The online racing simulator
Quote from kimd41 :I got the replies I was expecting. People protecting their "favourite" server, telling me to gtfo... doesn't suprise me since they're who full those servers.

One reply, Yes just ONE reply mentioned server names. The ONE that did mention server names actually gave you a nice reply. First he explained why the multiclass servers had points in place and then he kindly pointed you in the direction of a couple of single class servers which do get busy.

Hardly "People protecting their favourite server" is it?

Quote from kimd41 :These multi-class servers are full because most people just look at the server with most people and join it. I bet if right now we filled a single class server and make it enjoyable it would get as popular.

You won't find much dissagreement with this statement on here. Many have said that the sheep follow the crowd onto the fullest servers. The question is how do we change it?

Quote from kimd41 :I don't play in the single class servers because they're empty and I don't have the time to waste to wait for someone to join for hours.

So is it the people or the servers?

shameless plug

We at IHR have tried to offer an incentive to spend some time on our single class server. So far it hasn't worked as well as we'd have liked but you will not see us bitching on here about it. We will keep plugging away trying to build up some interest. Why don't you join us? New car and track every 8 races (OK not quite the 3 you mention in your OP), Tell us your favourite combo and we'll add it to the list. Tell us the combo you hate and we'll consider removing it(vote end is also available). Don't feed back to us and we'll do nothing.

/shameless plug
#27 - wild
Quote from VoiD :btw: slowly but surely I get sick of this! LFS is dead/dying, your/all server sux, "we" need updated/"proper" gfx/tracks/cars/whatever, "What is your situation with LFS?" .. what situation???, etc, etc... Quit LFS please, but please do not ruin our spare-time

Oh so do i! People drive a car for one lap for example the RAC and go I can't drive this car I'll drive a really easy car, then once they're fully up to speed in that car they'll just sit and moan and moan ... So until they've exploited and fully driven all the cars and tracks until they can just shut the f*ck up in other words.
Quote from kimd41 :
- Safety %: Why? Crashers get banned by admin.

And who do you think the admins are? Rich people not having to work and thus being able to administer a server all the time without racing themselves?
No, the admins are normal people with a life outside LFS. The insim Tools allow a basic adminsitration without having the need to have an admin around 24/7.
Admins are racers too, and they do not want to spend all their time dealing with idiots...
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK.

Nah i think its just you.
Quote from kimd41 :I got the replies I was expecting.

Haha, guess I won't try and defend you anymore. Good luck trying to rile people up since that's all you're after here.
you have a hand full of servers atm, but don't expect too many racers on them, I mean its summer, people won't spent much time in front of their PCs (well I do, but its work related)
Pokemon ! Using private skins etc... Now servers suck ... PFF...
Quote from hp999 :Go earn some experience points and don't whine.

I'm not a ****ing Pixie Eater Variety Illusionist (LVL 9), I just want to do some races, in cars and on circuits that I actually like. Not grind ****ing FWDs at Blackwood for hours and hours just to be allowed to race something interesting. It's a shit approach to running a server.

Quote from VoiD :PS: We had this discussion 3 years ago when CTRA suddenly appeard on our lists...

Yeah, megalomaniacs with enough knowledge to write a plugin using insim completely ****ed up online racing in LFS quite quickly.

Insim did considerably more harm than good.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm not a ****ing Pixie Eater Variety Illusionist (LVL 9), I just want to do some races, in cars and on circuits that I actually like. Not grind ****ing FWDs at Blackwood for hours and hours just to be allowed to race something interesting. It's a shit approach to running a server.

For some people it is, for some people it isn't. And I'm one of them.

I'll be straight, rather than setting my goal to get experience points, I just gathered some friends, learned the track and the car, got to know them both in a better way. And that gave me those points. Not endlessly trying to be a nolifer in LFS.
85.057471264368% of the servers are now empty
Cool story bro'!

Go troll on another forum, we got enough trolls already.
NDR TBO is empty because Ellis is on "holiday" and so can't plug it/be on there and my laptop is bust so ditto above.
Everyone driving the same car has always worked for me, the track is unimportant, the people on it is what makes it fun ( or not).
Keep it simple, no points, no prizes, admin the server properly and lead by example, we wouldn't need any patches ...everything that makes LFS fun is already there and has been for 7 years.

Code cant admin.
let people do their thing other people may like it and you may not.
buy yer own server if you cant find a "good" one
I miss the old racing. The old hoping in a TBO server and doing 5 to 7 lap sprints. It was always more fun to race against 20-30 other cars than to race against 5-7 like we do now on the current servers.

Nothing was ever broken or needing to be fixed. When CTRA was out they did seperate it yes, but at least the servers themselves still had one class on at a time. Seems like since then though people just try their best to reproduce CTRA, or use silly Insim Apps just to have the most populated server. Of course though that doesn't mean your server is the best.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm not a ****ing Pixie Eater Variety Illusionist (LVL 9), I just want to do some races, in cars and on circuits that I actually like. Not grind ****ing FWDs at Blackwood for hours and hours just to be allowed to race something interesting. It's a shit approach to running a server.

Yeah, megalomaniacs with enough knowledge to write a plugin using insim completely ****ed up online racing in LFS quite quickly.

Insim did considerably more harm than good.

What he said.

Quote from Mustangman759 :let people do their thing other people may like it and you may not.
buy yer own server if you cant find a "good" one

You are one dumb ****, you know that?
hrmm...Actually:

I think there WILL be decent servers and 24/7 with exact car/track
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :You are one dumb ****, you know that?

is there any need for a comment like this?
Quote from dadge :is there any need for a comment like this?

I'm saying this a lot lately but I have to say it again: It's the forum troll #1 Tomba, just ignore him.
indeed. his comment only shows who the real dummy is.
Live For Speed

Summer Forum Wars 2010

Winner takes the banana!
lol +1 at dadge. though i do want to know what makes me a dumb **** because what i said is 100% correct. oh heres a good one
Tomba might like trolling but most of us dont like trolling.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm saying this a lot lately but I have to say it again: It's the forum troll #1 Tomba, just ignore him.

^Posts Per Day: 5.93

Might want to change your point of view.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :^Posts Per Day: 5.93

Might want to change your point of view.

^Total Posts: 2,727
^Posts consisting of whining/insulting/trolling/any other useless crap: 2,492 (estimate; you do post some edits/screenshots)

Might want to change the content in your posts.
Might want to learn that number of Posts Per Day doesn't have anything to do with trolling or not.

You know, I actually like many of your edits and screenshots. Why not concentrate on those positive things and stop being negative in all of your posts outside of the "Media" forum section?
I like trolling

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG