The online racing simulator
Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
Quote from lizardfolk :Did anyone watch the Croft race? I'm not sure what to think of Sheddon giving Collard "half a car" and pushing him on the grass. That definitely made a difference on Collard's momentum.....

He didnt actually touch him though, Collard hit Shedden trying to get back on but if there was a rule to say that wasnt allowed then im sure Shedden would have been penalised. Yesterdays driving standards were disgusting though a lot of damage in race 1 especially to Andrew Jordan who admitted he just kept driving into people because he had understeer.
I don't really mind Shedden putting Collard half on the grass, Rob would have surely known that is what would have happened if he tried it around the outside coming out of the hairpin.

Glad for Andrew Jordan in the third race, I didn't think he would have the pace to stay ahead but the battling behind meant he did and Tom O-C couldn't quite catch him.

The scariest thing for me was seeing the incar of Andy Neate taking out Andrew Jordan at Oulton last time out, it was literally a P.I.T manouvre but when he got him sideways it was full lock and full power into him, that was the most rediculous thing I've ever seen in touring cars and he should have have more than just a DQ and a grid penalty, disgusting.
Does anyone else think that the BTCC is a crashfest this year?
In the past there has always been minor contact and such, stuff that drivers could quote "rubbing's racing" with after the race, but 2010 just seems ridiculous, If drivers can not pass they just put their cars into the back of whoever they are trying to pass.

Some examples:
Plato, Chilton - Oulton
Neal, Collard - Thruxton
Kane, Nash, Pinkney - Rockingham
Jackson, Plato - Oulton
Jordan, Jackson - Croft
Jackson, Neate - Rockingham
Neate, Wood - Oulton
Collard, Shedden - Rockingham
Plato, Neal - Thruxton

I could go on for ages, but there are just too many to list.

Something that really got to me on Sunday at Croft was an incident at the hairpin, can't remember who it involved (possibly because there were so many incidents at that hairpin) but listening to Tim Harvey basically say that if a driver has sat behind a car for long enough he has right to make contact to force a pass, come to think of it I think it was Collard(surprise) against Chilton. This, to me is unacceptable.

It annoys me when I have to try to spot a car without damage after every race, It's a championship, not a one off race.

I will admit, I have enjoyed some of the battles this year between closely matched cars, but at the minute it's really putting me off the BTCC, so much so I now prefer to watch the PCC GB.

/Rant over
I find Carrera Cup processional to watch.
Hows that? 3 classes battling it out, in 450bhp machines with great sounds and interesting moments, maybe you have to see it in the flesh but it's usually great stuff.
I've seen it in the flesh, just this season, when I saw it I wasn't convinced. Like, without a shadow of a doubt it's one of the best racing cars out there, in my opinion. Just I feel that it gets too spaced out, over such a small number of laps. (well, 18 laps isn't small, but you understand.. like they pull too many car lengths and stuff, and it doesn't make great racing watching cars hotlap in the hope they'll find the car in front.)

But just my opinion
Quote from pacesetter :I've seen it in the flesh, just this season, when I saw it I wasn't convinced. Like, without a shadow of a doubt it's one of the best racing cars out there, in my opinion. Just I feel that it gets too spaced out, over such a small number of laps. (well, 18 laps isn't small, but you understand.. like they pull too many car lengths and stuff, and it doesn't make great racing watching cars hotlap in the hope they'll find the car in front.)

But just my opinion

They are usually bunched quite close together in their own classes.
Quote from jakeeatworld :They are usually bunched quite close together in their own classes.

Fair point, but the only people I'm interested in watching are in the Pro class, and it's usually Caine or Harvey who has driven away this season, maybe with Geddie tagging along..

Anyway, I just find it boring to watch, but that's only my opinion.

Next year's car is even nicer, though.

Sorry for O/T.
The Porsches are crap. I would write a long post about it but...no. They've been better this year admittedly but it really gets tiring when ITV harp on about them being amazing. It's quite fun to see them zooming around in the flesh but it doesn't translate to TV that well and that isn't really the point, especially in tin-top racing. Plus, they may be bunched up occasionally but if there's no overtaking it does seem a little pointless.
has anyone seen any more specifics on the new NGTC specs? I'm mostly looking for what rim size will be used, all I can find is "larger rims and tyres". Which means 18" or 19" rims. SuperTouring used 19", are they planning to return to those days with the rims I wonder?
Was anyone else at Snetterton today?
Me and Danowat were there, was a good day, plenty of racing, and mucho sunburn
love how the comentators didn't seem to even notice newey was still in his car despite the medical personel by his door
So why did Team AON elect to let Chilton win both races 1 and 2 when Onslow-Cole could now have been really close to Plato in the championship?
It was a shame for Onslow-Cole. He could have been the third driver to get three wins in a day.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :My cousin got a podium in the Porsche Carrera cup race!

Oh notice that nobody cares?
#92 - AMB
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh notice that nobody cares?

You pick out a message that's had about 10 posts after it, and to say 'nobody cares' but you put the effort in to quote it and reply, seriously, you're as thick as they come when it comes to trolls, go troll somewhere else BlueLame (Yes I thought of that myself)

Feel free to change your name to 'Blue Flame-o-Insane-o'
#93 - 5haz
10 posts and 4 months.

Badman!
It wasn't meant badly, I said it because the LFS community doesn't have an interest in an achievement attained by a non forum member that's related to someone on here.

It was more like, isn't it a shame that nobody cares. Just goes to prove, life's what you make it, and most people make my comments as bad/insulting.
Just thought I'd find some reactions on that entertaining round at Silverstone but all I get is BlueFlame making new friends and getting compliments from the mods
I've just finished watching the Silverstone race on ITV player, and I'm left wondering why drivers get penalties for running a bit wide on a corner and not for ramming other cars out of the way. I want to watch clean drivers like Paul O'Neill racing in his old Integra and still getting podiums, not thugs in BMW's and Honda's playing banger racing.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I've just finished watching the Silverstone race on ITV player, and I'm left wondering why drivers get penalties for running a bit wide on a corner and not for ramming other cars out of the way. I want to watch clean drivers like Paul O'Neill racing in his old Integra and still getting podiums, not thugs in BMW's and Honda's playing banger racing.

You're in the minority then! Fact is BTCC needs to maintain this 'type' of racing because it's what draws TV viewers and spectators. Just like F1 needs 'politics' to maintain viewer interest.

Classes not under the strain of commercial pressure often provide cleaner racing, but it's not what the viewers want. I can understand this because I do watch BTCC, often in disgust, but it's still quite entertaining once you drop any moral objections to some of the bashing.
BTCC does not need the sheer stupidity of drivers such as Collard and Neal to keep its publicity.
That sort of driving (not going to call it racing because to me, that is not racing) is not fun to watch unless you like hyped up banger cars. If the racing continues as it has been between the Fords and nearly every other car on the track, TO-C or Tom Chilton are going to be injured pretty soon, And with Knockhill coming up if the contact is as bad as Silverstone disaster is just around the corner for Team AON.
Watched the races last night too and obviously some moves were really silly, especially the ones with Jackson and Collard. But bah, this is BTCC, I guess this kind of things is part of the show somehow... BTCC has always been more forgiving on this kind of stuff than the other touring car series AFAIK...

I still belive that the marshalls should have been harsher with the people running wide at Copse. It was looked quite obvious to me than doing so was giving them a few kph of extra speed before Maggots. I heard they told them in the briefing that doing that more than 3 times wouldn't be accepted, but a good part of the field did that 2/3 of the time, clearly on purpose(Plato for example). I also recall of the pass Neal did on O'Neal at Maggots in race 2, if he didn't run wide at Copse he wouldn't have had the momentum to dive on the inside there.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] : I heard they told them in the briefing that doing that more than 3 times wouldn't be accepted,

I believe they said consistently and as Tim Harvey said, an easy way to get around that as a touring car driver is doing it every other lap

Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG