The online racing simulator
Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
Btcc 2010
so whos looking forward to the season. anyone got any perticular person who you think will win. i think chilton has a chance and so does plato
Season finale was fantastic, lookin forward to the 2010 season.
I'm more excited about this than F1. And I'm extremely excited about F1.
It'll be weird not seeing the bright orange Team RAC cars for the first time in few years. Can anyone cofirm if Turkington is racing in the BTCC again this year? I can seem to find much info.

I expect the Focuses (Focii?) to be right up at the sharp end now after Chilton's great results towards the end last season, it just seems that they needed to work on making their pace last the entire race.

Whatever happens, it will be as exciting as ever and I can't wait. Oh, and Andrew Jordan's car looks awesome!

+1 for jordans car looks great. really liking the agressive cars this year
bit changed so far because we've got

Eurotech:
Jordan

Team AON:
Tom Chilton
Tom Onslow Cole

West Surrey Racing:
Andy Neate
Rob Collard
Colin Turkington

Pinkney Motorsport:
Dave Pinkney

Sunshine.co.uk:
Paul O'neill
John George

Other possibles are

RML:
Jason Plato
Mat Jackson

Boulevard Racing:
Martin Johnson

?:
Lea Wood

Motorbase Performance:
Ben Collins?
Johnny Adam?
Phil Glew?

Honda:
Matt Neal
Johnny Herbert? (said he will do both Superstars and BTCC if possible)

There might be more cant think of any at the moment though
Cant wait for this season,

The last meeting was fantastic. The roar Of the crowd was immense, I've been going for years and I've never seen/heard it like that before.
if you wanna hear an even louder roar of the crowd go to Silverstone and sit in the last grandstand, its amazing, last year when Mat Jackson took the lead from Collard you could hear the crowd over the engines on the tv coverage
Well that's the first race done, great to have Gio back and winning again! Thruxton lives up to its usual self by destroying tyres, shame for the two Focii as they were going really well.

Although what does it say about the state of motosport that the 2009 BTCC Champion, Turkington, can't even find the funds for a drive this year?
I can't get proper BTCC coverage here, and it's pretty much my favorite racing.:banghead::bananadea:gnasher:

**** you very much, Speed Channel, you fat sack of ****. what are you showing right now? Rally Targa Highlights from 2009? old news, GIVE ME MY BTCC FIX ARGGGGGGHHHHHH **** YOU!

EDIT: This rant no longer applies.
Quote from Minimaxman :Although what does it say about the state of motosport that the 2009 BTCC Champion, Turkington, can't even find the funds for a drive this year?

Yea, 'tis a shame. Though, Gio didn't even have a ride until a week ago. Strange times.
Giovanardi was brilliant today, if Uniq have any sense then they'll give him a deal for the rest of the season
I can't stand the standard of the 'racing' in BTCC, especially from the likes of Matt Neal. So many of the drivers think it's acceptable to just shunt someone off the track instead of making a real attempt at a pass.

The MSA needs to get a lot harsher on collisions, because it's not going to stop until people get punished.

For everyone about to say "but that's racing!!!!11". No it isn't, at least not anywhere outside of banger racing. If I was working with one of those teams, I'd be very angry to see all my hard work ruined by some idiot driving into my driver from the side/rear.
#14 - 5haz
Its because the cars have too much grip for the amount of power they have and are too evenly matched, the only way past is to shunt and thats why the likes of Matt Neal and Jason Plato are some of the more successful drivers.
i say allow some big v8 boats :P or raise engine capacity to 2.5-3.0 and big turbos
Quote from spookthehamster :I can't stand the standard of the 'racing' in BTCC, especially from the likes of Matt Neal. So many of the drivers think it's acceptable to just shunt someone off the track instead of making a real attempt at a pass.

The MSA needs to get a lot harsher on collisions, because it's not going to stop until people get punished.

For everyone about to say "but that's racing!!!!11". No it isn't, at least not anywhere outside of banger racing. If I was working with one of those teams, I'd be very angry to see all my hard work ruined by some idiot driving into my driver from the side/rear.

Don't watch.

I enjoy the rubbing. Blatant attacks are not something that belong there, but most of the contact I see is not intentional anyways so that's a mute point. The BTCC may be more 'spirited' than most other racing, but so what? It's entertaining.
The championship doesn't seem the same this year, too much like any other championship, I didn't enjoy today's racing as much as usual.
I know what you mean, it always seemed to be slightly missing something or someone. Maybe it's the lack of the Team RAC orange cars, or the works Vauxhalls. Although I don't think any of the races actually featured all of the top runners battling together, Race 1 the Hondas and Focuses went out, in the last race one Honda and one WSR Beemer went out.

I don't think Thruxton helps particularly as quite a number of the FWD boys were being slightly conservative to try and make their tyres last. I think when we get to Brands Indy it should all liven up nicely.
I was made up to see the return of Gio the BTCC

I've been looking on and off during the close season to see if there was word of him driving in WTCC but didn't find anything, hadn't checked the sites this week so to when I looked at the BTCC site yesterday morning and saw the news I was happy

I hope Uniq do/can keep him driving for the whole championship.

Now to start work on a skin for the FXO to mimic the Uniq 'livery' - which is mainly sponsor logos, LOL
Quote from 5haz :Its because the cars have too much grip for the amount of power they have and are too evenly matched, the only way past is to shunt and thats why the likes of Matt Neal and Jason Plato are some of the more successful drivers.

Bullshit, the WTCC manages to be exciting and even have a little rubbing without the blatant attacks from BTCC. Neal and Plato are successful because they're dicks and know they are famous enough to get away with it.

Every race I watch I think it's got better, then someone (almost always one of those two) will come in and use somebody else as a brake to get through and knock them out.

Collard didn't deserve what he got from Neal.
i agree with you spook, that move was appalling Neal should have been given a warning or a one race ban for that idiotic bumper car manouvre.
its no wonder collard was pissed .
It was funny Collard talking about bad driving though, you must admit! At least it was Neal and Collard that went out.
Collard trying to be serious just doesnt work cos he sounds like a clown
I watched it all, the support races too, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Totally sucked when Matt Neal took our Rob, he was on course to get his first win at his home ground and gets punted by some idiot who still believed he was in the right?

His explanation was somewhere along the lines of "I went around his outside and he turned in on me at the apex" asswipe. I used to enjoy watching him drive, nowadays I dislike him more and more and it was 100% guarantee'd that Neal and Plato would come together when they got close on track...

Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG