The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Fastest race lap doesn't really mean ALL that much because there are so many factors that go into it.

Like having a clear track for one, and not leading the race for another. Why would the race leader need to keep ramming fast laps when he's already pulled away? Vettel had the space because Webber disappeared!
Personaly best car is revbull but best driver is hamilton so him and redbull = instoppable, but with such a traxck like monaco and with thepsyhics of f1 and not being able to ovbetake its crucial to get a good wualifying to lead from rasce to end to win and gain maximum points for team, if i was to put money ion who wins wdc i'd ay webber he seems to ride his car better to not damage it unlikevettel who push too ahrd when not needed
Quote from AMB :Personaly best car is revbull but best driver is hamilton so him and redbull = instoppable, but with such a traxck like monaco and with thepsyhics of f1 and not being able to ovbetake its crucial to get a good wualifying to lead from rasce to end to win and gain maximum points for team, if i was to put money ion who wins wdc i'd ay webber he seems to ride his car better to not damage it unlikevettel who push too ahrd when not needed

u came home too early

hi btw
Quote from AMB :Personaly best car is revbull but best driver is hamilton so him and redbull = instoppable, but with such a traxck like monaco and with thepsyhics of f1 and not being able to ovbetake its crucial to get a good wualifying to lead from rasce to end to win and gain maximum points for team, if i was to put money ion who wins wdc i'd ay webber he seems to ride his car better to not damage it unlikevettel who push too ahrd when not needed

Wuah?
if you've brushed up on your off-topic... you'd know that he drank a bit too much vodka and got a handjob from a 25 year old married lady tonight, so cut him some slack, mmkay?

EDIT: actually, that thread seems to have been removed now.
Some vodka revbull no doubt?
Sorry about the post, although it's what I still think, but with less spelling and grammar errors

@Benji Coke and Vodka
You think Hamilton is the BEST driver on the current grid?
Quote from zeugnimod :You think Hamilton is the BEST driver on the current grid?

Yeah, Vettel and Webber have the best car BY far, 99% of the grid are robots as in same old boring scared to attack driving, and the 1% is Hamilton.
There is no best driver in the current grid, it's too difficult to say.
I think the best driver is clearly Alonso, followed by Kubica. Then, it gets harder. Webber, Vettel, Hamilton and Button are all on the same level.

Alguersuari was actually quite impressive in the last few races.
Quote from zeugnimod :I think the best driver is clearly Alonso, followed by Kubica. Then, it gets harder. Webber, Vettel, Hamilton and Button are all on the same level.

Alguersuari was actually quite impressive in the last few races.

Some people just think the best overtaker or the fastest must be the best driver. They fail to realise that driving a racing car quickly is rather more tricky than just pumping in fast laps or outbraking cars ahead.

However, the water is muddied this year, and I'm not sure who is doing the best job. Alonso has been "the best" for a while now, but that's not very evident in the Ferrari much just yet. Hamilton has to overtake a lot of things because he's incompetent at some aspects of being an F1 driver. Jenson is lacking the raw pace and the ability to adapt to a car's needs.

I think (and I stress that I feel it's too early to make a sensible call) that Kubica is probably the best driver this year. The narrower front tyres have really helped him shine once again.
Quote from tristancliffe :Some people just think the best overtaker or the fastest must be the best driver. They fail to realise that driving a racing car quickly is rather more tricky than just pumping in fast laps or outbraking cars ahead.

Someone who overtakes is not necessarily "a winner" but it bloody helps.
Someone who pounds fast laps all race is not necessarily "a winner" but it bloody helps.

What can be more difficult than this? Managing the car is one thing that isn't one of the two points above. But overtaking and driving fast every lap IS racing. Everytime someone points out that Hamilton overtakes more than anyone else you decide to put 'some people' to bed with your stupid theories about why racing is more difficult that Hamilton makes it look. Stop pointing out {yet again} by making a sesspool of false reasons of why you don't like Hamilton.

PS. I am not a Hamilton fan. I am an F1 fan.
This year its really hard to judge who is best or not but Kubica imo hasn't got a team mate fast enough to be compared as the fastest however he is one of the top but last year he did get out scored by heidfeld, who i would rate as an average driver, Alonso was in the exact same situation in 08 .

My theory on Hamilton is he seems to be getting worse every year, i know this may sound completely stupid but think about it, in hes first year he was very conservative and barely made many mistakes and was very consistent, in 08 he made plenty of mistakes however so did hes competition so he could still win the championship, 09 was kinda unfair but the mistakes where still there, this year button is beating him on points because of un-consistency, Hamilton imo is probably the fastest on the grid but hes not consistent enough to be the best.

Alonso has made quite a few mistakes this year but is pretty lucky in getting points out of it, which alot of people kind of forgot, but Alonso hasn't been as consistent when fighting for the title since 2006.

Webber i think has been a Good driver hes entire career but once he got to the stage of being in a good car it was probably a bit too late however he would still be able to contend for a title.

Vettel is fast but he lacks consistency like Hamilton and seems to lack Race pace compared to hes Qualifying ability.

Button is a good driver but he was very lucky to get the title in 09 Imo, the car was built around hes style and was much faster then the competition he only really needed to beat hes pensioner team mate barrichello to win, even though in 2010 hes scoring good he seems to be just capitalizing on others mistakes or making good luck.

Judging by them all there pretty Equal. I would probably say Alonso overall is still the best but its close.

However Kubica is still abit of a unknown.
Quote from Mustafur :Vettel is fast but he lacks consistency like Hamilton and seems to lack Race pace compared to hes Qualifying ability.

I beg to differ though, Vettel was consistent but just redbull isn't. The only case where Vettel dropped the ball by underperforming is at the last two race, and "underperforming" still means podiums by his (and red bull
s) standard.

The first two race were ruined by mechanical failure. And in China redbull didn't have an answer to Button's Strategy and really lost it there.

I don't think there should be doubt with his race pace either, in any case when he leads he leads a comfortable 15 or so sec clear of the rest.
"You're only as good as your last race", as someone in F1 once said. It's definitely the case this season, with five teams and ten drivers of varying degrees of experience and talent capable of regular podium finishes.
Quote from JJ72 :I beg to differ though, Vettel was consistent but just redbull isn't. The only case where Vettel dropped the ball by underperforming is at the last two race, and "underperforming" still means podiums by his (and red bull
s) standard.

The first two race were ruined by mechanical failure. And in China redbull didn't have an answer to Button's Strategy and really lost it there.

I don't think there should be doubt with his race pace either, in any case when he leads he leads a comfortable 15 or so sec clear of the rest.

Im not really talking about either of those races, more of a combination of both 09 and 2010.

On average He is better then webber in Qualifying pretty convincingly but race pace is about equal if not on Webber's side.

But Red bull are easily the least co-ordinated front running team
Quote from diablo21 :

that's terrible.

between that and that video i saw of them driving along a frozen body of water, i don't think they deserve those cars... they abuse them too much.
Quote from Mustafur :Im not really talking about either of those races, more of a combination of both 09 and 2010.

On average He is better then webber in Qualifying pretty convincingly but race pace is about equal if not on Webber's side.

But Red bull are easily the least co-ordinated front running team

I thought Vettel was country miles ahead of Webber in a lot of the races (and before his car broke down anyway)~?
Nice passes by the McLarens

edit: whoops, wrong thread.
Good news. Hopefully Red Bull can produce another leading car next season.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG