The online racing simulator
Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )

Poll : Should marijuana be legalised?

I feel strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should be legalised.
I don't care if marijuana is legalised.
I feel strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
The posts of blueflame and matseracer made me laugh. At the same time, it's quite shocking that some people really belive in such nonsense.
Quote from BlueFlame :...

I'm not going to spend more time again trying to refute this post with any kind of considered arguments because you're spouting baseless propaganda and not listening to anything. If you sincerely believe what you say then you're entitled to your opinion...and an opinion it is, rather than fact.
Quote from jibber :The posts of blueflame and matseracer made me laugh. At the same time, it's quite shocking that some people really belive in such nonsense.

Strangely few people have experienced this nonsence on their own skin though...
genesis 1:12th anyone?
Caffeine to keep you punching the clock 9 to 5

Alcohol to numb the brain and body, to help you forget how overworked you are.

Tobacco/nicotine to keep you hooked for a lifetime on a useless product which costs mere cents to produce but which you'll pay anything for because, well.. you're hooked.

These drugs make sense.

Marijuana... for helping you to appreciate the subtle, trippy effects embedded in reggae music.

...Doesn't make much sense.
#156 - STF
... enhancing the senses, amplifying sensations, making you aware of very subtle things(or maybe it`s just you imagining them), who`d want that.

People smoking with their spouse/partner will know what I`m talking about. :P

Quote from TVE :..

And why do you feel it should not be made legal? Because of the whole "OMG it`s illegal, me iz a bad boy" stuff, or what? That`s rubish but the only thing I can imagine some would think.
Please explain. What are those negatives greater than the positives?
Quote from -NightFly- :Strangely few people have experienced this nonsence on their own skin though...

I smoke weed since 15 years, daily. I have yet to experience any of those things.

I also know lots and lots of people who smoke weed on a daily basis, some of them do this since before the day i was born (more than 30 years). I have yet to meet somebody who shows any of those nonsense "after effects" of smoking weed.

By the way: They all have normal jobs and normal lives including friends, family, girlfriends, wifes, kids, etc.

Some people might fit those nonsense after effects that people are talking about in this thread. But honestly, a person who has issues and problems, an emotionally unstable person, with tendencies to schizophrenia... these people didn't become like that because of smoking weed. However, it may help them to further "develop" those issues (weed works great as an enhancer of feelings / emotions, so if you're paranoid and want to amplify these feelings, smoking weed will certainly do the trick for you).
Quote from STF :... enhancing the senses, amplifying sensations, making you aware of very subtle things(or maybe it`s just you imagining them), who`d want that.

People smoking with their spouse/partner will know what I`m talking about. :P

And why do you feel it should not be made legal? Because of the whole "OMG it`s illegal, me iz a bad boy" stuff, or what? That`s rubish but the only thing I can imagine some would think.
Please explain. What are those negatives greater than the positives?

I belived I made my reason clear? Oh well

The reason why not - do we need it? Yes, in medicine I agree, but why do we need even more things to put in ourself to feel better. Are we really that misserable that we canot handle anything without having to escape to some kind of drug, alcohol and such?

I am not judging, just thinking out loud. For medicine it's a usage area, for others - no, just a new way pleasuring themself.

And as Klutch says, the ones that starts to smoke on a daily baisis does change their personality / mentall aspecs. I see that as a bad thing, if it can be avoided to mess up with, then it's best to avoid it.

IMO!

Edit: And of course, if you allready are smoking it yourselfe, you wouldn't notice the difference yourselfe. Also people are differnent, so I canot say something that happens to a few people happens to all of them.
Quote from The Very End :Are we really that misserable that we canot handle anything without having to escape to some kind of drug, alcohol and such?

The binge drinking crisis of 16-25 year olds in australia seems to point to yes.
Is it that bad? Never heared anything bad about that kind of crisis before :s
#161 - STF
Quote from The Very End :Are we really that misserable that we canot handle anything without having to escape to some kind of drug, alco-lol[...]

Corrected. Not judgind either.

Ok,
What about the ones that start drinking on a daily basis. Does that change their personality / mental aspects?
To which ones does that happen, to the heavy users, or for those that are enjoying a beer or two?

I`ll tell you what does change personalities: being artificially turned into a criminal for a plant, the paranoia of it being illegal, visiting dodgy dealers on the street, stepping into a world of snitches, undercover cops, wire tapping, that`s what.

If you mean they become lethargic, "not giving a fsck", maybe they`re a boring person to begin with. Or using the wrong merchandise.
You said you have experienced, and enjoyed it, so you should know there are different types of "high": indica's "couch lock", or sativa's insta-brain activator(makes you creative and stuff).

Seriously; It should be a choice for each one to make, IMO.
We`re not sheep FFS to be told what to do, how to do, and when to do it. Oh wait..

E: I`m not an everyday smoker, but I do enjoy it when I get the chance.

How would you feel if it was legal to begin with? What would you think of the people using/enjoying it?
Quote from The Very End :And of course, if you allready are smoking it yourselfe, you wouldn't notice the difference yourselfe. Also people are differnent, so I canot say something that happens to a few people happens to all of them.

I'm not judging myself here. When i say i haven't changed, that's what people tell me who knew me since i'm a child. I also get a lot of "what?! i would never have thought that you're a weed smoker!" when i tell people that i smoke weed.
Well, it does not apply on everyone, and tbh. I think 99% of the ones using it would not change, I just have these two mates of mine that turned into.. well just strange.. but again, I am not judging and I do respect you even if you use it - your choise

And I totally agree, saying everyone is a criminal / junkie and worse because of a silly smoke, seriously :| That's just ignorant.

I still love you STF and Jibber, no matter our differences
Quote from The Very End :
I still love you STF and Jibber, no matter our differences

No worries, it's just a discussion... we love you too.
#166 - STF
jibber: +1 to your both last two posts.

TVE: lol hey, as long as it`s brotherly love I don`t mind. +1

IMO, this molecule called THC is a wonderful thing.

It`s real value lays in its therapeutic properties. And I don`t mean smoking joints until you spit your lungs out(ok, it sounded nice in my head), that is a wasteful way of consuming it.

I`m talking about proper high grade cannabis stripped from the resin, which turned into an oil and ingested(salads, cookies, w/e.. be creative) has effects unexplainable by the so called all knowing medical society.
The getting high part, is just a side effect, or improper use, fooling around if I may. Check out this pdf. Skip to th ... d read on, a page or two.

But how can governments perform this kind of service to humanity, when they get billions from cancer treatments? And that`s "only" cancer we`re talking about.

And then there are the loud voices (everywhere on the net) emanating government propaganda and education given by reefer madness crazed parrents/relatives. How can I stand this, knowing what I know, how can anyone..?

I am talking about people that still believe this is a highly addictive, life wrecking, familly destroying etc etc "drug". And those who think it should remain illegal. Government knows best, right? Meh.
Rant(s) over.

I come back to the last question of my previous post:

How would you feel if it was legal to begin with? What would you think of the people using/enjoying it? What then?
Your last question.. hmm..
Well.. I canot reply on that.. I think it would be ..a dillema Rules are rules, but well.. Beats me tbh, I think I somewhat would change my mind and say it's ok.

Yeah, I am a sheep / tool I guess
Regardless of how bad it is for you; tobacco doesn't have such a profound effect as what mariguana does, ...as well as alchohol doesn't have a crazy range of short term effects.

I agree with it being used as a medicine, but to legalise if for all I don't agree. Only because most of the people I know who do smoke weed go rather slow during the effects, in one case my mate who has smoked it long term pretty regulary just babbles complete none sense most of the time now, and I will only blame it on weed.
Quote from STF :I`m talking about proper high grade cannabis stripped from the resin, which turned into an oil and ingested(salads, cookies, w/e.. be creative) has effects unexplainable by the so called all knowing medical society.
The getting high part, is just a side effect, or improper use, fooling around if I may. Check out this pdf. Skip to th ... d read on, a page or two.

I'm not really interested in the discussion, but I have an obsession with checking sources: you know that your given source claims it cures AIDS right? Sounds a bit dodgy...
i have to say, i didnt read the replys.
but i still have to say one thing...NO.
legalizing it would be stupid.
we dont need more legal drugs.

it should stay illegal, and alcohol should be as well.
i actually do drink alcohol sometimes, but i wouldnt miss it.
any drug that goes straight into the brain should be illegal.

why? cause they actual kill a lot of ppl.
no, i dont mean the ones consuming it, rather the ppl that "meet" the ppl which did drink/smoke.
car accidents, fights, senseless murder ect...the list is long.
a lot of those are caused by drugs.
and very often the victims are innocent.
Quote from matseracer :- you will get hooked
- you will have mental problems, such as memory loss, loss of focus / concentration, depression, and schizophrenia.
- you will have a shorter, harder life
- anxiety, paranoia

Replace "will" with "may" and you're getting closer to the truth. Next, ask yourself if these possible effects are worse than what alcohol and tobacco do. (Hint: Doctors say they're not.) That would mean it's not logical that MJ and cannabis are illegal but booze and cigs are not.
Quote from The Very End :We allready have so much problems with alcohol and tobacoo, this would just make more problems.

OK, then legalize MJ and at the same time outlaw alcohol and tobacco. Then the total of our drug-related problems will improve, right?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :it should stay illegal, and alcohol should be as well.

They tried that it the US in the 1920s, and it failed. It made Al Capone rich, and worst of all it gave rise to NASCAR.

Apparently, many people want some way to intoxicate themselves. The question is what substances would be least harmful.
So it turns out most of the people that dislike my generic opinion are all for legalizing marijuana. Hahaha, and I thought I was going insane.

Asking to legalize drugs is basically like giving your child a spliff (in the United Kingdom at least).

Children find ways to drink underage, they will sure as hell find a way to smoke cannabis underage too. If you think that is ok, then you need to be shot. We have enough problems with drink and drugs as it is. You all moan that legalizing cannabis will sort out the prison and legal system, well it won't. How many people get sentenced for a crime due to being under the influence of alcohol (which is legal). Too many. How many people get sentenced for illegal substances.. Too many.

It matters not that cannabis becomes legal, illegal or what. The fact of the matter is the problem won't go away after satisfying some peoples drug smoking habits.

You legalize anything, and you present it to children, and people who do not use the object that has been legalized. Some people have never smoked cannabis because they've never encountered it. These people are few, and you want to minimalize this number to suit you and your friends habits? Really, you are only thinking about yourselves.

I am not a Daily Mail reader, so you can shove that theory that I spout propaganda up your arse, the fact you call an opinion against cannabis propaganda has only cemented the fact that the paranoia of your drug habit has already kicked in. I've smoked cannabis but stopped because I grew the **** up. Not to mention the fact it is against most laws. To be honest for the majority, cannabis only acts as a painkiller, sedetive. Well Paracetamol and Co-Codamol/Codiene are legal and there are enough people who are addicted to those. Not to mention Morphine.

I could post aload of sources backing up my statements, but what's the point, you will all just say that it's not a valid test result or that it's manufactured propaganda by the Daily ****ing Mail.
Quote from BlueFlame :So it turns out most of the people that dislike my generic opinion are all for legalizing marijuana. Hahaha, and I thought I was going insane.

Asking to legalize drugs is basically like giving your child a spliff (in the United Kingdom at least).

Children find ways to drink underage, they will sure as hell find a way to smoke cannabis underage too. If you think that is ok, then you need to be shot. We have enough problems with drink and drugs as it is. You all moan that legalizing cannabis will sort out the prison and legal system, well it won't. How many people get sentenced for a crime due to being under the influence of alcohol (which is legal). Too many. How many people get sentenced for illegal substances.. Too many.

You do realise it doesnt matter if its legal or not?

Its not like dealers care if you're 18 and legal. You know.... Just throwing it out here...
Quote from DevilDare :You do realise it doesnt matter if its legal or not?

Its not like dealers care if you're 18 and legal. You know.... Just throwing it out here...

Yes, that's the point! If it's as bad as it is now, how worse will it become? Plus the fact that cannabis is used oftenly by people who take other drugs. So you will only become a user of other drugs. It happened to me, I started on Marijuana then I moved to MDMA(Ecstacy). I don't regret taking drugs because I have learnt from it. I am very passionate about warning and telling poeople about the damage cannabis and all drugs do to people as I have seen it in myself and in other people.

Lethargic behaviour and low motivation means you go nowhere in life and if you need to be intoxicated to a high degree there is problems for you whether you take cannabis or not.

If you use it to sleep, then you should see a doctor, if you use it to kill pain, you should also see a doctor, instead of taking it into your own hands and then defending the drugs instead of admitting that you are acting out a bad habit ffs.

Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG