The online racing simulator
Eurovision song contest. Oslo 2010
(278 posts, started )
Sorry lauris, lithuania didnt make it ;(
Failure. Lithuania no go.

How on earth did Ireland make it though?! She was terrible, and ugly, and fat.
Congratulations for Germany, if I read correctly, they are through to the finals. Congratulations for our country, we didn't make it to the finals and I hope that stupid song can now get off the radio (please?)

I didn't watch it on tv, but I will hear it tomorrow on the radio and read it in the newspaper.
Quote from mamoru :Congratulations for Germany, if I read correctly, they are through to the finals.

UK, France, Spain and Germany dont have to qualify for some reason.
They are atomaticallly in the final
They are in because they helped to organise the event with money
Man, Netherlands didn't get through, I loved that Dansband song...
Netherlands didn't get through? :sadbanana
Does anyone still give a shit about this contest?

Its just some contest for singers who doesn't feel enough of themselves... And every year it is the same story, who puts more money and peachy light effects are the winners. Like some russian gayboi in 2008 (who wouldn't win with olympic champion on ice?)

So IMHO people shouldn't go to suicide because of "MY COUNTRY IS NOT IN FINALS!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!". It could be better that Lithuania wouldn't go to Eurofagvision next year, even though this year Inculto guys was competing there just because some people found money.

Go cry a river, fanboys.
Quote from TexasLTU : "MY COUNTRY IS NOT IN FINALS!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!"

I dare you to find one person who's genuinely upset because of that.

On another note, did you notice that in the first semifinal the last performer and the last name to be called out was Iceland? The phrase "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" just got proven.

Anyway, on Saturday, I'm going to mute the TV, listen to the seriously politically incorrect drunk commentary from the radio and play the drinking game. Going to be a lot of fun.
Tbh i just watch it to have a laugh lol.

Not even the TV commentators take it seriously here.

"Wow! He hangs it lefthanded!" @ some guy in a tight outfit,
and describing one of the acts as "rational strangle-sex" ;D
I find it funny to see that other countries are like 'awhhh Netherlands didn't get through' and we are like 'fck off with that stupid song'.

Doing good here I see
The Netherlands's song is exactly the kind of song that this contest deserves as a winner, tbh.
Quote from TexasLTU :
So IMHO people shouldn't go to suicide because of "MY COUNTRY IS NOT IN FINALS!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!".

Yes you should.

France & Germany FTW!
Quote from zeugnimod :Netherlands didn't get through? :sadbanana

That banana shows exactly my response when their name didn't show from any of the 10 envelopes...

I also completely agree that the Netherlands had a 'winner' song.
Its so funny here in germanland, since our contestant was casted by ProSieben (TV channel), the direct rival RTL tries everything to present her in a bad way. But I like Lenas responses to stupid questions:

"Do you have a boyfriend?" - "No, but I'm in my 8th forced marriage."
"What do want to do after Oslo?" - "I'll study quantum physics. I always loved that."
"Are your parents backstage? How are they?" - "Nööööt"*sound of a buzzer*

The Netherlands could have got many votes from old people here, It would fit perfectly in our Musikantenstadl
Quote from BlueFlame :That banana shows exactly my response when their name didn't show from any of the 10 envelopes...

I also completely agree that the Netherlands had a 'winner' song.

It was such a terrible song LOL! Shalalie shalala shalalie shalala!
Quote from ACCAkut :Its so funny here in germanland, since our contestant was casted by ProSieben (TV channel), the direct rival RTL tries everything to present her in a bad way. But I like Lenas responses to stupid questions:

"Do you have a boyfriend?" - "No, but I'm in my 8th forced marriage."
"What do want to do after Oslo?" - "I'll study quantum physics. I always loved that."
"Are your parents backstage? How are they?" - "Nööööt"*sound of a buzzer*

I loved this. (in response to another question about her accent :tilt
Right. Because at the moment I've got nothing better to do I'll share the epic theory I found:
According to some statistics

- From the year 2000 onwards all ESC winners have shared a longitude or a latitude with the host country.
- From 2000 onwards the winner has never won previously or the victory occurred more than a decade earlier.
- From 2003 onwards the winning country has had it's surface area larger than the median of the set.
- From 2004 onwards the winning country has shared a border with at least three other countries.
- From 2004 onwards the flag of the winning country has had blue in it
- ... from 2005 it has had white in it
- ... from 2007 it has had red in it.
- From 2005 the winner has performed their act during the last third of the final.
- From 2005 the lyrics have had a religious reference in them (IE Rybak's curse or Elena's crusifiction)
- From 2005 the winning song and 2006 onwards the winning artist have been selected at least partly by a televote in their respected national final.
- From 2006 the winner has came though a semifinal.
- From 2006 the winning song has had at least one L-letter in it's name.

IF we discard principles that appeared later than 2004 the winner this year would be France, Romania or The Czech Republic. Note that if during the following years any smaller or bigger country than Czech joins or leaves the contest it stops being the 21st largest of the 42. Also if we include the principles from 2004 onwards Romania's flag does not have white in it and France doesn't have to go through a semifinal.

If all three of the conditions above happened to be true and neither France Romania nor Czech republic could win the winner would be Great Britain as it's transmarine areas Gibraltar and Akrotiri and Dhekelia would also be included when looking at border sharing neighbouring countries.

40 mins to go
ROFL @ the guy running on stage during the Spain act
I liked song of Belgium, reminded something of James Blunt.
And that spanish guy was prolly disappointed about Alonso's poor Turkish GP quali.
Oh my... you guys actually watch that crap?
Ireland's was the best I've seen so far. Turkey were pretty good too, but that bloody strobe light drove me mad [No I'm not epileptic]
Ukraine was actually really good.
I liked Iceland and France so far.
Belgiums got a good song but its never gonna win

Eurovision song contest. Oslo 2010
(278 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG