The online racing simulator
I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
That page did not tell americans to pull out their 9mm and shoot at every chav they see. illepall
Britain is a small country (8.5 sq miles), and will fit comfortably inside Los Angeles. Therefore, you don't have to travel very far from one tourist attraction to the next. Most people travel by railways or by bus, because we can't afford much petrol.

This part is obviously exaggerated. But many Americans should know that if you get up early enough, you can walk from one coast of Engand to the other, in under one day.
something tells me this is a piss take....well dur!

as peter griffin says in family guy, "You know what really grinds my gears?!" and this is one thing:

"You may have heard some British people talking in movies. The men are the posh baddies who often drink to much; the women are the posh ladies who live on their own and have too much money. You may not think so, but your Americans have got 100% right! We are like that!"

Its like us brits sayin normal americans are all fat and drive big 4 mpg SUV's
It's all so true. You should all print this off if you come visit to use as a language book or some such
[rant]

They forgot to say that football IS called football and not "soccer"

you dont use your socks in football! and you barely ever use your foot in "american football" illepall

why do the call a torch a flashlight??? It doesnt flash! illepall

why is a mobile phone called a "cell phone", ok it has a battery cell, but so do some portable home phones that have a docking station illepall

1 = one
10 = ten
100 = one hundred
1,000 = one thousand
1,000,000 = one million
1,000,000,000 = one billion!!!!!, but the americans changed it to make them seem richer
1,000,000,000,000 = one trillion!!!!!
1,000,000,000,000,000 = one Zillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember at the end of the short movie "supervolcano", the head of that emergency place said "It use to be AD and BC, before and after christ" WTF????? stupid blind man!!!!!

[/rant]
Nooo, not again. One more thread about how shit your Britain is in your opinnion.
For god sake. It's a joke site. Why are you all getting so prissy about it. Read what's been said, it's all very comical. Jesus I hate the English.
#9 - ajp71

Edit: 100,000,000 is an American billion

100,000,000,000 is a British billion

but if you use them you're just being awkward

In fairness we take the piss out of Americans so much so let them have a joke as well.
Yes, I understand that was a joke site but I dont know if some people here did :P This has just potential to be one of those threads I think.
Quote from Blackout :Yes, I understand that was a joke site but I dont know if some people here did :P This has just potential to be one of those threads I think.

Indeed, it's why I really hate people these days. No one wants to laugh at them selves. Then they do what you can see above :/ They all need a good slap >: (
^^ Probably down to the world cup
#13 - Smax
u can blame me for this :P sorry, usually i jus dont care, this time is did :s i dont get me sometimes
Quote from ajp71 :

Edit: 100,000,000 is an American billion

100,000,000,000 is a British billion

but if you use them you're just being awkward

In fairness we take the piss out of Americans so much so let them have a joke as well.

Acutally, the british billion is 1,000,000,000,000 (i.e. a million million)
and the American billion is 1,000,000,000 (i.e. a thousand million)

Quote from Schooner :Thanks to this informative website explaining everything about them.
http://www.brookview.karoo.net/BFA/index.htm

Hmmm...
If I would be British I would have to feel offended.

This has to put together some idiot from USA becaue it looks like to me.
Like:

aluminum
aluminium

Your word was a bit too short for us. so we added an i

or like this:

I have nothing against people from USA as I daily work with them.Just in case somebody would like to flame me.Still I met some "idiots" from USA who think that everything was developed/invented in USA.Is this something they learn in school or what.I dont get it.

Hope the whole link is meant more to be a joke.

EDITED:Just ignore my post.I understand now its a joke site :banghead:
#18 - Jakg
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hmmm...
If I would be British I would have to feel offended.

This has to put together some idiot from USA becaue it looks like to me.
Like:

aluminum
aluminium

Your word was a bit too short for us. so we added an i

I have nothing against people from USA as I daily work with them.Just in case somebody would like to flame me.Still I met some "idiots" from USA who think that everybody was developed/invented in USA.Is this something they learn in school or what.I dont get it.

whoosh! the sarcasm shot on over your head!
^^ Nothing wrong in having a laugh it's more the serious politcial threads where people actually believe that:

human rights = how well armed you can be

and

America = the world's police force/liberator that worry me
guide to one word, swap things around shall we :P

aluminum
aluminium
our word was a bit too sophisticated for americans. so they got rid of an i

before the torches and pitchforks are picked up, its only a joke. I personally dont mind the fact they changed the english language to made it their own....shows their creativity...
#21 - wE1l
Hilarious stuff.

Although I heard people further north Britain speak purer English.
Quote from wE1l :Hilarious stuff.

Although I heard people further north Britain speak purer English.

then you are upside down

I speak PERFECT english. Not too poosh, not like a farmer, not like a chav, not like a retard, not like a big hard man, and not like someone from up in manchester!
Quote from Spudster :why is a mobile phone called a "cell phone", ok it has a battery cell, but so do some portable home phones that have a docking station illepall

because the cell phone network is divided into hexagonal cells
Quote from Spudster :then you are upside down

Nope, you're wrong.
Try this translator if you want to know the true phonetics of the english language
http://www.geordie.org.uk/translate.htm

BTW there was just a hint of sarcasm in wE1l's post
Quote from Spudster :[rant]

why is a mobile phone called a "cell phone", ok it has a battery cell, but so do some portable home phones that have a docking station illepall

[/rant]

cell means tiny

I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG