The online racing simulator
just drive nothing else you can change
Where's Rodney King when we need him?

Shut up and race.
#53 - th84
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
Was hoping to come back into the Serverlist to see some big race servers, but to no avail none. Cargame was good for an hour though with its little mixed class fields. Not enough fast guys though in each class unlike IHR had back in the winter
i havent really played lfs for more than a year now, not because i dont want to but because the only servers to choose from whenever i look are either drag, cruise, drift and a few racing servers all set to the same car, usually xrf/xrg or the fbm. And the rank thing just makes it harder to join in on the fun.
Quote from JohnPenn :Everyone driving the same car has always worked for me, the track is unimportant, the people on it is what makes it fun ( or not).
Keep it simple, no points, no prizes, admin the server properly and lead by example,

This is pretty important.

OK I might not like a particular combo (GTRs at AS3 - what is wrong with those people? Thousands of laps on the same combo on servers where they're all just yelling at eachother all the time - it's ****ed up) but when people are driving just for the race and not because they need <x> points to get their next badge and get a race in the next car, then you get better races.

When everybody is going to drive straight through you because they need that extra point for their sim-racing eSchlong, you actually get shitter lap ones than you had before the insim plugin.

Honestly I wonder if any remotely successful multiplayer racing title can survive at all. Too many people treat it like single-player, too many people think they can banzai every corner because there's a restart in five minutes, too many people are racing for PBs instead of positions, etc. It's never going to work out for very long I suppose.

But yeah, stuff like CTRA made LFS more shit as soon as it arrived. I suppose if there was a positive it was that it kept online numbers up for a while, but the quality of racing fell immediately.

The only decent server I used for a long time is DMR. And they stick to the criteria JohnPenn described above.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Was hoping to come back into the Serverlist to see some big race servers, but to no avail none. Cargame was good for an hour though with its little mixed class fields. Not enough fast guys though in each class unlike IHR had back in the winter

It's the 4th of July. You expected full servers at this time of night?
Quote from z-ro 8 :It's the 4th of July. You expected full servers at this time of night?

++

... and it's a weekend.
... and it's overnight in most of europe.
Quote from z-ro 8 :It's the 4th of July. You expected full servers at this time of night?

And he calls himself an american

Anyways I think that the selection is good. Remember there are always leagues if you want a specific car. Good luck on finding one that fits you.

@ Tomba(FIN)

Why are you such a troll.
Hes right imo,i cant find a good server either with tbo's on good and fun tracks. all there is: million cruise servers,2 million drift servers,aand 3 million demo servers.. So what i do? i go drift and get bored after 20 min,unless there is some1 good as me and we can twindrift all day long !

Soo group up & set up a collective fast-people server between y'all's teams like n, inferno, inex, etcetc where you can race against other people of roughly your pace in cars you like to drive?

e: in fact, just agree among yourselves that when you're bored you gather up in the NDR TBO server that went up just recently
Quote from NotAnIllusion :

Soo group up & set up a collective fast-people server between y'all's teams like n, inferno, inex, etcetc where you can race against other people of roughly your pace in cars you like to drive?

e: in fact, just agree among yourselves that when you're bored you gather up in the NDR TBO server that went up just recently

never heard that,is it up on weekends? coz i have time only then,and i dont see any tbo servers that are race,not cruise.
Quote from wildwilly :i havent really played lfs for more than a year now, not because i dont want to but because the only servers to choose from whenever i look are either drag, cruise, drift and a few racing servers all set to the same car, usually xrf/xrg or the fbm.

There are PLENTY servers. I think you more have a problem to find a lag free server.

Quote from wildwilly :And the rank thing just makes it harder to join in on the fun.

What fun? Every car has fun.
I have to agree with the OP about the points, safety percentage, etc.

Too many stats kill the fun in game... It feels like World of Warcraft or any MMO out there where you have to grind your way through the levels to get to the interesting content.

I can understand some appreciate this "progression feeling", but LFS is already hard to master properly, so I dont see the need to add more arbitrary barriers to hinder progression.
But can you not also agree with a lot of the other posts? It is not the SERVERS it is the PEOPLE who chose to race on these servers.

There are many servers that have no points systems at all but are empty.
I had between 6-8 great races last night on a well respected and reknowned server without a ranking point in sight

The pity is that such servers are few and far between.

I was a big fan of the CTRA set up when it was at its peak, it was a novelty as far as LFS was concerned. Nobody is anywhere near replicating this and the current multi-class/points based servers are haunted by dubious driving standards at best.

Personally I would like to see both types of server flourish, but in its current stagnanting state I'm not holding my breath
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK. Let's see, I want to enter some racing server to race and have some fun, but noooo I can't because THEY ALL ****ING NEED RANKS, EXPERIENCES, SAFETY % AND POINTS!! :banghead:

What the **** has happened, what happened to the times when we actually raced for fun with any cars? Now, we have to be TOTALLY NERDS and race 24/7 to gain rank, experience, safety % AND points. WTF is this shit?

Why there isn't ANY decent server with people in it, that allows the use of many cars without the need of ranks and experiences?

Imagine a server with a decent amount of people and admins, where we race with different or same kind of cars without any ranks or restrictions and after 3 races or so we change track or type of cars, so every 3 races there would be a different combination of cars and tracks.

IHR sucked because of that, S2 cargame.nl sucks because of that, and all the servers that use this kind of system SUCK and I refuse to play on them. And I'm pretty sure it also kills it for a lot of people.

No need to swear what's the point of doing that? Alright I know that when CTRA closed it was a pitty and downgraded LFS to it's lowest but that's still no need to start swearing as I said in another post I said there is no need to rush LFS if you start rushing LFS they'll go even slower so give them a chance!
Quote from (The Stig) :No need to swear what's the point of doing that? Alright I know that when CTRA closed it was a pitty and downgraded LFS to it's lowest but that's still no need to start swearing as I said in another post I said there is no need to rush LFS if you start rushing LFS they'll go even slower so give them a chance!

A wise post from (The Stig)
I am wondering why the hell do you need to stick every carclass known to mankind, to one server? The way STCC/CTRA worked was perfect, and the AIRIO servers attempt this, but in my opinion, it is ruined by the thing that only one server is used for all cars. I would love to see a proper alternate to CTRA, or a rotating TBO server.
Quote from nikopdr :I am wondering why the hell do you need to stick every carclass known to mankind, to one server? The way STCC/CTRA worked was perfect, and the AIRIO servers attempt this, but in my opinion, it is ruined by the thing that only one server is used for all cars. I would love to see a proper alternate to CTRA, or a rotating TBO server.

just a cheap and effective trick to populate the server and make the quality of racing suck horribly.
Quote from nikopdr :I am wondering why the hell do you need to stick every carclass known to mankind, to one server? The way STCC/CTRA worked was perfect, and the AIRIO servers attempt this, but in my opinion, it is ruined by the thing that only one server is used for all cars. I would love to see a proper alternate to CTRA, or a rotating TBO server.

And yet when someone does launch a TBO server, it always sits empty...

Go figure..
Quote from Bmxtwins :A wise post from (The Stig)

Probably his wisest post ever

Quote from Fuse5 :just a cheap and effective trick to populate the server and make the quality of racing suck horribly.

Yeah, I guess that's the main point(populating the server). I belive the second point would be to make a CTRA like system where you have to show some skills and some commitement(mainly the latter in fact, but nevermind) before driving the fastest cars. This is easiest to do with only one server, as it only requires Airio, and no outsim system. Having only one server also means all the people hanging together, etc... which means, more entertainment on the paper.

About the racing quality, I don't really know what you mean. The only problem in theory is the conflict of cars belonging from different classes - and it mainly happens on blue flags situations, on the smaller tracks(as the races are generally too short on long tracks such as as3/4/5/6, ky3, etc). From my own experience of (IHR), the people involved are generally wise enough to make it work properly - in fact blue flags situations are mainly dealt by the fastest cars. They're supposed to be the most exprienced guys(because of the points system), personnally I never had any problem with that while racing in the smaller classes.
In fact I belive the racing quality problem on multiclass servers is not directly due to the system itself, (IHR) has proven it can work with the good persons on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG