The online racing simulator
I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
Quote from evosports :guide to one word, swap things around shall we :P

aluminum
aluminium
our word was a bit too sophisticated for americans. so they got rid of an i

before the torches and pitchforks are picked up, its only a joke. I personally dont mind the fact they changed the english language to made it their own....shows their creativity...

Or lack there of, in not having the ability to create their own. Though it got turned how it did because of the ammount of slaves sent to the US, as slaves never got any schooling, they spelt things as they sounded. Which is how letters got dropped.
Quote from Shotglass :because the cell phone network is divided into hexagonal cells

http://www.phonescoop.com/arti ... twork&h=architecture2
The shape of cells is not hexagonal in reality. But it is usually shown as hexagonal network in schemes.

"Cell phone" indeed comes from cellular because it uses cellular network.
Quote from afastest :http://www.phonescoop.com/arti ... twork&h=architecture2
The shape of cells is not hexagonal in reality. But it is usually shown as hexagonal network in schemes.

of course they arent ... but network planning calculations are usually done on a hexagonal model
'The inhabitants of England are known as "English" or more commonly referred to as "Tossers" by the citizens of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. A more recent designation used in international circles is "Simple English". England is also the birthplace of the "Chav", a form of surrealist, degenerate homo-sapiens-sapiens.'

Quote from ajp71 :...where people actually believe that:

human rights = how well armed you can be

and

America = the world's police force/liberator that worry me

LOL, you are right, who asked for a liberator BTW? XDD
Quote from Spudster :That page did not tell americans to pull out their 9mm and shoot at every chav they see. illepall

Now that would be great!! Maybe contact the site owner for a bit of that
Hmmm. I own a 9mm. It's about as acurate and reliable as a $2 watch.
It's more dangerous as a thrown weapon.
Nah I like my .357 (big gun). even if you miss, it'll scare the target to death.
Actually a 9mm is more of a gangbanger's gun. Come here to Texas & I'll
show y'all a real Firearm. LOL we could shoot some a them aluminIum cans.
@ Racer Y: It's funny you should mention the accuracy of the Beretta 9mm. The Army has had quite a lot of success with it at the National Pistol Championship at Camp Perry, Ohio, where everyone shoots with just one hand on the gun. It's not that it's inaccurate, it's just very hard to shoot for most people because the trigger is so stiff, especially when shooting one-handed. A 1911 .45 tends to be much easier, even though it's firing a bigger bullet. Most people who compete shoot modified 1911 .45's with less gun powder in the rounds for less recoil.

BTW, a .357 is no bigger than a 9mm. They use the same diameter bullet (9 millimeter = 0.354 inch). It's just that the .357 has a larger casing and more gun powder. The overall difference in speed is not huge, though. I think the muzzle velocities are something like 1200 fps and 1400 fps for the 9mm and .357, respectively. They're both supersonic. I don't disagree on the difference in sound level, though. The .357 is much louder.
Anyone else worried that this is now a gun comparison thread? lol
It's all Spudster's fault. He brought it up.
/stereotype mode on

americans know their guns...
do i need to say more?

/stereotype mode off
Quote from micha1980de :/stereotype mode on

americans know their guns...
do i need to say more?

/stereotype mode off

Thats not stereotype
this is stereotype:

Americans are too fat to fit inside british cars, and that is why the american cars are sooooooooo wide.

That is stereotype!

Ever played GTA? I rest my case.

Errr...what was this thread about?
Quote from Forbin :@ Racer Y: It's funny you should mention the accuracy of the Beretta 9mm. The Army has had quite a lot of success with it at the National Pistol Championship at Camp Perry, Ohio, where everyone shoots with just one hand on the gun. It's not that it's inaccurate, it's just very hard to shoot for most people because the trigger is so stiff, especially when shooting one-handed. A 1911 .45 tends to be much easier, even though it's firing a bigger bullet. Most people who compete shoot modified 1911 .45's with less gun powder in the rounds for less recoil.

BTW, a .357 is no bigger than a 9mm. They use the same diameter bullet (9 millimeter = 0.354 inch). It's just that the .357 has a larger casing and more gun powder. The overall difference in speed is not huge, though. I think the muzzle velocities are something like 1200 fps and 1400 fps for the 9mm and .357, respectively. They're both supersonic. I don't disagree on the difference in sound level, though. The .357 is much louder.

Uhh I said 9mm, I didn't specify brand of gun. The 9 i have is a piece a crap bullet hose. The .357 I have is way more accurate than a stock beretta
and diameter may be close but that's about it. The grain you use in your bullet casing is different. the .357 is a lot hotter load than a 9mm.
I don't have my chart handy, but when you look at muzzle energy, the .357
puts out a lot foot pounds (not fps) more than a nine, A nine is like being stabbed with a knife - a .357 is like being stabbed with a train. (overly exaggerated of course )

In fact, a nine is better compared to a .38 or a .32.

BTW I shot a competition .45 once... Couldn't hit the side of a barn with it.
Even the trigger was finished to where the surface of it sloped to on side, making it almost a right handed only gun.

and as far as speed goes.... A subsonic 9mm (uzi makes those bullets)
has a lot more stopping power than a regular one.. It tends to slam against the target more than just punching through it.

Also a six shooter puts out more energy as none of it it used for the loading process- all the gas forces the bullet down the barrel.
Quote from Racer Y :Uhh I said 9mm, I didn't specify brand of gun. The 9 i have is a piece a crap bullet hose.

Fair enough. I assumed you meant the Beretta since that's the most popular 9mm pistol.
Quote from Racer Y :Even the trigger was finished to where the surface of it sloped to on side, making it almost a right handed only gun.

I've never heard of someone doing that before. The idea is to be able to pull the trigger straight back and such a trigger would make that pretty much impossible.

With my competition .45, I can generally get most of my shots within an 8 inch circle at 50 yards.
Quote from micha1980de :americans know their guns...

You might be surprised. I would bet that most people in my part of the country have never even seen a gun in person.
Yee Haw :bullwhip:
Quote from Forbin :You might be surprised. I would bet that most people in my part of the country have never even seen a gun in person.

I'm not, i have far relatives there.

And after beeing asked by some funny american asking for our Fuerer and how he is doing, i started thinking...

But the first time i saw a gun (in my hands) wasn't at school (early grades) where we met our police officer in person.
Nor on the street were police was chasing someone. (didn't saw a gun here too)

NO

It was during my service, at age 20 around were i fired a gun (3 diff types).
So I'm not into guns, but into machinery (non lethal) and thats why i already forgot the specs of these weapons i was trained on.
(don't know if i can use them properly after that time)

So maybee it's the fact that we need proper training, a clear record and beeing memeber of some Firearm-sport-club (poor description, sorry) to legally own a gun, that has kept me away from "dangerous machinery" and therefore saved my life.

I enjoyed shooting, (bloody loud), enjoed the responsibility with it, but i'm glad that firearms aren't that visible here in germany...
there's an aussie Tourism Board Q&A that did the rounds a few years ago, that site reminds me a lot of it.
Quote :term used currently in the United States and Canada (and in other countries as well during the 1980s) to refer to most mobile phones.

So the AMERICANS call mobile phones cell phones, implying that mobile phone is the native name!
A cell phone is a type of mobile phone, as I guess there could be many other types(any phone that is not wired I would assume could be called a mobile phone), see the earlier car phones that were obviously mobile but did not use cellular networks. If you want to define a native name, where do you think cell phones were invented?

What do you call a real torch? A flaming stick?
I've enjoyed the sections on Horse cab and pubs
#47 - th84
Quote from Spudster :So the AMERICANS call mobile phones cell phones, implying that mobile phone is the native name!

Give the boy his prize!! illepall

That kid has some serious issue's!
Quote from th84 :Give the boy his prize!! illepall

That kid has some serious issue's!

Yes but your retarded so it doesnt count

yes i did just say that.
#49 - Jakg
Quote from Spudster :Yes but your retarded so it doesnt count

yes i did just say that.

in Germany its called "das handy". Your point? Americans call things different names. Its the way it is.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
#50 - Jakg
w00t for teh unclyclopedia!

I finally understand the Brits
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG