The online racing simulator
Quote from Joris :How can Schumacher say he is allready focussing on 2011?

I can imagine teams can sacrifice this years car development in favour of next year, but in what way can a driver benefit in the next year from giving up on the current one?

A driver with such a bad motivation is a waste of a seat. I think Nick Heidfeld will agree.

he just admits that this year he can´t get the wdc because the car is crap that´s all. It´s not like he will not try to achieve good positions or even wins in the race...
I agree with Joris but Jenson did the same with Honda a few years back.
Quote from funRacer[83] :he just admits that this year he can´t get the wdc because the car is crap that´s all.

It wouldn't matter if the car was dominant, his biggest problem is his teammate is much faster than him.
I think Badoer has been judged harshly..

..from people who dont race cars...

..logical aye?

woops, forgot i was on the internet.. ;p
Quote from aoun :I think Badoer has been judged harshly..

..logical aye?

I judged him harshly too! He was pretty damn rubbish.

..logical aye?

The results are damning enough.

You can hardly blame the man though, dumped in the hot seat with little practice, and way past his best, 15 years ago Badoer could've done a solid job.
Fisi didn't do much better tbh

..logical aye?

I am not judging him at all, I don't care
but this was a funny situation: he bumped another car and took the wheel of before shuting down the engine
to be honest what i find worrying there is that you can take the wheel off without the engine stopping, sooner or later, just because the more impossible something is the bigger chance of it happening and despite all the safety features etc someone is going to have not clipped their wheel on properly and it's going to come off, the only way a wheel should be able to be released is if the engine stops automatically or, in the event of a faulty wheel that needs to be changed, there's a switch elsewhere in the cockpit that the driver must hold down to keep the engine running whilst his mechanics change the wheel.

having said that it's a bit of a poor show to have a parking bump with an F1 car
Quote from Joris :How can Schumacher say he is allready focussing on 2011?

I can imagine teams can sacrifice this years car development in favour of next year, but in what way can a driver benefit in the next year from giving up on the current one?

A driver with such a bad motivation is a waste of a seat. I think Nick Heidfeld will agree.

Nico is like "Hold on, wait a second, I've got some good points here, don't stop development!"
Oh, i didnt mean this forum judged him harshly ONLY nor did i mean you guys did at all, i know some may have, but anyway im not trying to stand my ground or anything, i dont really care that much . But just generally, everyone gave him a hard time, like stated above, was put in hot spot straight away, he would have done better in a HRT car.

Yet at the same time, whys he the reserve driver for anyway?

@TC, you come alot closer to single seater racing than most of us, so i cant say anything to you Take your 'get out of jail card'!
Quote :The controversy started before the Silverstone race when Webber's car was stripped of 90% of its parts to make an amusing sculpture for Vettel's dressing room. But the Australian won the race despite his car consisting of a chassis, three wheels and a wing mirror.

Epic
Quote from tinvek :someone is going to have not clipped their wheel on properly and it's going to come off, the only way a wheel should be able to be released is if the engine stops automatically

I can't think of many things scarier than the engine shutting off at over 200 mph...
That trio would be awesome to see in action
"is likely to be in the car at some later races this season."

Its bullshit....

They should take HRT off the grid altogether...

Teams like them ruin F1 with their money priorities...
What the f*ck are they doing with those driver switches?

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG