The online racing simulator
Deportation!
(29 posts, started )
Deportation!
Hi folks. I hope nobody minds me being serious for a moment here but this needs to be addressed.

In the early hours of Tuesday Sakchai Makao was dragged from his home in Shetland and transported to the Scottish mainland and then on to Durham Prison where he is currently being held. Sakchai commited a crime in 2002 and was found guilty. He served his time and was released in 2004, since when he has proved to be a model citizen. Sakchai was born in Thailand but has lived in the Shetlands since he was 14. He is now 23. He only speaks English. He has no family nor any other connections in Thailand. There's a damn good chance that on his arrival he will be immediately conscripted into the Thai army! At present he works for the Shetland Isles council, who were his employers before he commited his crime! That says something! He is a keen athlete and has won medals representing Shetland & Scotland. This boy deserves a break!

This is all clearly an attempt for the UK Government to appear to be in control. Most of us know they are not. I cannot, for the life of me, see what good can be achieved by his deportation.

Here's a link to the BBC news story - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5055418.stm

Here's another link to an online petition set up by his fellow Islanders - http://www.shetlink.com/module ... ;file=viewtopic&t=850

I know a lot of you folks are fair-minded decent people and I fervently hope some of you will read the story and make the effort to join the petition. There has to be some justice in this world.

BTW - I'm sorry for all the exclamation marks and will refrain from their use in future.
I have signed the petition, looks like a one off case that needs to be sorted.

However I do think the government need to get tough of deportation.

Just maybe this case wasn't the correct one to use
-
(BrandonAGr) DELETED by BrandonAGr
I think deportation is something good. And about him being a model citizen... Well, to be honest, it's the ones that seem to be the most trustworthy, are the least.
Over here they have just tried to make a contract with Marocco, to deport all Maroccan prisoners here in Belgium, back to Marocco. Especially the ones wich have no real connection to Belgium.

So as far as I'm concerned, deportion is good. And I would like to know what this crime was, maybe then it would make more sense why they want to deport him.

Okay, so it was fire raising... That's rather serious, don't you think? It's not like you really do that per accident. I don't know the whole story, but I doubt it was an accident.

*p.s. I don't know if Marocco is written like that in English, but I hope you guys know wich country I mean*
Quote from sgt.flippy :I think deportation is something good. And about him being a model citizen... Well, to be honest, it's the ones that seem to be the most trustworthy, are the least.
Over here they have just tried to make a contract with Marocco, to deport all Maroccan prisoners here in Belgium, back to Marocco. Especially the ones wich have no real connection to Belgium.

So as far as I'm concerned, deportion is good. And I would like to know what this crime was, maybe then it would make more sense why they want to deport him.

Okay, so it was fire raising... That's rather serious, don't you think? It's not like you really do that per accident. I don't know the whole story, but I doubt it was an accident.

*p.s. I don't know if Marocco is written like that in English, but I hope you guys know wich country I mean*

Yes it was a serious crime. However, he's done his time. He was released more than two years ago and has since won athletics medals for his island and his country. His employer prior to his crime took him back after he'd served his time. Would your employer do that for you? He speaks absolutely no Thai. What would be gained by his deportation? Can someone be punished ad infinitum for the same crime?
I think this is a pretty bad knee-jerk reaction from the governments in question, I have also signed the petition and will be passing it on to other forums I frequent.

On a side note I think that a lot of people are becoming obsessed with immigrants, asylum seekers and the like - using them as scapegoats, has anyone noticed lately that if someone who isn't white (even though they are nationals) commits a crime there is a big fuss compared to the vast majority of crime that is commited by young white males?
If you want to stay in England, don't follow the rules, don't apply for citzenship, don't announce your visit, be illegal.

A few weeks ago a woman who has lived in England for years, went though all the hops, had children and family here was sent back to the US because she served in the US Army. Yet people who sneak into the country can stay. There is something very wrong with that.

If that guy wants to stay in the UK, he shoud let them deport him, then illegaly come back in, they'll let him stay that way
Welcome to England.

Heres a job in a government office.

Or..

Welcome to England.

Ohh you mudrered someone? Prison.

Released. Gone missing, done it again, still missing.

I love my country to bits but the government are just pants at the end of the day. I'm just waiting for the day an illegal runs for PM and gets it!
Maybe if we stopped making some countries such a horrible place to live we wouldn't have this 'problem'. illepall
Quote from [Thief]G(o)A :Maybe if we stopped making some countries such a horrible place to live we wouldn't have this 'problem'. illepall

We?

Its got nothing to do with me. The blame lies on bLAIRS shoulders, and the people that kept the muppet in power, not mine.

Problem is, it doesnt matter who you vote for. You'll still end up with a bunch of useless corrupt twats.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
He isn't an illegal immigrant. He is a foreign national who has managed to get a criminal record. There is a difference.
Quote from zorrofox :He isn't an illegal immigrant. He is a foreign national who has managed to get a criminal record. There is a difference.

Yeah, if he was an illegal immigrant then he'd be allowed to stay.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :We?

Problem is, it doesnt matter who you vote for. You'll still end up with a bunch of useless corrupt twats.

Yep...... That's why I'm Voting for Kinky Friedman...

Uhh... Deporting an ATHLETE??? Does he suck or something? Doesn't matter what the crime was, athletes can get away with murder. Wait a minute... What SPORT does he play? Here In Texas - oops the US, I bet Bin Laden would be allowed to stay here if he had a decent Jumper, Batted .450 or threw for six consecutive touchdowns his last game.

I bet if this guy in Shetland was a decent goalie, or could bowl(?) good,
this would be a non issue. But if he does something like curling or marathon
running..... he's on his own.

Speaking of illegal Immigration, Just how bad is it over in Europe and the UK?
Like when a pick-up truck pulls into a parking lot of a convenience store
or gas station, do a bunch a guys that speak a different language come running from the side of the building and jump into the back of it?
LOL my son was wanting a summer job... I told him to hang out at the
store for a while.
I really don't know why they want to come to this country... all the good jobs got shipped off or outsourced and the crime and pollution are bad.
They usualy walk along the channel tunnel. And if they do scamper into the back of a lorry (and the driver doesn't know) the driver is penalised, and they usualy jump out wherever they please. Main reason for them being 'scattered' across the country.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :They usualy walk along the channel tunnel. And if they do scamper into the back of a lorry (and the driver doesn't know) the driver is penalised, and they usualy jump out wherever they please. Main reason for them being 'scattered' across the country.

The person Didn't Know? I thought you went thru that tunnel at freeway speeds. That's gotta be bad at times - yuck! I bet they'd be scattered. Here, they come in waves.
Quote from Racer Y :The person Didn't Know? I thought you went thru that tunnel at freeway speeds. That's gotta be bad at times - yuck! I bet they'd be scattered. Here, they come in waves.

Lots of people jump into the backs of trucks to get into England, if they are found the trucker gets fined, a lot, and in some cases (like a British trucker who was found to have immegrents in the back of his truck in france), get stuck where they are.

The channel tunnel is a train system.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Lots of people jump into the backs of trucks to get into England, if they are found the trucker gets fined, a lot, and in some cases (like a British trucker who was found to have immegrents in the back of his truck in france), get stuck where they are. The channel tunnel is a train system.

Hmmm... After they get in, do they get benefits like here? When I meant jump in the back of a truck, I meant after they already got here. People, usually
consrtuction contractors will pick them up for day labor or something.
There was a South Park episode about people traveling back in time... to get jobs. If you seen that one, that episode pretty much describes the situation over here.
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmm... After they get in, do they get benefits like here? When I meant jump in the back of a truck, I meant after they already got here. People, usually
consrtuction contractors will pick them up for day labor or something.
There was a South Park episode about people traveling back in time... to get jobs. If you seen that one, that episode pretty much describes the situation over here.

I have seen that one.

The best way for them to get benefits here is if a pregnent woman comes over, and has her child here before being deported, then the child is English, because of which the family can stay. So most people try and do that as health care here is free for anyone :/
No offence guys but I started this thread in the hope that we could maybe help someone in a bad situation. It was not meant to be turned into a rant about 'Johnny Foreigner'.

Maybe if we stopped bombing the shit out of other countries people wouldn't feel the need to run to somewhere else. Just a thought.
The fact is, regardless of protests and what not, the government will deport him. They've done it a lot recently, even to people who haven't broken the law. They are getting a lot of stick recently because of all of their cockups, so they are coming down overly hard on imegration and such. The trouble being it's only the people who want to follow the law and be a (generally) good citizens who are getting kicked out.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N : The trouble being it's only the people who want to follow the law and be a (generally) good citizens who are getting kicked out.

Aren't they being deported because they didn't follow the law? IE they are not in the country legally/following proper procedure?
Quote from BrandonAGr :Aren't they being deported because they didn't follow the law? IE they are not in the country legally/following proper procedure?

Last week a woman was kicked out of England because she served in the US army (or navy, I forget which), but she was here after going though all the paper work and such. But they decied her stay was up and she had to leave her family here and was flown back to the US, where she now has to argue her case to come back :/

She didn't break any laws, she went though all the hopes, and had spent pretty much all of her life here. But because she served for the US, she wasn't allowed to stay. Make sence, I think not.
Quote from zorrofox :No offence guys but I started this thread in the hope that we could maybe help someone in a bad situation. It was not meant to be turned into a rant about 'Johnny Foreigner'.

Maybe if we stopped bombing the shit out of other countries people wouldn't feel the need to run to somewhere else. Just a thought.

Uh... I'm not for or against illegal immigration. I know alot about it and how it works or is supposed to work here. After 9/11 things got totally screwed up.
Also, I think the last time we "bombed" ANY one in Latin America was when
the US Army was chasing Pancho Villa. I think that was the first time in history an Aircraft was used in combat. They used machine guns though...

I live in a Mexican Neighborhood. If you realized how much these people actually pump money into the economy, both here and at home, you'd realize they are needed here. But after the border tightening and the economy in some sort of recession, all the jobs "lazy Americans" won't do (yeah right.. not lazy - Needs to be $$$ to pay bills here folks) are kinda full up and the flow of immigrants IN to the country has done nothing but increase. I have nothing against 'Johnny Foreigner'. Most of those people are some of the best people you'll ever meet, but there's gotta be limits.

Oh, Do y'all ever see guys with M-13 tattooed on their foreheads in that tunnel?
Quote from Racer Y :Uh... I'm not for or against illegal immigration. I know alot about it and how it works or is supposed to work here. After 9/11 things got totally screwed up.
Also, I think the last time we "bombed" ANY one in Latin America was when
the US Army was chasing Pancho Villa. I think that was the first time in history an Aircraft was used in combat. They used machine guns though...

I live in a Mexican Neighborhood. If you realized how much these people actually pump money into the economy, both here and at home, you'd realize they are needed here. But after the border tightening and the economy in some sort of recession, all the jobs "lazy Americans" won't do (yeah right.. not lazy - Needs to be $$$ to pay bills here folks) are kinda full up and the flow of immigrants IN to the country has done nothing but increase. I have nothing against 'Johnny Foreigner'. Most of those people are some of the best people you'll ever meet, but there's gotta be limits.

Oh, Do y'all ever see guys with M-13 tattooed on their foreheads in that tunnel?

This is very true of course. The USA doesn't need to bomb it's neighbours. Your grossly unfair economic policies achieve essentially the same results. And you still get to go to the beach.
signed! I feel it is unjust and a little unfair. Its just a way for the government to cover up their own mess so in a few months time they can come up with another useless statistic on the news saying they have finally managed to get hold of all those serious criminals they let go.

mad

Deportation!
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG