The online racing simulator
Disappointed at how easy it is to drive
(44 posts, closed, started )
Hi, I just got the game today, and after a few hours, I am very disappointed at how the cars stick. I'm a huge SIM fan, and I have played rfactor, the simbin series, etc. the steering and braking is top notch in lfs, but the throttle is the problem. i can go full throttle in a 500bhp car and not spin out....

wtf??

off the line, FULL THROTTLE, DOES NOT SPIN OUT.

i was not sure if i disabled traction control properly, so i went and tried cars that did not have traction control

same thing..

whats going on??

in rfactor/simbin's series u can't even go full throttle in a 300bhp car and not spin out...
Well, it says you are a demo racer so you have some explaining to do anyway...

Using unauthorized LFS versions? Could explain a lot.

(expects a ban, shortly )
^^^ it's on my bro's computer

einstein

please explain why this game does not live up to the sim hype.
or you can buy the game and not get your IP banned
where or how i got the game is not important, the important thing is how good the game is.

my question still hasnt been answered
well it kinda is actually..if you got the game illegally then we care
Could you post a replay of this happening?
Quote from boothy :Could you post a replay of this happening?

im too lazy for that, my internet is slow to upload

are u telling me ur car spins out off the line?

cuz i've played enough sims to know how a RWD car should act.

edit: is it really necessary?

cuz i can do it if its important
Try the FO8, that spins off the line. Most cars even though they dont spin, will burn their rear tyres up. And I wouldn't use other sims as a benchmark for what a real life car should do, I'd compare it to real life.

Uploading a replay takes 2 mins, go to single player mode, press 1 and then go to attachments when replying to a post - see LFS/data/spr folder for the replay.
Quote from boothy :Try the FO8, that spins off the line. Most cars even though they dont spin, will burn their rear tyres up. And I wouldn't use other sims as a benchmark for what a real life car should do, I'd compare it to real life.

Uploading a replay takes 2 mins, go to single player mode, press 1 and then go to attachments when replying to a post - see LFS/data/spr folder for the replay.

sorry im new, i don't nderstand ur post

i go to data folder and i can't find any folders with replays
i just tried the f08, yes it handles more like a car, but still it keeps going in a straight line while leaving a huge long skidmark
You will have to forgive some responses until your credibility is not in question.
There are many LFS'ers that are very guarded when it comes to getting a proper license the correct way.
Cracking/hacking/cheating is severely frowned upon amongst this community, so unless you prove you're a licensed S2 user, you're not going to get much help.....
Quote from oohhh yeah :sorry im new, i don't nderstand ur post

i go to data folder and i can't find any folders with replays

data/spr = single player replays
.......mpr = multiplayer replays
Quote from oohhh yeah :i just tried the f08, yes it handles more like a car, but still it keeps going in a straight line while leaving a huge long skidmark

Take the LX6 for a spin, on the 1-2 shift will break the tires loose and get sideways if not careful.

Take a RWD car, rev it, click into gear and then hit 2nd gear and try to control it with the tires spinning (LX6 is perfect to use) and have fun...

And just because a car get the tires spinning doesnt meen it has to go imidiately sideways, I have a 2002 Trans Am 6spd and it launches straight till you snatch up 2nd and then gets sideways and I dont know how much more Simulated you can get there in real life.
thx^^

i got an STi in real life and never got the chance to drive a powerful RWD so maybe i dunno wat im talkin about...
TROLL TROLL

Or maybe a complete idiot...
Quote from yeager :TROLL TROLL

Or maybe a complete idiot...

My guess was "2nd account" at first.
Racing cars are easy to drive - they have big tyres to take the power they deliver. A 500hp race car is no more likely to spin its rear wheels than a 90hp road car in a straight line. However, when you're leaning on the tyres in a corner, it's quite easy to over tax the tyres and spin them up.

Example - in F1, at the starts, they are at full throttle. Once the wheelspin/bogging/clutch-slip phase is out of the way (something that is necessary to occur in ANY car) they are on full throttle with over 700hp without a trace of wheelspin.

But at the apex of the corner at full lateral loads it would be easy to spin the wheels with too much throttle.

LFS simulates that pretty well. You'll just have to forget how it is in rFactor and Simbin titles that aren't very good.
try f08 with oval set. that will not start straight when on full throttle!
#20 - AMB
Guess you should go back to rF if LFS is too easy, and if it is, go get some World Records.
hmmm i'm gonna go and try this in my TVR...... maybe its a rwd thing
anybody know of any tvr body repair experts in manchester
Quote from oohhh yeah :i just tried the f08, yes it handles more like a car, but still it keeps going in a straight line while leaving a huge long skidmark

how then... i just got a DFGT and nothing bar FWD goes straight....

This thread is closed

(44 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG