how do you play the guitar, with the hand of yours? I find it very motivating the spirit you got, despite all the uphills you have to walk.

Sure, if I connect to skype again I might aswell take a talk or something I don't visist it so much these days, because I have a crazy x that sucks out my will to live, and she anoys me on Skype lol

Edit: And thanks for the compliment! I am very much pleased with the guitar so far, it just takes a lot of time to adjust since the setup is so.. strange
Quote from The Very End :46 years?! That's some mad experience you got there!

Don't take this ill up mate, but how do you play the guitar, with the hand of yours? I find it very motivating the spirit you got, despite all the uphills you have to walk.

Sure, if I connect to skype again I might aswell take a talk or something I don't visist it so much these days, because I have a crazy x that sucks out my will to live, and she anoys me on Skype lol

Edit: And thanks for the compliment! I am very much pleased with the guitar so far, it just takes a lot of time to adjust since the setup is so.. strange

Annie Heart 1972(Crazy on you)Played it on a Classical guitar in front of 450 people, I almosted peed myself, now I just have people say...wow you can play..takes time..money can't buy it

I almost lost my left arm in 2006 it's a little shorter now but still works, only thing I hate...is getting older, I can't play for 3 hours ...I get up the next morning and I can't hold a pen

Sucks getting old..but know what, I am master of of a blues harp...you should meet Kencan, he's a symphony Bass player,, his first love is the Tuba, but he is certified to play bass with concert group..like the Vancouver Sympathy Orchestra.

You seem like a good guy TVE,

Keep on getting on, sorry about other posts tonight but...being black, burning the Kron and all that other chit..it's what it is

If you lost you left leg..could you ride a bike? If you really wanted to...my arm and hand are a little deformed...but..my brain remembers .
Quote from AtomAnt :Annie Heart 1972 Played it on a Classical guitar in front of 450 people, I almosted peed myself, now I just have people say...wow you can play..takes time..money can't buy it

I almost lost my left arm in 2006 it's a little shorter now but still works, only thing I hate...is getting older, I can't play for 3 hours ...I get up the next morning and I can't hold a pen

Sucks getting old..but know what, I am master of of a blues harp...you should meet Kencan, he's a symphony Bass player,, his first love is the Tuba, but he is certified to play bass with concert group..like the Vancouver Sympathy Orchestra.

You seem like a good guy TVE,

Keep on getting on, sorry about other posts tonight but...being black, burning the Kron and all that other chit..it's what it is

If you lost you left leg..could you ride a bike? If you really wanted to...my arm and hand are a little deformed...but..my brain remembers .

Your a good lad mate, a little random, a little crazy, but the spirit and attitute of yours is truely inspirating and admiring

You should play some songs / sounds and attachs them to this topic, yes?

As you say, the brain is the best tool!
Ty again...Play Little wing,,by SVR...or Snice I've been loving you. Do me one...record a fave on you tube...I'll do the same

Then all these players (there are a lot here) can beat us down...so we'll pick a simple song

"All Along the Watch tower"..then we'll run you best play

Or Nirvana "Comes as you are"

Can you record, upload..just you.

Stone Temple pilots "Half the man I used"

But I posted the song, I violate the LFS code .
Ty again...Play Little wing,,by SVR...or Snice I've been loving you. Do me one...record a fave on you tube...I'll do the same

Then all these players (there are a lot here) can beat us down...so we'll pick a simple song

"All Along the Watch tower"..then we'll run you best play

Or Nirvana "Comes as you are"

Can you record, upload..just you.

Stone Temple pilots "Half the man I used"

But I posted the song, I violate the LFS code .

Have you tried Stones, Wild horsed..in grunge.

skype me, we can play
Lol man, no offence, I find you quite an interesting one I am not sure if I dare to record something, this due to two things:

1: I lack propper recording equiptment, taking up sounds from my phone does not sound good. I have downloaded the program "Record" but it seems like I just don't understand how I set it up right

2: The skills. I have played for 7 years, but only as hobby. Therfor I don't have any serious skills on the guitar, I can play some yes, but not good enough to dare posting on youtube or other stuff..

Also, music I like is songs from Iron Maiden, In Flames, Avenged Sevenfold, Children Of Bodom, Manowar, Metallica and so on. To play that for others and get it to sound right is damn hard..
Quote from The Very End :
1: I lack propper recording equiptment, taking up sounds from my phone does not sound good. I have downloaded the program "Record" but it seems like I just don't understand how I set it up right

Connect your effects pedal to your soundcard (stereo output, or if you don't have the cables for that, phones output should work aswell), select "line in" in your windows recording properties. Download audacity. Record.
Quote from jibber :Connect your effects pedal to your soundcard (stereo output, or if you don't have the cables for that, phones output should work aswell), select "line in" in your windows recording properties. Download audacity. Record.

What is audacity?
Quote from The Very End :What is audacity?

Did you try and google it? It's probably the best free audio software out there...
Quote from The Very End :What is audacity?

A program similar to Nero Wave (spelling?) Editor. It lets you edit media (music) files and record... AFAIK

Buying new guitar, needs advice
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG