The online racing simulator
Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
i think Turkington's is owned by his family and when it makes that money as a lot of other BTCC fans have discussed we're mistified as why they dont put some of that money into his racing.
What happened to the TV coverage?, i came in to see how the touring cars were going & all i got was bloody asian network.
The highlights program was a f&^kin piss take too. Half way through the highlights of the best race they cut to adverts wtf? .

Really has gone downhill fast, added to a serious lack of motorsport on terrestrial TV these days its not looking good tbh.
Yeah 7 hours live on a free to air channel is really shit.
Quote from boothy :Yeah 7 hours live on a free to air channel is really shit.

whooh... 7 hours live broadcasting... hmm I could be jealouse of it... Exept the 24h-races of LeMans and Nürburgring-Nordschleife there are no 7 hours of live motorsport broadcasting here...
Quote from boothy :Yeah 7 hours live on a free to air channel is really shit.

care to share the wisdom?
11 to 6 works out at 7 hours in my book. Unfortunately, as the UK's broadcaster of the IPL, it intervened so the coverage stopped at 3pm, but continued live on itv.com and the stuff which was missed was shown in the highlights package.
+1 didn't have chance top see it but to ITV for such a long program, don't normally see that sort of coverage of a motorsport event on any other mainstream tv company's channel unless its a rain delayed race on sky.
hmmm i kind of got used to it being on all afternoon. As i work till 2pm i was a bit peeved when i got back & it all shut down at 3pm. I couldn't watch via the net as my internet has retarded itself again.

It seems i didnt miss much anyway, my bro's said it was all crap apart from the fords sliding around with the wrong tyres on.
Quote from anttt69 :hmmm i kind of got used to it being on all afternoon. As i work till 2pm i was a bit peeved when i got back & it all shut down at 3pm. I couldn't watch via the net as my internet has retarded itself again.

It seems i didnt miss much anyway, my bro's said it was all crap apart from the fords sliding around with the wrong tyres on.

I think Team AON should be renamed to Team Cockup because everytime it looks like they're gonna do well, they do something to bugger it up for themselves
Cant wait to go tomorrow, Going to piss down with rain, But i get Free Vip
Shame Touring cars is loosing it's touch..
I missed the third race, anyone know where I can see it? It's not on the online ITV Player thing.
If you don't have RU let me know.
Brands Hatch was the best race meeting of this years BTCC, the grand prix track is a great addition. Proved itself for the finale last year and has yet again proved it provides brilliant racing.
Anyone else think the itv coverage is crap? I'm watching race 2 right now.. and.. just.. wow. They show a car getting alongside another going into a corner and then stick with that same camera staring at the rest of the field entering the corner instead of switching to a camera that can see the pass. What the hell? I don't want to stare at some back markers driving single file. They've done it two or three times now.
They didn't have the same amount of cameras as the Brands GP race last year; I could see there was camera scaffolding at the end of the long straight on the GP loop but obviously no working camera there so they had to wait until they came round the corner.
My cousin got a podium in the Porsche Carrera cup race!
Quote from Minimaxman :I missed the third race, anyone know where I can see it? It's not on the online ITV Player thing.

Not directed at Minimaxman, but more a general note. If you don't have access to, or for some reason can't or won't use RU, you can get the current season from rutracker.org. http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2876048)

Downside is that the entire site is in Russian, but navigation is possible even without a translator. Maxed my downstream, http://www.torrent-invites.com ... -english-translation.html
/bump

Did nobody watch Oulton Park? 2nd and 3rd races were normal BTCC stuff, but the first was great. Really close, clean racing all of the way I thought
Quote from NotAnIllusion :/bump

Did nobody watch Oulton Park? 2nd and 3rd races were normal BTCC stuff, but the first was great. Really close, clean racing all of the way I thought

I went to it.. Didn't really see the third, as we left early to get back home in time..

The Carrera Cup was dull, spaced out racing.. but I must say, in my opinion it's often like that.

Ginetta G50's were okay, some nice racing on Sunday.

Juniors were good too, plenty of overtaking

Clio's weren't great tbh, didn't watch FRenault, although the new shape car looks great

And BTCC, Some nice driving, especially from Plato in the second race before he thumped Onslow Cole, but the Focii do look very very quick in a straight line.
Watched all three BTCC races on the weekend (from my sofa), the first was good, glad Tom O-C managed to hold on to get the win. The third was good from an entertainment point of view, lots of argy-bargy to keep things interesting. Unlucky that Plato got nerfed by Jackson in (I think) the second race, if it wasn't for that he'd be ahead in the Championship now.

I felt the coverage was lacking in replays all day, we never got to see exactly how Plato managed to get so much damage on the front of his Chevy, I can imagine how but we never actually saw it.

Overall it still doesn't seem quite as good as last year, the smaller grid doesn't help, neither does the lack of Turkington, Muller, Jelley, Thompson and Herbert!
To add to this point;
Quote from Minimaxman :

Overall it still doesn't seem quite as good as last year, the smaller grid doesn't help, neither does the lack of Turkington, Muller, Jelley, Thompson and Herbert!

I think that the lack of 'star quality' is the problem really.. but budget restraints has caused this, the amount of blank space on these cars is rather astounding, as it's promoted as the UK's premier racing series.
Does anyone else think the BTCC should be one of the support races to either the Porsche or Ginetta events? If you want star quality and good clean racing then those are the ones to watch.
BTCC was good yesterday all 3 races were closely fought Race 3 was the best with however many different leaders throughout the race and then the best man won
Damit, Won a pair of tickets for Croft but i'm racing on that weekend.. Anyone from surrey want the pair for £20. Croft is doing them at £27 each.
I think it's a weekend ticket, not too sure, So it's like £33 each
Did anyone watch the Croft race? I'm not sure what to think of Sheddon giving Collard "half a car" and pushing him on the grass. That definitely made a difference on Collard's momentum.....

Btcc 2010
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG