The online racing simulator
I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
#51 - th84
Quote from Spudster :Yes but your retarded so it doesnt count

yes i did just say that.

OMG, how ever will my life go on? I got called a retard by a 14 yr old kid that doesnt even know what it mean's!

I told him yesterday, i just think he's jealous! He obviously has some sort of vendetta against americans. Cant figure out what it is though... maybe he's upset about the new pokemon card's that are only available in the US...

Even when u prove him wrong, he'll find something else to cry about, what a idiot.
Quote from th84 :.

OMG, how ever will my life go on? I got called a retard by a 14 yr old kid that doesnt even know what it mean's!

I told him yesterday, i just think he's jealous! He obviously has some sort of vendetta against americans. Cant figure out what it is though... maybe he's upset about the new pokemon card's that are only available in the US...

Even when u prove him wrong, he'll find something else to cry about, what a idiot.

LOL, this is amazing. Your life is pretty pathetic for someone of your age you know.
Quote from Spudster :Yes but your retarded so it doesnt count

yes i did just say that.

His retarded.. what? If you're going to insult someone, at least try to do it properly. For example one could say to you: you're a dyslexic hater, so why don't you pull your head out of your arse and take note that you aren't the world's greatest thing since sliced bread, and your retarded comments are not terribly fitting? See, not hard, I even used "you're" and "your" correctly

Does it really matter, some people say po-tah-toe, some say po-tay-toe. Life goes on..
#54 - Jakg
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Does it really matter, some people say po-tah-toe, some say po-tay-toe. Life goes on..

and some say thats not the wright spelling and that Spud is!
#55 - th84
Quote from Spudster :LOL, this is amazing. Your life is pretty pathetic for someone of your age you know.

This coming from the biggest joke in the history of this forum...

If you only knew. My life is great, how's your's?

Im gonna go make a call on my cell phone/floatation device/cancer source now.

edit: ill take that part out so i dont get reported AGAIN! rofl

Quote from Forbin :You might be surprised. I would bet that most people in my part of the country have never even seen a gun in person.

Of course ive seen them, and even fired a few, but never owned one... and dont think i ever will.
Quote from th84 :This coming from the biggest joke in the history of this forum...

If you only knew. My life is great, how's your's?

Im gonna go make a call on my cell phone/floatation device/cancer source now.

edit: ill take that part out so i dont get reported AGAIN! rofl

What part out?

By the way, don't get bluetooth from your mobile phone!
Quote from th84 :Of course ive seen them, and even fired a few, but never owned one... and dont think i ever will.

I said my part of the country, the northeast.
LFS IS MADE BY BRITISH PEOPLE

AND THIS IS A FORUM ABOUT LFS SO IF A LOAD OF FAT TWATS WANT TO HAVE A GO AT THE BRITISH THEN WHY ARE THEY PLAYING A BRITISH GAME.

JUST SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO YOUR OVAL SERVERS

phew americans make me angry sometimes. i know several americans who are very lovely but its the pricks who are so full of themsevels. they r so damn patriotic when their country is run by a complete fool it sometimes makes me laugh

ps as this is a racing sim why dont you compare the amount of people in america who drive automatics compared to the british

at least we can drive
Just chill... Spudster is an anti-american troll on these forums, so it is bound to happen. He just thinks of all the stereotypes, and the fact that he cannot comprehend two distant countries who have different languages and ethics... WOW never heard of that before?!?!?!? :doh:

Some African tribes say "jirafa", while we call it "giraffe"... and so on for other languages. Surely... one of those groups would be retarded according to Spudster's analysis :rolleyes: Talk about fundamental education.

Close this thread or talk in private.
Now I could come here and say: "See, I told you"
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker
Ergh, why do so many British people have to take jokes so personal?

This is why I hate the English, they are a bunch of stupid dicks. Great country though. But seriously, the Brits who have turned this into anti-American bullshit can go die. You're the worst type of people to live in this country.
some people just obviously aren't smart enough to see the joke.

even though im scottish i still consider myself british aswell, and i found it all rather amusing.

people just need to relax. its all a bit of fun.
I don't see why people don't like joking about them selves. I'm English, I'm proud of that, I also love the English stereotype, which is why I'm getting myself a nice suit with a bowl hat, so I can walk around saying "Jolly good old chap, rather" and other such English things. Then goto Canada dressed like it (visiting a friend there), just to see what reaction I get

Rather good game old sport, tea and crumpets anyone?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'm getting myself a nice suit with a bowler hat............... Then go to Canada (visiting a friend there), just to see what reaction I get

He'll probably think you're on your way to a Charlie Chaplin convention.
Quote from Mazz4200 :He'll probably think you're on your way to a Charlie Chaplin convention.

Haha, awesomeness. Maybe I should get a pipe too

[Note: He is a she ]
@ Spudster - don't make personal insults it's just racism.

@ mabyenot - I hope that was a sarcastic post :doh:
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I don't see why people don't like joking about themN selves. I'm English, I'm proud of that, I also love the English stereotype, which is why I'm getting myself a nice suit with a bowl hat, so I can walk around saying "Jolly good old chap, rather" and other such English things. Then goto Canada dressed like it (visiting a friend there), just to see what reaction I get

I dunno Stereo types can be fun sometimes, but they get old. Like when I was in New England (North Eastern US) Everyone kept asking me about Tumble Weeds.... I seen ONE tumble weed my whole life. and my cowboy boots have about a quarter inch layer of dust on them.

By the way... what DO y'all call a real torch?

I heard noone really eats Haggas, they just make it for tourists to gross out on. Is that the same with kidney pie?
Quote from Racer Y :I dunno Stereo types can be fun sometimes, but they get old. Like when I was in New England (North Eastern US) Everyone kept asking me about Tumble Weeds.... I seen ONE tumble weed my whole life. and my cowboy boots have about a quarter inch layer of dust on them.

By the way... what DO y'all call a real torch?

I heard noone really eats Haggas, they just make it for tourists to gross out on. Is that the same with kidney pie?

Heh, the only stereotypes I get are comical, so I like playing along.
I take it you don't wear your boots much

We call a torch a torch.

People do eat haggas, just not all the time, steak and kidney pie is nice, but one thing no one eats is squarial, nor do we boil everything XD
#69 - SamH
First things first.. I didn't spot it while reading through this thread, so I'll clarify that the person who WROTE that website IS ENGLISH. In fact he's a near-namesake of mine, from near me.

The site is a mix of irony and cynicism. The content is clearly directed at Brit eyes because of this. A non-English person reading it may OR may not understand the content's orientation. The humour in it isn't exclusively British, but it is typically British.

If you're British and didn't get it, then go back and read it again KNOWING it was written by a Brit FOR Brits. If you still don't get it, you either don't have a [typical/normal] British sense of humour or you're just thick. Sorry, but that's plain to see.

The content in the site is intended for Brits but is written under the guise of an American's guide to Britain. For the comedic content to work it had to be done this way. For clarification, it IS a minor dig at IGNORANT Americans, NOT ALL Americans and having lived and worked in the US for several years in the past, It DOES have a measure of value.. just as I was once an ignorant Limey.

The examples of English vs American language, for example, in the site are ALL ones that I've met with in real life. In one of my journeys between the US and UK, a young American girl who was travelling to the UK for the first time, asked if Britain had any beaches. Her name is Nancy, we're still friends, after our first transatlantic flight 22 years ago. She's now married to an English independent financial investor

There are a LOT of good reasons why Americans appear ignorant to Brits. The US is a huge country, and it has a lot going on INTERNALLY. Enough each day to fill a thousand days. In relative terms, Americans know a LOT more about Britain than Brits know about, say, Bolivia.

Ignorance is a comfortable place to stay, and you need both time AND an incentive to depart from it. Rarely are we removed from ignorance by force, except when something bad happens. Sad but true.

Perhaps we Brits have lost our sense of humour. This can happen when we're unsure of ourselves, and I think it's painfully obvious that that's where we're at right now. Historically Britain HAS been able to take a "ribbing". Maybe when we get our confidence in our place in the world back, we'll be able to do so again.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I don't see why people don't like joking about them selves. I'm English, I'm proud of that, I also love the English stereotype, which is why I'm getting myself a nice suit with a bowl hat, so I can walk around saying "Jolly good old chap, rather" and other such English things. Then goto Canada dressed like it (visiting a friend there), just to see what reaction I get

I'd add Terry-Thomas-style moustache. Ok, what would you suggest for me to put on?
Quote :1,000,000,000 = one billion!!!!!, but the americans changed it to make them seem richer
1,000,000,000,000 = one trillion!!!!!

1,000,000,000,000 = one [English] billion.
The 9 naughts version you quoted is what the Americans changed it too !
Nice 666th post Becky
It just had to be something evil ...
who uses a million million? a thousand million=billion seems like a much more useful unit.
Quote :who uses a million million? a thousand million=billion seems like a much more useful unit.

Hey, last Yank I spoke too thought the idea of eating a Penguin was offensive - can we just settle for being different without being right or wrong?

We can argue over it, but last time we sent the red coats over people died and then you made a film about it that made your guys out to be the slave liberators and the Brit out to be the murderous rapist...

The next thing you know you'll be telling me that not all Aussies are criminals...

I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG