The online racing simulator
Need Some....
(34 posts, started )
Need Some....
opinions and advice on what you guys think about this pc lol...someone thats more intelligent on pc's more than me ..haha...anyways...heres what im planning on gettin sometime within the next 4-6 months or so just need some opinions and helpful advice strictly for games only thanks........heres the link

http://www.tigerdirect.com/app ... 14&Tab=2&NoMapp=0
holy expensive
You could build a system that equals or exceeds that Systemax one for way less cash.... geebuzz 5k is too much :o

www.newegg.com has all the stuff you need to get the parts to built a system from scratch. Knowing what to get is the hard part though... and building it.
i could buy myself a nice 2nd hand car with that.
i wouldnt spend 4thousand dollars... at least not untill a while after directx 10 comes out
Quote from Tweaker :You could build a system that equals or exceeds that Systemax one for way less cash.... geebuzz 5k is too much :o

www.newegg.com has all the stuff you need to get the parts to built a system from scratch. Knowing what to get is the hard part though... and building it.

ahh yes considering i know not a whole lot about pc's i know just enuff to get me by lol...maybe i could order parts and have a shop or somebody put it together lol so im guessin just build my own then instead of spending the 5k to buy a new one
Hmmm, methinks you are very lucky to have all that money to spend on a games machine.
Mmmmm, Tweaker: who is you new girlfriend (avatar)?
Miss LFS 2006 ?
Quote from l2acer1 :opinions and advice on what you guys think about this pc lol...someone thats more intelligent on pc's more than me ..haha...anyways...heres what im planning on gettin sometime within the next 4-6 months or so just need some opinions and helpful advice strictly for games only thanks........heres the link

http://www.tigerdirect.com/app ... 14&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

Why the hell do you order TWO 7900 GTX, but then leave the onboard-Soundchip? illepall

And, I wouldn't buy an Ageia till there is software that really supports and uses it...
hey you could just buy 101 S2 licenses for that pile of money.... (or at least one)
I've spent 1/10th that amount and it runs LFS quite well.

I was wondering when someone was going to ask Tweak that. I think I'd like to see a full size .
that costs as much as my BMW e36 320 1995 coupe....I wouldnt buy that.... illepall
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Miss LFS 2006 ?

phone number, i need a phone number!
Quote :im planning on gettin sometime within the next 4-6 months or so

There's your first problem, it's 4-6 months out of date.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
If you need something to play LFS, render a complex 3d scene, compress a 200Gb file and browse for hardcore lesbian reading material at the same time. Go for it..
Quote from l2acer1 :ahh yes considering i know not a whole lot about pc's i know just enuff to get me by lol...maybe i could order parts and have a shop or somebody put it together lol so im guessin just build my own then instead of spending the 5k to buy a new one

If you can plug in a computer, you can build one. It's no harder, everything is designed in such a way that you can't put it in the wrong place.

But only a fool would buy that system. It's not even remotly worth that much. Plus you'd think when you're paying 5,000 clams on a system you'd get a sound card with it.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
-
Quote from Schooner :Have you ever used one?

Yes, they crap they install on a fresh install makes it too garish too look at and sluggish. Though easly fixed. The build quality, cost and what you get is my major beef. I will give them credit though, they do know how to route cables well.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Yes, they crap they install on a fresh install makes it too garish too look at and sluggish.

Thats opinion, and as I have explained countless times before, when you;re using a rig with a fx-60 and 2gb ram, a couple of apps using a few megs of ram each and little/no cpu time doesnt hurt performance whatsoever. And even if it did it might be like a max few% of the total processing power, so whats the issue?

Not saying I'd buy an alienware, they seem overpriced, I just dislike people saying apps like windowblinds make a pc sluggish - they dont. End of.
Quote from pb32000 :Thats opinion, and as I have explained countless times before, when you;re using a rig with a fx-60 and 2gb ram, a couple of apps using a few megs of ram each and little/no cpu time doesnt hurt performance whatsoever. And even if it did it might be like a max few% of the total processing power, so whats the issue?

Not saying I'd buy an alienware, they seem overpriced, I just dislike people saying apps like windowblinds make a pc sluggish - they dont. End of.

Prehaps, however, when you have so much crap on your system it runs slower then someone with a much lower spec system, you know something is wrong.

I only have an old proc, yet because I don't have loads of crap running in the background on a forum I'm a member of I beat people with much better procs (in both clock speed, cache size and ammount of cores) in many benchmarks. Some of these guys had great hardware. But due to all the eye candy they use, a proc from the first line of s939 A64's beat the shit out of them. I could get screenshots if it wasn't for the fact some douche bag deleted them, all that's left now is a vauge score table [though I just noticed that I need to repost my 3DMark scores there again].

Link.

Maybe you like eyecandy, but the other reason I don't like all the junk is it just looks ugly to me. In my life I have only liked two themes which doesn't include Windows Classic, but the site I got them both from is bork, so I'll be keeping with Classic.

Out of all the prebuild systems in the world, I'd only want to get a Falcon. They do amazing work, and the price tags show that.
Quote :The build quality, cost and what you get is my major beef.

I'd concurr that with Alienware you pay quite a lot for a system which doesn't really have that great a specification. They're good, but they're priced as if they're very good.

As for the software install, provided they give you the OS disk it's not an issue, in fact that's my biggist beef with most suppliers now in that they rely on system restore - which is a brilliant system, but only to a point. As far as i'm concerned if I get a prebuilt system (which would have to be work related as my own PC's I build myself - yes, even girls can do it!) it has to come with the OS disk so I can zap their rubbish off and start afresh.

In regards to home building it is not something to take lightly, getting compatable parts can be a problem if you dont know what you are doing, and far too many people (including most engineers for that matter) do not really understand static and think that if the machine boots up ok then they obviously did no harm - which is not necessarily true. Static electricity needs to be understood before attempting a system build, but provided you overcome these two hurdles (and i'd be happy to explain static to a suitable level) then self building is fine.

It really is not that hard to self build.
Quote from Schooner :I doubt you are serious, you don't even own LFS?

Because his parents will buy him a $5000 computer, but they won't buy LFS for him.

And, for $5000, I would build a server rack with two file servers, and one web server. Then, I would make a website about sim racing, and cars in general. I would have a forum with a paid members-only area, and I would use google adsense and about 3 other affiliate programs. Then, I would create a paypal donation link at the bottom of the page, and during signing up for the forum which I would create. I would wait until I make $10,000, invest half of it in the stock market. When I have $15,000, I will probaly be going to college, so I would use $14,000 of it too help pay for college. Then, I would shut down my site, and sell off all of the server equipment used.
Quote from Becky Rose :As for the software install, provided they give you the OS disk it's not an issue, in fact that's my biggist beef with most suppliers now in that they rely on system restore - which is a brilliant system, but only to a point. As far as i'm concerned if I get a prebuilt system (which would have to be work related as my own PC's I build myself - yes, even girls can do it!) it has to come with the OS disk so I can zap their rubbish off and start afresh.

You get a return to factory default disk. Very few OEM companies will give you a clean install. So you need a FFB (Fresh From Box) copy of your OS, or you'll always fill your system back up with crap, and HP are b-words for it. I can boot any OS I like on my lappy, bar Windows XP unless it's the hacked up filled with junk copy I got with it. God knows why, or even how, but it's a pain in the ass all the same.
-

Need Some....
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG