The online racing simulator
Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )

Poll : Should marijuana be legalised?

I feel strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should be legalised.
I don't care if marijuana is legalised.
I feel strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
Quote from Klutch :Man i can barely order a pizza when stoned, let alone figure out how to work a clutch.

to quote joe rogan:

Quote :you could get so high that you forget to call your girlfriend, but you'd never get so high you'd forget how to use a phone. <snip> you'd never pick up a phone and say "wtf is this?"...

you could get so high that you lose your mind and cheat on your wife... you'd never get so high that you'd tell her.

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :For instance, cops refusing to acknowledge that the users are growing and using marijuana legally

there's a problem with that. it's illegal federally, but legal within the state. it gives the cops something to blame when they go busting down your door.
Quote from bunder9999 :there's a problem with that. it's illegal federally, but legal within the state. it gives the cops something to blame when they go busting down your door.

new federal guidelines dictate that they won't persecute any users with debilitating diseases operating legally under the state laws. The person in this case was pretty bad off iirc, any amount of homework would have told the cops that. Searching for an article, but no luck yet.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :new federal guidelines dictate that they won't persecute any users with debilitating diseases operating legally under the state laws.

that doesn't say anything for the shops in california that got busted last year. if you can't get your medicine, then you can't use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6QURy2kSNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWVhna6BHq4

edit: veteran's affairs in new mexico says no to medicinal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96o8ZAgAej8

colorado says no to dispensaries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSBRZZxkqhg
and that's the big problem with our laws, yes. Overlapping jurisdictions and and laws that are vague at best and contradictory for sure.

It's illegal under federal law, but they won't prosecute you anymore. However it technically being illegal is enough to make the entire legality of the state laws come into question. Some choose just to not go open that can of worms at all (VA). And state laws have been counteracted by city ordinances and laws in places (LA), so pretty much everywhere is riddled with loopholes and contradictions from layers upon layers of laws. It all goes back to the argument of states' rights vs. federalism that has been happening in our country since the Articles of Confederation.

EDIT: I mean they'll raid dispensaries, but they won't prosecute individual medical marijuana users as of new guidelines in 2009. Dispensaries run into all the laws about how much can be in any one place at a time and the sale of marijuana that home growers don't break. It can still be grown at home without as many risks.
Quote from morpha :I'm going to make a non-judgemental assumption here and assume you consume more than a single spliff when your inability to order pizza sets in

....quite possibly haha

Quote from mrodgers :Pizza was easy. Had a friend who was manager of a Pizza Hut. We just called up, asked for the manager, asked if there were any "mistakes" that night, and by the time we got down there, we had 4-5 pizzas waiting for us at no charge

Thats cheating though hahaha
Quote from amp88 :

Hmm, not sure where you're pulling this from. I don't currently use marijuana and haven't for a considerable time. I also don't believe I'm immature. However, I see the harmful effects that its currently illegal status has on society. Our jails are already overfilled and a large proportion of those incarcerated are there for drugs related offences. By taking many dealers out of the equation (which is what would happen if the supply was controlled and regulated by the Government prisons would be less overcrowded and less money would be spent housing criminals convicted for drug offences.

You're contradicting yourself here. You say "almost everyone" has smoked marijuana (which I take objection to because I don't believe it is anywhere near accurate) and you say it kills relationships and personality. You're saying everyone who's smoked marijuana has lost the people they were in a relationship with and has lost their personality? What would you say about the hundreds or thousands of famous marijuana users throughout modern human history? Bob Marley or the Beatles for example. Have they lost their personality? Turned into paranoid zombies? You're spouting the same old, tired propaganda informed by no real evidence.

You are dead right about the prisons but legalizing cannabis only sorts out that one problem.

Almost everyone has tried and maybe smoked cannabis for a considerable time, but over the years people grow up and stop doing it. Smoking anything is bad for you, tobacco, crack or cannabis it doesn't matter.

Just because musicians have or still do smoke marijuana doesn't make it right, even if they are good at what they do, they would be good at what they did/do regardless of the drugs they take. People who have taken in alot of Marijuana become lethargic. Most of the world already suffer because the government are too lethargic to do anything. Marijuana also impairs vision (in terms of imagination and fore-thought) so having the government smoking Marijuana will only cause more problems when the government can't be arsed to deal with any of the problems.

What I meant by personality, is that it CAN change, and it CAN destroy relationships, but like alcohol, it will inevitably do that, unless your relationship counterpart is also including in the drug/alcohol abusage.

If you legalize cannabis, why not legalize cocaine. I mean, what difference is it? You may become addicted to the drug itself or the effects of it, but eitherway you become a useless cadaver just waiting to die.

Cannabis affects the body more than tobacco for instance. I wouldn't like to see someone who has smoked cannabis driving a car. Cannabis is something that can only be traced by smell, or by a drugs test (which costs tax payers money) so instead of drugs testing someone for a petty driving offence so they can get off scott-free, why not just have the cops smell them and they go to jail?
Again, you're just spouting the same propaganda that you've been exposed to over the years by the Government, the Police, movies/tv etc. These opinions and 'facts' are not backed up by evidence.

Quote from BlueFlame :Almost everyone has tried and maybe smoked cannabis for a considerable time, but over the years people grow up and stop doing it.

Where is your proof that "almost everyone has tried and maybe smoked cannabis for a considerable time"? How much is "almost everyone"? 90%? 95%?

Quote from BlueFlame :Smoking anything is bad for you, tobacco, crack or cannabis it doesn't matter.

Marijuana has many beneficial effects on humans and the negatives have almost exclusively not been conclusively proven yet. Smoking marijuana without tobacco in a pipe, bong or other device is NOT as bad for you as smoking a cigarette.

Quote from BlueFlame :Just because musicians have or still do smoke marijuana doesn't make it right, even if they are good at what they do, they would be good at what they did/do regardless of the drugs they take.

Marijuana can actually help the creative process because it increases some people's appreciation of music and can help to lessen inhibitions. Many of the best artists, singers, songwriters, playwrights etc throughout human history have been regular users of drugs like marijuana and opium. It's impossible to tell if they could have written the same quality (or better) material while 'sober'.

Quote from BlueFlame :People who have taken in alot of Marijuana become lethargic.

In the short term people who have overused marijuana can, yes. Are you talking about the effects of heavy use in the short term or in the long term? If in the long term please provide proof.

Quote from BlueFlame :Most of the world already suffer because the government are too lethargic to do anything.

Yes, most of the people in countries throughout the world don't protest their governments enough. However, to suggest this is because of marijuana is a little strange, IMO. TV is a bigger barrier to action than anything else as far as I'm concerned. I appreciate that's not something I can prove (as I've asked you to do).

Quote from BlueFlame :Marijuana also impairs vision (in terms of imagination and fore-thought) so having the government smoking Marijuana will only cause more problems when the government can't be arsed to deal with any of the problems.

Proof?

Quote from BlueFlame :What I meant by personality, is that it CAN change, and it CAN destroy relationships, but like alcohol, it will inevitably do that, unless your relationship counterpart is also including in the drug/alcohol abusage.

You're saying no people are in relationships where one partner smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol and the other doesn't?

Quote from BlueFlame :If you legalize cannabis, why not legalize cocaine. I mean, what difference is it? You may become addicted to the drug itself or the effects of it, but eitherway you become a useless cadaver just waiting to die.

The dangers of cocaine are much more well-established. Marijuana is not chemically addictive (which cocaine and nicotine are). Some people may smoke marijuana on a regular basis because they have become 'addicted' to the social or behavioural aspect of it, but the point is that this is based on the person's personality rather than being a chemical addiction of the body feeling the need for it.

Quote from BlueFlame :Cannabis affects the body more than tobacco for instance.

How? Proof?

Quote from BlueFlame :I wouldn't like to see someone who has smoked cannabis driving a car.

You might be surprised.

Quote from BlueFlame :Cannabis is something that can only be traced by smell, or by a drugs test (which costs tax payers money) so instead of drugs testing someone for a petty driving offence so they can get off scott-free, why not just have the cops smell them and they go to jail?

Eyes often become slightly red or bloodshot when using marijuana. It's very difficult to tell if someone has drunk half a pint of beer in a lot of instances. It requires a breathalyser test to determine if the person is over the legal limit for alcohol. The point is that not enough research has been conducted to test if there SHOULD be a legal limit for driving under the influence of marijuana.
Quote from amp88 :

Marijuana has many beneficial effects on humans and the negatives have almost exclusively not been conclusively proven yet. Smoking marijuana without tobacco in a pipe, bong or other device is NOT as bad for you as smoking a cigarette.

Marijuana can actually help the creative process because it increases some people's appreciation of music and can help to lessen inhibitions. Many of the best artists, singers, songwriters, playwrights etc throughout human history have been regular users of drugs like marijuana and opium. It's impossible to tell if they could have written the same quality (or better) material while 'sober'.

Proof?

You're saying no people are in relationships where one partner smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol and the other doesn't?

How? Proof?

1. I did not say smoking cannabis alone was just as bad as smoking a cigarette. This lack of your understanding only cements why marijuana shouldn't be legal. As you have completely bypassed what I have said in view of your own opinion. Effectively, changing what I said so you can say something that is of your opinion, but bears no relation to my comment.

2. If that is the case then surely we all need to be stoned, or smashed on drugs to really understand the music, then it can't be good if you need to be out of your mind to appreciate it.

3. There is no 'proof' it's common sense. You take any person who smokes cannabis more than once a week, and they can't even see into the next day. They can't plan ahead, all they are planning for is when to buy their next bag of green.

4. No, I am not saying that. I am saying that if you whipped out a spliff infront of a lovely young lady, or your grandmother, that things would not be the same.

5. Of course cannabis affects the body more than tobacco, all you get from tobacco is a slight "nicotine rush" and you will maybe feel light headed, nauseous but this only lasts for 30seconds to 2minutes and for anyone who smokes regularly, they don't get that feeling at all, unless they have gone for a while without a smoke.

Cannabis on the other hand, reduces hand-eye co-ordination, causes the eye lids to relax over the eyes, which can impair vision, and can impair the ability to differentiate distance and time.

You are clearly blind to the facts, when someone has smoked marijuana you can tell by just looking at their eyes they are glazed over, in many cases slightly rolling back into the skull and their eye lids about one third of the way down their eye, in what instance can you tell that someone has been smoking a cigarette by looking at their eyes?

The fact that you are blind to this simple fact, shows that you aren't thinking about legalizing cannabis rationally. In some cases even someone who has consumed a few units of alcohol do not show any visible external signs on their body that they have had anything to drink, if at all.

When you are saying that, or disbelieving that cannabis affects the body more than cigarettes and there is such a clear visible sign to root that fact, you only show that you aren't going to change your opinion because you must smoke marijuana yourself.
I say yes and no.

Every people can think or thinking again why yes, and why not.
Haha, Love to see the faces drop of Drug dealers dealing cannabis.
It will be mega cheap if its legalized.

Tried it, Wasn't too bad, Probably won't do it again.
Ah just legalize it, personally i think 10 pints is worse than a joint.
Plus it calms many people down.

We need Rockclans opinion as it always seems he is high.

White dwarf is the BOMB
Quote from BlueFlame : You take any person who smokes cannabis more than once a week, and they can't even see into the next day. They can't plan ahead, all they are planning for is when to buy their next bag of green.

:wow:

:ices_rofl Do you actually believe the shit you come out with? Honestly?

You really are quite absurd at times. You sound just like the Daily Mail.

Really, that description is right out of the Daily Mail guide to stereotypical dope users and has absolutely no basis in reality.

Keep going though, your posts are at least providing comedy value.
#139 - STF
Quote from BlueFlame :1. I did not say smoking cannabis alone was just as bad as smoking a cigarette.

Cannabis + tobacco is "healthier" than tobacco alone for your lungs on the long term (cancer etc), because cannabis has tumor fighting properties;
Which are well documented on a few obscure parts of the net. Check out this forum. Hemp oil story. URL.

I don`t know if it`s more efficient than other methods, like dichloroacetate, or bob beck protocol (part 1, 2), but I`m willing to bet it`s way more pleasurable. Plus, it has many other uses. And yeah, it`s illegal.

e:
Quote from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html :"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Quote from Jordan2007 :
personally i think 10 pints is worse than a joint.

so is 1000 joints worse than 1 pint!
Quote from -NightFly- :so is 1000 joints worse than 1 pint!

**** yes, you'd have to empty the ashtray and if you think you can manage that after 1000 joints you're quite quite delluded... :P
I don't suppose anyone can send me a half, or even a couple of joints worth? This god forsaken town that I've managed to somehow habit is as hash worthy as an elephant on a trampoline.
let me post some after effects of taking marijuana in large doses:

- you will get hooked
- you will have mental problems, such as memory loss, loss of focus / concentration, depression, and schizophrenia.
- you will have a shorter, harder life
- anxiety, paranoia

and also, take this into consideration - making a drug legal in drug addicted countries is like giving terrorists bombs. you're asking for trouble. there are all kinds of abusers, and smugglers out there that would take advantage of all this. sure, there are people who will use this drug wisely, but there are more people who won't.

schizophrenia - the illness where you have voices in your head telling you to do things. bad ones being taking illigal drugs, robbing, killing others and suicide

source - http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugs-marijuana.aspx
Quote from matseracer :let me post some after effects of taking marijuana in large doses:

- you will get hooked
- you will have mental problems, such as memory loss, loss of focus / concentration, depression, and schizophrenia.
- anxiety, paranoia

and also, take this into consideration - making a drug legal in drug addicted countries is like giving terrorists bombs. you're asking for trouble. there are all kinds of abusers, and smugglers out there that would take advantage of all this. sure, there are people who will use this drug wisely, but there are more people who won't.

schizophrenia - the illness where you have voices in your head telling you to do things. bad ones being taking illigal drugs, robbing, killing others and suicide

You're kidding, right?

Even your obviously biased source says cannabis CAN cause said effects, it doesn't say it will as you imply.
And from my understanding cannabis doesn't really cause mental problems, it might provoke and strenghten them in already damaged mind/brain.

Just like any other substance, legal or not, cannabis doesn't suit everyone.

I had quite a lot more text here but ended up deleting it since what's the point? the internets is full of accurate knowledge of cannabis, in both it's good and bad qualities, for everyone genuinely interested to find and read.
+1 Jonesy
Quote from matseracer :
- you will have mental problems, such as [...] loss of focus / concentration, depression
- anxiety

If I already have medication for this, what's the downside?

I feel marijuana should remain illegal.

In medicine usage it of course should be legal to use this product as a benefit of the health and condition of the user.

But I see a lot of problems if it's "open to the every-day-man". We allready have so much problems with alcohol and tobacoo, this would just make more problems. It's safe to say that mostly is this product not dangerous, but to some it will. And just the "some" might be more people that what we think about.

Also, haven't you noticed how people change when beginning to smoke? I can't put my finger exactly on what, but at least the friends of mine that began to smoke this stuff turned out to somewhat change personality / way of thinking and acting. That too can cause problems.

And yes, I have tried it and enjoyed it, but still think it should be illegal
Quote from matseracer :let me post some after effects of taking marijuana in large doses:

- you will get hooked
- anxiety, paranoia

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My god man
seriously
whoa

i havent laughed that hard in years. i just spotted that it says "facts" in the link, lmfao

On a more serious note, this is why drug users don't believe the government on drug facts and research.
Anyone remember the "Acid drains your spinal fluid" and "MDMA puts holes in your brain" scare tactics?
If you want to actually learn about what you're ingesting

www.erowid.org
Quote from The Very End :
Also, haven't you noticed how people change when beginning to smoke? I can't put my finger exactly on what, but at least the friends of mine that began to smoke this stuff turned out to somewhat change personality / way of thinking and acting. That too can cause problems.

I've come across this in major stoners (IE; Smoking every day)
Its a pitty, because a good friend of mine went from occasionaly getting stoned / using many other drugs to just weed every day
she used to be fun / interesting / weird

....now shes just boring

Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG