The online racing simulator
Quote from erfrag :Here you go kimd41

You're an idiot.

I'm happy to see some people got my point about points, experiences, etc...

Again, my intention wasn't to insult people's servers or piss people. I must say the title of the topic is wrong, it must be something "Points, experiences, safety %, ranks have gone too far" or something so it doesn't sound like I'm bashing the servers, sorry.
ill get flamed for this but nvm we all have opinions so here's mine if ur cba skip it...

Whats the problem with driving clean race? You have eyes, windscreen and mirrors to look around see what happens around you. You have to be able to predict what might happend in a given situation, or atleast react to one. It would all work perfectly clear if more people were aware that t1 isnt the place to win their races, or indeed any other corner on the track. To make a good win it takes some respect to be given to the cars around you because racing hard and clean is what thats all about.

Would you feel the same if u won your great clean battle and got to the top and if you crashed out the guy infront of you in the last corner? Highly doubt it.
Its often that guys think they superhumans in games so they do whatever they like, divebomming, swinging around blocking the track all over the lap, brake testing im sure they would be more cautious if they had something to lose which with those scoring systems they obviously have. I cant be sure these systems work exactly right, imo its more on the wrong side.

Still lfs dont have inbuild crash detection like some other examples of sim games do but thats another topic.
Driving clean worthy more than bumping out people for some wins,lfsw stats or whatever the reason.

In the end of that novel whats important is to understand is that to have a crash there are atleast 2 cars needed. Trying to avoid accidents is the way go.
Nice post freakster
I don't mind some of the balancing measures that are put in place on servers. Forcing extra weight or intake restrictions is just fine, because it keeps the racing closer until the devs can catch up and rebalance the cars themselves.

On the other hand, I don't want to log into a racing sim and be forced to go through an RPG. If I want to drive the FXO, I don't want to have to grind through dozens and dozens of races on a different server until I can "unlock" that car.
If you're a middle pack finisher (like I was) then it takes literally hundreds of races to level up to the point where you can finally get into the car you originally wanted to drive. That's hardly fair. And if there's only one server running that car then choices are pretty limited.

I know someone is going to say that I'm entitled to start my own server, but I don't have the machine power to do that. Hosting on a home rig (especially my aging one) just isn't practical and there'd be lag all over the place if I did that. So I'd be racing solo, which is just lame.

So I'm all for the anti-cheating measures, the balancing and the anti-wrecker and griefer systems that were in place a couple of years back, but I think it has gone too far now. It's great for the winners, but you can be a clean, safe, fair driver who simply lacks the speed to win and never actually get the chance to race where you want to. Keep the regulations but lose the unlocks and I'd be happy.
Quote from kimd41 :I got the replies I was expecting. People protecting their "favourite" server, telling me to gtfo... doesn't suprise me since they're who full those servers.

These multi-class servers are full because most people just look at the server with most people and join it. I bet if right now we filled a single class server and make it enjoyable it would get as popular.

I don't play in the single class servers because they're empty and I don't have the time to waste to wait for someone to join for hours.

My point is NOT that multi-class suck because they're multi class, my point is that the points, safety %, ranks are killing it.

- Safety %: Why? Crashers get banned by admin. I have to drive with the fear of not doing ANY mistake because I will lose safety % and not able to play.
- Points: I'm okay with points as soon it DOESN'T TAKE MONTHS TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT CLASS!! Some months ago, I played A LOT at IHR to advance to the next class and I didn't even get halfway. I quit racing from there.
- Ranks: Again, I'm okay as soon I don't have to be a total nerd to advance to the next rank so I can use a friggin FXO.

And seriously people, you don't have to go attacking me and judge me by my lap times. I can play good when I want. I spend most of my time on cruise and drift servers because I can drive what I want and I can organize fun races with other people driving my kind of car.

Excuse me ... u just shoveled ur foot up ur ass here .... 1st u conplain about some unimportant safety-rate and stats, WHAT IS CRUISE ABOUT? Stats, ratings, money, SPENDING TONS of time (which u dont have??? or do you?)

U complain coz u are SLOW, and dont earn points as fast as other ppl. This explains ur liking of cruis systems (which take 3x more ages and contain 10x stats of "multiclass sucky servers"

U can drive FXO straight away on cargame.nl right away and anything faster ... u can reach within a week if u are fast enough for it

After all ranks are there to prevent ones like u taking GTR's straight away and then cousing mayham coz u cant handle the car well

AND

If u drive decently clean u will support safety rating, and it will not stop you from driving whaever cat u want, becouse if u dont crash twice a lap and do decent fast laps it will be be prety high

It is a RACE server after all, u are supposed to race not cruise after all
Quote from blackcarmafia :
U can drive FXO straight away on cargame.nl right away and anything faster ... u can reach within a week if u are fast enough for it

AND

If u drive decently clean u will support safety rating, and it will not stop you from driving whaever cat u want, becouse if u dont crash twice a lap and do decent fast laps it will be be prety high

Indeed, it's extremely easy to get the GTRs on cargame.nl(I won't even take into consideration the other multiclass servers since IHR and LLM's GTR server server are dead popularity wise), as long as you aren't a numpty and don't crash every lap. Every time I check it something like 2/3 of the field have a safety rating superior to 90%, which is what you need for the GTRs - and the irony is that I've seen quite a lot of unclean people meeting the requirements even.

If you are a numpty and crash every lap, then it's simple... Just shift+s before you cause a yellow flag, and it won't hurt your SR.
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK. Let's see, I want to enter some racing server to race and have some fun, but noooo I can't because THEY ALL ****ING NEED RANKS, EXPERIENCES, SAFETY % AND POINTS!! :banghead:

What the **** has happened, what happened to the times when we actually raced for fun with any cars? Now, we have to be TOTALLY NERDS and race 24/7 to gain rank, experience, safety % AND points. WTF is this shit?

Why there isn't ANY decent server with people in it, that allows the use of many cars without the need of ranks and experiences?

Imagine a server with a decent amount of people and admins, where we race with different or same kind of cars without any ranks or restrictions and after 3 races or so we change track or type of cars, so every 3 races there would be a different combination of cars and tracks.

IHR sucked because of that, S2 cargame.nl sucks because of that, and all the servers that use this kind of system SUCK and I refuse to play on them. And I'm pretty sure it also kills it for a lot of people.

No lfs driver can drive with another.... its like dividing by zero... Do it and bad sh1t happens... Tbvh
Quote from blackcarmafia :Excuse me ... u just shoveled ur foot up ur ass here .... 1st u conplain about some unimportant safety-rate and stats, WHAT IS CRUISE ABOUT? Stats, ratings, money, SPENDING TONS of time (which u dont have??? or do you?)

U complain coz u are SLOW, and dont earn points as fast as other ppl. This explains ur liking of cruis systems (which take 3x more ages and contain 10x stats of "multiclass sucky servers"

After all ranks are there to prevent ones like u taking GTR's straight away and then cousing mayham coz u cant handle the car well

AND

Actually, depends on what cruise server are you. On the one I am (LsC) I've got a good car in a hour which I can drive no matter what. Unlike in some racing servers, you accidentally crash and lose safety %, BAM go drive xfg again (or not even that).

And I'm not slow, what are you talking about? I used to finish 1st in a LX6 on South City back in the days.

I don't know if I can drive the FXO straight away in cargame.nl, because I gave up a long time ago.

And I don't really feel discussing this anymore, I have stated my points and I refuse to discuss this anymore.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG