The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
I agree, blasting a pre-war race car through the streets was nothing short of fantastic. Why couldn't they just build off of the first game, instead of creating basically, something completely unrelated, I mean, this is based in the 50's for one, which in itself is a fail because the Mafia's main operating years were in the 20's and 30's before WW2.
Quote from pipa :Can only agree, i demand a happy ending :P. Story was brilliant though.

It sure was, but why isnt there a free roam modus. Thats the only thing which rates the game from 90/100 to 80/100
Quote from Bose321 :That still doesn't explain why I can't use it in a non-pirated copy...

Got the game today?

Quote from seniecka :Absoulutely astonishing game out there.... The story is so amazing and it definitely involves you into the world of mafia... The atmosphere, authentic cars, cities, citizens, tunes makes it more fabulous... This games is really a hook.. I am trying not to rush so after every 2-4 chapters I take a break to enjoy this game as long as possible

WORD!...From the first impression,: absolutely fantastic, just how all the world is evolving around you, people fighting, throwing vases through windows etc(i think that rockstar games have something to learn from here). I was hooked into that world within a second...the winter looked so....real, yes. I can't understand how you lads keep calling this game a busllsh*t....seriously, reading your comments....
Quote from -NightFly- :WORD!...From the first impression,: absolutely fantastic, just how all the world is evolving around you, people fighting, throwing vases through windows etc(i think that rockstar games have something to learn from here). I was hooked into that world within a second...the winter looked so....real, yes. I can't understand how you lads keep calling this game a busllsh*t....seriously, reading your comments....

Just wait until your Rose Tinted shades wear off. Then you will start to see how much of a disappointment the game really is. For 8 years of development, they could of added many more features quite easily, Free Roam and Multiplayer could of been done in that time. Just seems to me like they concentrated a little too much on the Story, and not enough on what players can do after.
I'm perfectly happy with games like this concentrating on the story.

It would be just another GTA with multiplayer and a lot of minigames to play.

The story isn't as good as Mafia 1 though.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Just wait until your Rose Tinted shades wear off. Then you will start to see how much of a disappointment the game really is. For 8 years of development, they could of added many more features quite easily, Free Roam and Multiplayer could of been done in that time. Just seems to me like they concentrated a little too much on the Story, and not enough on what players can do after.

I happily prefer Mafia II without multiplayer, why? Because such mindless fun is best in GTA, whereas a 50's city as the back drop of a captive story shouldn't be an open playground for messing around.
Quote from Lible :The story isn't as good as Mafia 1 though.

SPOILERS:

Mafia 1 recap :
Tommy is a nobody, until he gets hooked up with the mafia, where he finds Sam and Paulie. They all live happily ever after, apart from Tommy screwing up all the time. Eventually Tommy and Paulie decide to do something stupid behind their bosses back, Sam rats them out and gets killed for it, and Paulie dies.

Mafia 2 recap:
Vito is a nobody, until he gets hooked up with the mafia, where he finds Joe (who he knew before, this time) and Henry. They all live happily ever after, apart from Vito screwing up all the time. Eventually Vito and Joe decide to do something stupid behind their bosses back, Henry rats them out (to the feds this time) and gets killed for it (not by the protagonist this time), and Joe dies (after the final mission this time).

Not seeing much difference to be honest.
Bioware syndrom, much?

Quote from JJ72 :Because such mindless fun is best in GTA, whereas a 50's city as the back drop of a captive story shouldn't be an open playground for messing around.

Have you actually tried "Freeride extreme" in mafia 1? There's enough people to fill a country who'd tell you you're dead wrong. (and then flame you to death)
Of course, But all I did was drive around in the country side taking in the views, not running over every pedestrian. For me it isn't a game for dicking about without consequences and killing little whiny kids online.
I may get it JUST for that
Awesome!

Knew it was only a matter of days.

Now I can enjoy the game...
I like "escape the hunter".

Joe basically follows you wherever you drive so we just do some crazy double stunts.
Normal or deluxe?
I meant which version should I buy?
Ahhhh.

Dont know to be honest. Up to you.

IMO the 2 new cars are not worth it.

The digital stuff is pretty good though.
But the mod works on both versions?
#145 - Uke
Yes.
And you can do the stuff you can do in missions correct? (e.g. shops, interactive stuff)
Yeah, you can do everything you can while mission (except the mission ofcourse).
Woot!
can someone link to the mod please? I think I will get if if there is free roam

Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG