The online racing simulator
"The aerodynamic package of the car has been completely overhauled to bring it more into line with the current generation of Formula 1 cars."

Great idea!
Quote from sinbad :"The aerodynamic package of the car has been completely overhauled to bring it more into line with the current generation of Formula 1 cars."

Great idea!

Until they change the aero rules again of course.
Quote from Intrepid :Until they change the aero rules again of course.

I actually thought everyone would naturally assume (correctly) that I was being sarcastic.

Why anyone would think F1 is a good example of regulations regarding the implementation of aerodynamics in a single seater formula is beyond me. The devices look awkward and they're as bad as they ever were when it comes to following another car.
exactly, in F1 you'll always get teams trying to find an advantage over each other but a single manufacturer series has no excuse for going down an aero route that results in cars that have issues when following each other
Quote from sinbad :I actually thought everyone would naturally assume (correctly) that I was being sarcastic.

Why anyone would think F1 is a good example of regulations regarding the implementation of aerodynamics in a single seater formula is beyond me. The devices look awkward and they're as bad as they ever were when it comes to following another car.

hehe well it isn't outrageous for the idea of being GP2 more in line with F1 car dynamics to be agreeable, so pardon me for not reading the sarcasm

On the new car - visually the GP2 cars do look more 'advanced' and at the least better proportioned than modern F1 so really Bernie had to sort it out.
HRT should buy a chassis for next year, atleast they will be quicker.
Quote from Mustafur :HRT should buy a chassis for next year, atleast they will be quicker.

now that its basicly the same thing as the F1 they should just buy the chassis, strap a cossie engine, and upgrade the aero for f1 levels of downforce and they are done!
Quote from el pibe :now that its basicly the same thing as the F1 they should just buy the chassis, strap a cossie engine, and upgrade the aero for f1 levels of downforce and they are done!

Not so easy. The fact the people that make the HRT made the GP2 car goes to show how tough the rules are in F1 to get right.

You don't just upgrade the aero to F1 levels. There are lots of tiny details that can make massive differences.
Quote from BenjiMC :Not so easy. The fact the people that make the HRT made the GP2 car goes to show how tough the rules are in F1 to get right.

I think the HRT was a product of budgetary and time constraints rather than a product of how difficult it is to build an F1 car. I recall reading their were electronics under tension as well as less-than-ideal materials used in suspension components.

Of course not to say building an F1 car isn't difficult, but I don't think the HRT was a true Dallara product.
Pffft

That's nothin on the '91 Jordan Shazzy

Nice...but these are real lookers. I'd put a pic of the MP4/20, but I can't be arsed to do so at such a late time.
Attached images
94-f1t-silverstone-db.jpg
181822576_340a02980b_b.jpg
Fernando_Alonso_2005_Canada.jpg
Oh how quickly we've forgotten. The "Walrus" Williams was probably the ugliest F1 car in modern times.
Attached images
FW26-1600.jpg
Ugly or Pretty, you decide.

I liked the wallrus...

Quote from JackDaMaster :

Which reminds me to tell any rFactor players that '71 F1 beta mod is now ready to download!
How can Schumacher say he is allready focussing on 2011?

I can imagine teams can sacrifice this years car development in favour of next year, but in what way can a driver benefit in the next year from giving up on the current one?

A driver with such a bad motivation is a waste of a seat. I think Nick Heidfeld will agree.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG